• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Super Thread

Maybe we can use it to reward the worst soldiers. Give it to the most incompetent, lazy people in every trade CF wide.

If I were king...

oh look...that guy has a Golden Jubilee.....

dogger1936 said:
I'd like to see 5 years svc and two tours to Afghanistan. That'll cancel out all the CD 125 cancers out there.

So if I wear the Canada 125 and haven't been to Afganistan what does that make me?

:pop:                        [just watchin' the show now  ;D  ]

My cousin is on his 5th tour to Afghanistan.....how many QDJM does he get ?

Next I suggest we give the medal to all Navy personnel who have gold anchors were in Haiti in a summer month and all air force personnel who have flown 50km in one day (that way we can get the glider pilots in too).  All army per's who have been charged in the past fiscal year for something that was rather outstanding.

See how silly that is?

Red the other two posts the same way.

It's a piece of ribbon that denotes you were alive and serving during the Queens Reign. If you don't get the medal I'm certain you will remember being alive during this period of time and life will go on.

Now I'm off to start a facebook group using all my accomplishments to try and define what criteria the medal should have. ;D

dogger1936 said:

I really don't know what your military experience since you didn't post it but from the tone of your posts here it must have been extensive and i'm sure you deserve it. Despite your personal feelings about what honors and awards people have been awarded please don't don't infer that their service is anything less than yours.
Perhaps I can get your name so I can nominate you for your time at the cadet detachment?

Chief Stoker said:
So if I wear the Canada 125 and haven't been to Afganistan what does that make me?

Just as dedicated and committed to your country as every other CF member who volunteered for service - despite the asshats in our midst who are so haughty to believe otherwise.

Chief Stoker said:
I really don't know what your military experience since you didn't post it but from the tone of your posts here it must have been extensive and i'm sure you deserve it. Despite your personal feelings about what honors and awards people have been awarded please don't don't infer that their service is anything less than yours.
Perhaps I can get your name so I can nominate you for your time at the cadet detachment?

Maybe we can just exchange names and be pen pals. Hang out and become BFF's.

I don't feel the need to post my MPRR on my profile and don't really care that much about medals. Mine will sit in a box somewhere soon so the kids can have them to use in a collage for art projects or make earrings or whatever they want.

You seem like the type of guy worried about medals.  I don't require/want anymore than I have.

I don't require any for the cadet detachment work thanks in between surgeries I have not been at 100% and not deserving of recognition. However thank you for the veiled talk. Love it. Makes me laugh a little at the sadness of it.

Apparently you have not noticed my posts were in jest.  Maybe I didnt spell it out earlier when I wrote that. Thus I'll write it here again.

Nice MPRR Stoker

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume sloppy reporting on the 'five years' thing. They're probably reading the Brit criteria and mistakenly assuming it applies to us.

dogger1936 said:
Maybe we can just exchange names and be pen pals. Hang out and become BFF's.

I don't feel the need to post my MPRR on my profile and don't really care that much about medals. Mine will sit in a box somewhere soon so the kids can have them to use in a collage for art projects or make earrings or whatever they want.

For a guy who doesn't care about medals you certainly talk about them enough and proud of them that you want them in a box

You seem like the type of guy worried about medals.  I don't require/want anymore than I have.

Not really, I have what I have

I don't require any for the cadet detachment work thanks in between surgeries I have not been at 100% and not deserving of recognition. However thank you for the veiled talk. Love it. Makes me laugh a little at the sadness of it.

I really hope you are fit soon.

Apparently you have not noticed my posts were in jest.  Maybe I didn't spell it out earlier when I wrote that. Thus I'll write it here again.

Nice MPRR Stoker

Sometimes its hard to see what is "jest"  and what is serious. I simply didn't like your snide remarks even they were in jest.

Anyway. Instead of arguing on the internet I'll just and give you some +1's and go see what there is to do outside on such a beautiful day

Alright kiddies. Time to put the toys away, have a juice and a nap.

Milnet.ca Staff

volition said:
According to this everyone with 5 years in for Canada too!

http://www2.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=5630638

The person who wrote this article made a mistake and assumed that the criteria for awarding it in Canada would be the same as in the UK.  British Armed Forces personnel with five years service will receive the British Diamond Jubilee Medal.  The Canadian one will be more selective (i.e. members will have to be nominated and selected based on merit).  Do the math, only 60,000 medals will be issued in Canada, if they gave one to every CF member with five years service, there wouldn't be any left over for anyone else.

Gee, a reporter failing to research something properly and speaking out of his/her a$$?  Will wonders never cease?

That reporter also got the date wrong for the Queen's ascension to the throne by 2 years...lol

Pusser said:
Gee, a reporter failing to research something properly and speaking out of his/her a$$?  Will wonders never cease?

you dare besmirch our esteem reporters who work 30 hours a day 10 days a week to ensure we are well informed?  I would take you to task but I have to celebrate - a reporter has just announced that Elvis has been found alive and well living at the North Pole.  He was found during a SAR for a sled pulled by reindeer shot down by our glorious pilots when the rider failed to respond to radio calls in the wee hours of the 25 Dec.  :salute:

I am very disappointed with other service personal putting down those who have not serviced overseas.  We have all signed on the dotted line, willing to give our lives for our country.  Unfortunately, not everyone is required to go over.  Just because in my 20 year career, I have not completed a tour, doesn't mean I haven't helped to serve my country.  Who do you think has completed the paperwork for you to go over, seen to your pay, rations, stores, family issues at home.  Please stop degrading those of us who have not been fortunate to go over.  :rage:

orca73 said:
I am very disappointed with other service personal putting down those who have not serviced overseas.  We have all signed on the dotted line, willing to give our lives for our country.  Unfortunately, not everyone is required to go over.  Just because in my 20 year career, I have not completed a tour, doesn't mean I haven't helped to serve my country.  Who do you think has completed the paperwork for you to go over, seen to your pay, rations, stores, family issues at home.  Please stop degrading those of us who have not been fortunate to go over.  :rage:

That point has been established, and validated, in a number of threads already, including this one. Don't worry about tour snobs.

Back to our regularly, scheduled programming.

Milnet.ca Staff

Back