• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

2011Applicant said:
Nine people out of 25 applicants total.
ie. 25 people applied for ROTP for various trades, nine people total got accepted.
I'm one of those 16 people. Agh, I am bringing in an updated transcript on Monday, because i told my interviewer my marks just didn't bring the paper to prove it. Last year Functions Mark, 47  :p, this year 81.

I'm on the east coast waiting to hear if I was a successful candidate. Since mine is A CT through DMilC, might still be a while.

MCplManser said:
I'm on the east coast waiting to hear if I was a successful candidate. Since mine is A CT through DMilC, might still be a while.

You never mentioned that you were CT'ing to officer. No wonder you didn't think you would make it to sgt.

Joe

MCplManser said:

I'm in the same boat.

Those going Civy U you will be doing a two week training period this summer at the MEGA.  It used to happen at CMR-SJ but you will be the first pool to go through the MEGA this summer and then again next summer for BMOQ.

Congrats to everyone accepted.

Is anyone on here going MARS. I didn't even list 2nd and 3rd choices at the advice of my file manager because I am currently part way through my MARS training in the reserves.

so wait, only 9 got accepted to ROTP so far? please explain I don't understand.
so has the admissions board notified every CFRC?

seagull135 said:
so wait, only 9 got accepted to ROTP so far? please explain I don't understand.
so has the admissions board notified every CFRC?

Only 9 out of the 25 applicants out of CFRC London got accepted. There's definitely plenty more candidates that have been notified.

runormal said:
I'm one of those 16 people. Agh, I am bringing in an updated transcript on Monday, because i told my interviewer my marks just didn't bring the paper to prove it. Last year Functions Mark, 47  :p, this year 81.

There are three rounds of selection. Just because you did not get picked up first round does not mean there is not a chance you will not get in. A lot of individuals submit these applications in September. A lot can change between that duration of time. People may turn down these offers and then it is back to the merit list.

chin up

Here is how my phone call went. "You've been offered your first choice, Pilot at RMC." "HAHAHAHAHAHA are you joking?" "No we don't joke about that sort of thing around here. I take it you accept then." "Of course" "Well I need to go make offers to other people now, believe it or not, some people would actually decline that offer." "Those people must be crazy." "Yup, they are. The RC will be in contact with you again shortly. Have a nice day and congrats."

I do not understand how some people could go through the entire application process just to turn something down. It seems ludicrous to me.

oaktown said:
Is anyone on here going MARS. I didn't even list 2nd and 3rd choices at the advice of my file manager because I am currently part way through my MARS training in the reserves.

I applied for MARS as my first choice.

macknightcr said:
Those going Civy U you will be doing a two week training period this summer at the MEGA.  It used to happen at CMR-SJ but you will be the first pool to go through the MEGA this summer and then again next summer for BMOQ.

Congrats to everyone accepted.

Whats the MEGA?

pudd13 said:
\
I do not understand how some people could go through the entire application process just to turn something down. It seems ludicrous to me.

Suppose it was not their preferred choice, or they have changed their mind over the 7months since submitting their application.

So I'm from Sault Ste Marie.
I didn't get a call this Friday, does that mean I missed the first wave of admissions?

No, I think the selection happened later in the day so only a few in the EST zone may have received a call while a couple of our more western friends were called because of the time difference.

Oaktown, I have MARS as my second choice.

seagull135 said:
So I'm from Sault Ste Marie.
I didn't get a call this Friday, does that mean I missed the first wave of admissions?

No it doesn't mean you missed the first round. All of the calls don't come out on the same day, so you could hear sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Maverick94 said:
Whats the MEGA?

The MEGA is the name of the huge building in St.Jean where you do basic training.

Those who have applied MARS have you heard anything? I feel it is going to be a tricky trade to get an offer in, they needed MARS officers like non other than they over recruited and had major back logs on training, now who knows?

Did anyone applying for MARS hear anything or remember their recruiters saying anything about numbers / difficulty to getting accepted for MARS?

Rogo said:
Suppose it was not their preferred choice, or they have changed their mind over the 7months since submitting their application.

Or something.. In their life changed drastically. Everyone is different and experiences different things, life loves to through you curve balls. I knew two guys that backed out of ROTP because of their scholarships down-south to baseball.
(A less dramatic reason).

I know someone who declined an offer last year. He didn't do a lot of research before submitting his application. After a few months of discussing what he would be doing he decided it wasn't what he expected ahead of time and therefore decided it wasn't for him anymore.

I suppose there would be legitimate reasons to back out, thats for sure. I guess I am just a little biased because as far as I see, there would never be a legitimate reason for me to back out.

Since CFRC Toronto has their list of acceptances in, do you guys think I'll be getting the call Monday? Or they might wait till later in the week?

Back