• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

It should be this week. :)
I got a text message from a friend at RMC that says a few of the careers are already closed. Clearly, this is not official news. However, this gives me hope that this week should be the week for phone calls to start happening.

*Keeps Cell Phone in pocket from this point on.*

Until you get the official notice from the recruiting office, It can be now till basically forever. I knew some guys who received their offer in the Middle of July.. (Something with the Selection Board going through 3 layers of chose or something along those lines). Try to take a breath and do not get so worked up about it.. The call will come.
Congratulations if you receive it early however, I think you can be put on the 4 week training school that they have in August for ROTP- Civi U students.

Its 4 weeks now?

So do they get BMOQ cut down now? Because I remember hearing that it was being discussed among the higher ups, while those of us who where the guinea pigs for the first Civi-U training camp where going through it.

OneMissionataTime said:
Congratulations if you receive it early however, I think you can be put on the 4 week training school that they have in August for ROTP- Civi U students.

This is actually something I was wondering about. I would like to see what I can get started on between (fingers crossed) acceptance and School starting in September. Is this what you are referring too?

Like I said before, you 99% cannot be loading onto BMOQ even if you are accepted tomorrow because of the backlog of course loading for the ROTP, RMC, CMR guys and gals from last year. However, I heard they were starting something out of Kingston for ROTP students since RMC and CMR students all year around are exposed to the "military life". I think it is called Recruit Camp or something along those lines. No I don't think they cut down BMOQ either, I heard from guys last year on BMOQ that they still had too do the full 16 Weeks despite being on the 4 Week course.

Modify* Sorry, Ceebee. Didn't read your post properly. I was *WTFing* when I heard it could of cut weeks of BMOQ if you were to do that course but I don't actually know. I know some O.Cdts on BMOQ this summer and they went to recruit camp for 3 weeks and they are doing the full 16 weeks still.

Just to clarify, recruit camp was approx. 2.5 weeks of training for ROTP students in the first summer after enrollment. It serve as an introduction to the military and currently does not apply towards BMOQ at all. BMOQ currently remains to be 15 weeks long for ROTP students, and the first few weeks will be as if you are a fresh recruit being introduced to the military, with students having the "advantage" of being exposed to basic drill and military teachings prior to attendance.

Recruit camp happens at CMR and I believe RMC.  It's a simple introduction to the military that Civy U students go through, it has nothing to do with BMOQ but gives you a little edge over any DEO in your platoon.  RMC/CMR students have a shortened BMOQ because of the military activities we go through during the school year.  At CMR the Civy U recruit camp starts 2 weeks after ours, and ends earlier.  It sounds nice, but you have to cram the same amount of powerpoints and drill practices in a shorter time frame. 

macknightcr said:
Recruit camp happens at CMR and I believe RMC.  It's a simple introduction to the military that Civy U students go through, it has nothing to do with BMOQ but gives you a little edge over any DEO in your platoon.  RMC/CMR students have a shortened BMOQ because of the military activities we go through during the school year.  At CMR the Civy U recruit camp starts 2 weeks after ours, and ends earlier.  It sounds nice, but you have to cram the same amount of powerpoints and drill practices in a shorter time frame.

I agree, the shortened BMOQ (BOTC for me) was great in some respects; longer summer break and you already knew your platoon for a year. However, the downside was how crammed in everything was. I'm pretty sure my BOTC was only seven weeks long, very short. Still loved it and my long summer break :)

How long from when we get our offer to when we sign contracts and start getting paid?

I believe you start getting paid in September though I am not sure when the contract is signed in relation to accepting the offer.

Clancey01 said:
How long from when we get our offer to when we sign contracts and start getting paid?

From what I have gathered, your contract signing can be as soon as in the same month as acceptance to as late as July/August depending on your particular details and needs.

As far as pay/benefits go, not until you are doing something with the Forces. Simply being accepted doesn't justify a paycheque. Most will be on a type of Unpaid leave until the School year begins.

KY-WPG said:
As far as pay/benefits go, not until you are doing something with the Forces. Simply being accepted doesn't justify a paycheque. Most will be on a type of Unpaid leave until the School year begins.

Any idea how that works for CT's because I'm supposed to be on course all summer with the reserves but if I get accepted I will miss out on that work.

Clancey01 said:
Any idea how that works for CT's because I'm supposed to be on course all summer with the reserves but if I get accepted I will miss out on that work.

I am not to sure on that one, I am pretty green to the Forces overall. There was someone else posting in this thread that I believe was in a similar situation. Maybe look through the last couple pages to see what you can find.

I'm feeling it will be Wednesday.

But this week is killing me! Regardless of the answer I just want to know.lol

You get paid probably in august, when you fill out all your paperwork prior to leaving for recruit camp.
You probably swear in long before that and go on leave without pay until you actually start doing something for the military, thus earning your pay.

macknightcr said:

Recruit camp will probably not be at CMR this year but rather next door at the Mega, at least that is the tenative plan subject to change of course.    They have extra capacity right now as they are not running as many courses as they have in the past.

macknightcr said:
At CMR the Civy U recruit camp starts 2 weeks after ours, and ends earlier.  It sounds nice, but you have to cram the same amount of powerpoints and drill practices in a shorter time frame.

They do less classes and drill practices in their short two weeks, then the stay at CMR dudes do.  They also do not have the testing and other requirements that the CMR folks do as well (second language and other school testing etc etc).

Clancey01 said:

It depends, if you don't get the offer then it will be infinately longer before you sign contracts and get paid.  Now let us reflect on the last 20pages of this thread. The one constant is that no one knows the answer and that some people may not even hear if they are accepted until summer. Some people were only given offers in august. With that in mind I think you could see that IF you are accepted you will be notified, sign the contract, and begin being paid, between tomorrow morning when the recruiting centres open to say August 31st.    In general though the bulk of the people sign contracts June-July and begin pay when they meet their ULO's pre-Introduction course in August.

Back