• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Clancey01 said:
Any idea how that works for CT's because I'm supposed to be on course all summer with the reserves but if I get accepted I will miss out on that work.

They'll probably say you're SOL but call the recruiting office or ask around at your unit they will have a good idea.

Rogo said:
It depends, if you don't get the offer then it will be infinately longer before you sign contracts and get paid.  Now let us reflect on the last 20pages of this thread. The one constant is that no one knows the answer and that some people may not even hear if they are accepted until summer. Some people were only given offers in august. With that in mind I think you could see that IF you are accepted you will be notified, sign the contract, and begin being paid, between tomorrow morning when the recruiting centres open to say August 31st.    In general though the bulk of the people sign contracts June-July and begin pay when they meet their ULO's pre-Introduction course in August.

1) The way it works people is simple. There are three rounds of selection. First selection has already commenced and the people chosen from that pool will be contacted shortly.

2) The second round fills in the spots that the first round picks decline. Furthermore, there is also the possibility your recruiter will contact you and say "this trade is full, but these are open. Would you like to apply for this?". If you say yes, your application will move to a new pool(Will also stay in your original selection). While the second round selection board is sitting, they will look at all the applications for the vacancy and pick the most competitive applicants.

3) 3rd round repeats step 2 and the duration for this can go from now until September. If you are next on the merit list and someone refuses their offer or something happens within the next few months that deems the candidate unsuitable, pack your bags.

You should, and I say should, hear the outcome for all three rounds. If you do not, contact your recruiter.

I am itching to read, hear, and talk about anything ROTP. Anyone opposed to starting somewhat of a role call for their application? Every time I see a new post in this thread I get excited.

I'm thinking something like listing the following:

1st Occupation Choice
1st Institution Choice
Degree Program
Years with the forces

I'll start.

Aerospace Engineering Officer
Carleton University - Ottawa
Bachelor of Engineering - Aerospace
0 years experience

Construction Engineer Officer/Combat Engineer Officer
RMC (It was MUN but they don't accept engineering students from here because of the weird coop program)
Mechanical Engineering (1 year completed)
2.5 Years in with the little R.

Nursing Officer
Dalhousie University
Finishing a BSc Con Bio, BScN
1 Year Experience at 36 Svc Bn

RMC-Kingston
Space Science/Astrophysics
0 years experience

Korr12 said:
RMC-Kingston
Space Science/Astrophysics
0 years experience

Astrophysics, that is exciting! I spend quite some time going back and forth from that field to Engineering when trying to decide what I was going to pursue.

Air Combat Systems Officer(1st Choice), Logistics Officer(Air)(2nd Choice), Aerospace Control Officer(3rd Choice)
RMC - Kingston(First Choice)
Economics
0 Years(Not Accepted yet)

Infantry Officer
Armour Officer
MARS
Ryerson University
History, minor in International Relations
2 Years Cadets

Nursing Officer
Already attending University of New Brunswick
Bachelor of Nursing (year 2)
One year in the reserves as a CIC Officer

KY-WPG said:
Astrophysics, that is exciting! I spend quite some time going back and forth from that field to Engineering when trying to decide what I was going to pursue.

I've done a course in college already, and did some self teaching as well. It's super interesting (opinion of course), and I'm hoping that it will be an acceptable degree at RMC with AerE as my first choice.

Only thing to do is wait! Hopefully we'll all hear back soon.

Armour Officer
Artillery Officer
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Business Administration
Two years in the reserves

Infantry Officer
Royal Military College - St-Jean Campus
Social Sciences (History)
No experience with the Forces, but 6 years in the Air Cadet program

Hey all,

If you take a look at this thread

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

you will find that people have already been posting this 'roll call' for quite a while now. It is interesting to look through and see the different timings for individual application experiences.

Air combat systems officer
University of the fraser valley
Business Administration
0 experience

VeryMerry said:
Hey all,

If you take a look at this thread

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

you will find that people have already been posting this 'roll call' for quite a while now. It is interesting to look through and see the different timings for individual application experiences.

I see in this thread that some people were offered positions throughout March and as recent as yesterday and have their swear in dates. Do these people in general differ in any way from the process we are in or are they receiving the same type of offer I am waiting for (of course different occupations)?

The linked thread has posts from people applying for both Officer and NCM occupations. I haven't seen any ROTP applicants say they have been accepted (though there has been a DEO or two.)

Pilot
RMC, but if I am given a Civi U offer instead, it will be U of T or Carleton
Aerospace Engineering
No previous CF experience

Is it just me or does it seem like there are lots of ACSO applicants this year?

Seems like no one heard anything today. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a good feeling about tomorrow!

Back