• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mackenzie, I'm from Ottawa too, i been calling the corporal  in charge of my file everyday this week but i couldn't get through to him and i finally i just decided to call the regular number for the recruiting center and they told me i have been accepted but no details yet they said they will know by next week and that they will call me.

ok so I found out details, to got Civi U, I applied for Civi U, Air Engineering, I got Civi U, Sea Eng, the Recruiter stressed the fact that I even got an offer apparently very few ppl got offer from the second round, and almost all RMC spots were taken first round, and Air Eng was pretty much all gone, so I'm going to accept, and do my first year and request a change and if they say no, I'll have to weigh my options. good luck to the rest of you.

Congratulations to all of you who got accepted!!  : :D  I hope I get my call soon. Finally got a hold of the officer in charge of my file. He said that I didn't get accepted yet and there are two more selection boards. Hope those who are still waiting, including myself, make it  :-\

Hi everyone. I made acceptance into the Royal Military College as an Electrical and Mechanical Engineering officer. Thank you all very much for your help. I would not have made it in without the help this forum has given me.

J.Johnson said:
Hi everyone. I made acceptance into the Royal Military College as an Electrical and Mechanical Engineering officer. Thank you all very much for your help. I would not have made it in without the help this forum has given me.

Finally, someone else going to RMC for land engineering! I don't think I've seen anyone else post acceptance for that yet. Congrats!

Alright! That makes two land engineers so far.
Question: Were you part of the first or the second board?

Hi guys,

Been a while since I posted as I was a little discouraged that I didn't make it to RMC for fall of 2009...BUT I went to CFRC Corner Brook yesterday, and reviewed my file with the recruiter, and he told me that I have to make a case and it has to go to Halifax to get approval for me to  rewrite the CFAT for the 3rd time....He told me I have a good chance because I improved significantly between test one and test two....He also told me that I can go to MUN in St.Johns and start the engineering program and the Canadian Forces can "pick me up".....The bottom line is that I don't give up too easy, and I'm determined to get to either RMC or become an officer in some way or another!!....Maybe one day ill see some of you either at RMC or on a course? Who knows!!....I want to eventually get in the Air Force, and become a Airfield Engineer.....

Congrats to all those that made it! And for those that didn't; like me, DONT GIVE UP YET!  :salute:

Gregory Hulan

:army: :cdn: :yellow:

J.Johnson said:
Question: Were you part of the first or the second board?

I was accepted by the first board that sat in February.
My letter of acceptance is dated Friday, Feb. 13th  ;D

You've received a letter? :eek: ...I guess they haven't sent all of those letters out yet...or maybe just mine...  :-\

ok so i just found out that my recruiting center thought i haven't even started university, and chose to offer me Sea Eng, but im just finishing up first year aerospace eng, i applied for air eng, i hope they take that into account and reconsider, i dont know what to do with my offer should i reject it and hope it get air eng or should i accept it and then apply for occupations reassignment to air eng.

ACEC said:
You've received a letter?

The letter came late March and I live in Ontario not far from Kingston.
Your out in NS so that may be why you haven't recieved it yet.
I don't have it with me at the moment, but I believe it was mailed from Borden, ON.

I got the call yesterday, got accepted to CivU, for Armoured.  ;D (finishing my 1st year at uOttawa right now)

Apparently I'm not doing any training this summer, unfortunately.

CEEBEE501 said:
Kinda off topic but.
Any one here from Vancouver Island?

I'm from Saltspring (close enough?),  at UVic as well

I live in Nova Scotia as well and I haven't received confirmation by mail either. Not to worry, it will come soon. I found out I made it by contacting my file manager.

Just a short note to say congratulations to everyone that has been picked up in the first and second rounds, and to say that regardless of whether or not you have been selected for ROTP (whether at a military college or for subsidisation at one of the civilian universities) or if you have not been selected in the competition, you will receive both a call and a letter.

For those of you who have not been selected and are still committed to a military career, there are other options to ROTP and I sincerely hope that you will have a look at them.

My best wishes to you all,
MKO

Hey, I got offered ROTP Naval Engineering, But I couldn't accept, I applied fir Air Eng, Aviation has always been a passion, I cant go back on it, I know other people would love to been have offered ROTP I think its more important that you are happy with your job so that you become an effective member of the CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back