• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Just got a phone call!!!

I have been accepted as an Aerospace Control Officer. I will be going to RMC next year. :D:D
(Out of CFRC New Westminster as well.)

Congratulations to everyone.
Has anyone who applied through CFRC Halifax heard yet? If not I suppose we'll have to wait until next week as it's 1800 here and the RC closed at 1600...

I phoned my RC, CFRC Saskatoon. I was told that they didn't have any information for me today, but they were 99% certain they would have it by Monday. I'm excited, but also prepared to be disappointed.

Just spoke with CFRC New West, I have been accepted into ROTP as a Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer. I will be going to UBC Kelowna next year.

They asked me if I accepted. I must have sounded like an idiot, I just giggled and said "what?" Like there's any way I'd turn it down.

Huzzahs!

For those going through civilian university, do you have any idea when you are going to go to St-Jean for the boot camp? Is it normally done during the first summer?

Congrats to everyone accepted! I hope to have so good news too next week.

trampbike said:
For those going through civilian university, do you have any idea when you are going to go to St-Jean for the boot camp? Is it normally done during the first summer?

Congrats to everyone accepted! I hope to have so good news too next week.

From what I have gathered from other posts; you would do your first part of training in the summer following your first year of school.

LJohnson said:
They asked me if I accepted. I must have sounded like an idiot, I just giggled and said "what?" Like there's any way I'd turn it down.

I'm sure they've had the giggly response more than once. :p

Oh definitely! Took me a couple tries to say "I accept!" I guess saying "Yes" would have been loads easier. :facepalm:

My fathers first response "I wonder how many people can say they have TWO kids attending RMC."  ;D

trampbike said:

I have been told conflicting stories on this. I was told by one recruiter that they have set it up so all successful ROTP applicants go to BMOQ before heading to their respective schools in September. I have been told by another that the majority of ROTP applicants do not go to BMOQ until the summer following their first subsidized year of education. When I spoke with the recruiter today, they told me that right now they are just processing the list of applicants to see who will be accepted, and I should hear back from them with more information within a few weeks.

So basically, no one appears to know for sure, or they are keeping their cards so close to their chest that we can't even be sure they are cards at all. At least now the most important bit of information is being sent out, the rest is just details. And I have no problem waiting for details.

trampbike said:

You attend a two week Recruit Camp the August before school starts. After your first year of school you will do BMOQ.

If the recent history holds true, successful applicants will attend a ~2-3 week Recruit Camp this August and then attend BMOQ the following summer.

I have just been accepted into RMC as a Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer via CFC New Westminster, BC. I went into shock, and almost couldn't form a coherent sentence to accept!

Anyone know how my offer would work (If I was to get accepted). My application is a CT and the recruiter I was dealing with told me I wouldn't hear from him. Anyone remember from past years what happened?

If I'm not mistaken you will receive a letter from the Director of Military Careers (DMILC7).

Hey guys, I went into my CFRC in Toronto and found out I have been accepted for my second choice being "Naval Combat Systems Engineer". They still have to call me to confirm it though, so don't be alarmed if some of you haven't received news just yet.

JRBond said:
If I'm not mistaken you will receive a letter from the Director of Military Careers (DMILC7).

A letter? Thats brutal. I thought even the CF was beyond that. Ah well, thank you kindly for the heads up.

Back