• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Super Thread

Jim Seggie said:
Wait for the 1914 pin you'll have to wear in all orders of dress. You'll need at least six per person.

I forgot to mention the Vimy Ridge pin..... :'(

What no Second Ypres Pin (1915)
No Battle of the Somme Pin (1916)
No 100 Days Pin (1918)

:worms:

Jim Seggie said:
Wait for the 1914 pin you'll have to wear in all orders of dress. You'll need at least six per person.
Does it get worn above, below, to the left or right of the 1812 pin?

My DEU jacket is going to start to look like the windbreaker I wear for Shriners events.  lol

Schindler's lift said:
My DEU jacket is going to start to look like the windbreaker I wear for Shriners events.  lol

See above, this is all part of Disneyland on the Rideau's master plan to make your transit from military to civilian employment easier.  8)

Schindler's lift said:

The 1812 pin only has to be worn for 3 years.  I am dreading the time, when we decide to commemorate the "100 Years War".

DAA said:
.  I am dreading the time, when we decide to commemorate the "100 Years War".

Especially when the bun fight about what units can claim to be awarded the Battle Honours.  ::)

Danjanou said:
What no Second Ypres Pin (1915)
No Battle of the Somme Pin (1916)
No 100 Days Pin (1918)

:worms:
Hey hey now, what about Jutland? 

Gallipoli?  Passchendaele?

Danjanou said:
Good training for that post army career as a Walmart greeter and/or RCL member.

walmart+pins.jpg

$T2eC16RHJF0FFZgGZIcKBSGqjcko1w~~60_35.JPG

There was a Walmart greeter in Saint John last weekend wearing ribbons, CD and Cyprus, No CPSM oddly enough.

Lightguns said:
There was a Walmart greeter in Saint John last weekend wearing ribbons, CD and Cyprus, No CPSM oddly enough.

That's actually quite common among some of the older RCL types I've come across. They probably retired long before the CPSM came out and many had/have no idea they're entitled to it.

Danjanou said:
That's actually quite common among some of the older RCL types I've come across. They probably retired long before the CPSM came out and many had/have no idea they're entitled to it.

There have been a couple of old Vets I've run into who knew they could get it but couldn't afford to get the mounts updated.  I've had them order it and through some connections I've got I managed to get them mounted "for free" (as far as the Vets knew).  Warms my heart to see them wearing their medals so proudly.   

Schindler's lift said:
There have been a couple of old Vets I've run into who knew they could get it but couldn't afford to get the mounts updated.  I've had them order it and through some connections I've got I managed to get them mounted "for free" (as far as the Vets knew).  Warms my heart to see them wearing their medals so proudly. 

Same here, even went to try and get Poppy funds to pay for the cleaning, court mounting etc for some of the older guys on fixed incomes. Apparently this is not an appropriate usage of Poppy funds, and I know I could get a local guy who mounts medals to do it for cost to.

There is public funding available:

CANFORGEN 087/04 ADMHRMIL 043 211947Z JUN 04
COURT MOUNTING OF MEDALS AT PUBLIC EXPENSE FOR RETIRED MEMBERS
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS. : A. CANFORGEN 122/00 ADM HR MIL 072 251300Z OCT 00
B. CANFORGEN 127/00 ADM (MAT) 008 031505Z NOV 00
C. NDCDC MEETING MINUTES 7 NOV 2003

REF A ADVISED THE NEW POLICY ON COURT MOUNTING OF MEDALS AT PUBLIC EXPENSE. REF B PROVIDED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO SUBJECT POLICY. THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO PROVIDE A UPDATE TO THE POLICY

DUE TO VARIOUS REASONS, CANADIAN FORCES MEDALS OR DECORATIONS THAT ARE NORMALLY RECEIVED WHILE THE MEMBERS ARE SERVING, ARE OFTEN RECEIVED AFTER THE MEMBERS ARE RETIRED

THEREFORE THE NATIONAL DEFENCE CLOTHING AND DRESS COMMITTEE (NDCDC) AT REF C, HAS UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED THAT RETIRED MEMBERS OF THE CF WHO HAVE BEEN AWARDED MEDALS OR DECORATIONS WHILE SERVING , BUT WERE RECEIVED AFTER RETIREMENT CAN HAVE THEIR MEDALS/DECORATIONS COURT MOUNTED AT PUBLIC EXPENSE EFFECTIVE 29 SEPT 00 IAW REF B

FOR RETIRED MEMBERS THAT HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THE COURT MOUNTING OF THEIR MEDALS/DECORATIONS, PROOF (RECEIPT) WILL BE REQUIRE FOR REIMBURSEMENT. ALL OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR COURT MOUNTING OF MEDALS/DECORATIONS AT PUBLIC EXPENSE ALREADY IN PLACE REMAIN UNCHANGED

THIS IS A COORDINATED ADM(MAT)/ADM (HR) MIL MESSAGE

Excellent thanks, I think I can use this for some individuals. Owe you a beer or six next time I'm up your way

Danjanou said:
Same here, even went to try and get Poppy funds to pay for the cleaning, court mounting etc for some of the older guys on fixed incomes. Apparently this is not an appropriate usage of Poppy funds, and I know I could get a local guy who mounts medals to do it for cost to.

If you have a few specific cases in mind, I would be honoured to pay for the court mounting.

dapaterson said:
There is public funding available:

CANFORGEN 087/04 ADMHRMIL 043 211947Z JUN 04
COURT MOUNTING OF MEDALS AT PUBLIC EXPENSE FOR RETIRED MEMBERS
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS. : A. CANFORGEN 122/00 ADM HR MIL 072 251300Z OCT 00
B. CANFORGEN 127/00 ADM (MAT) 008 031505Z NOV 00
C. NDCDC MEETING MINUTES 7 NOV 2003

REF A ADVISED THE NEW POLICY ON COURT MOUNTING OF MEDALS AT PUBLIC EXPENSE. REF B PROVIDED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO SUBJECT POLICY. THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO PROVIDE A UPDATE TO THE POLICY

DUE TO VARIOUS REASONS, CANADIAN FORCES MEDALS OR DECORATIONS THAT ARE NORMALLY RECEIVED WHILE THE MEMBERS ARE SERVING, ARE OFTEN RECEIVED AFTER THE MEMBERS ARE RETIRED

THEREFORE THE NATIONAL DEFENCE CLOTHING AND DRESS COMMITTEE (NDCDC) AT REF C, HAS UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED THAT RETIRED MEMBERS OF THE CF WHO HAVE BEEN AWARDED MEDALS OR DECORATIONS WHILE SERVING , BUT WERE RECEIVED AFTER RETIREMENT CAN HAVE THEIR MEDALS/DECORATIONS COURT MOUNTED AT PUBLIC EXPENSE EFFECTIVE 29 SEPT 00 IAW REF B

FOR RETIRED MEMBERS THAT HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THE COURT MOUNTING OF THEIR MEDALS/DECORATIONS, PROOF (RECEIPT) WILL BE REQUIRE FOR REIMBURSEMENT. ALL OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR COURT MOUNTING OF MEDALS/DECORATIONS AT PUBLIC EXPENSE ALREADY IN PLACE REMAIN UNCHANGED

THIS IS A COORDINATED ADM(MAT)/ADM (HR) MIL MESSAGE

Thanks.  I'm aware of this and I know the local Legion is as well but the problem is that many of these old Vets are just not in a place where they could work the process or even know where to begin.  In my mind, and at my point in life, I can afford to take care of things for the times when I do find a Vet in need of an "sprucing up".  The look of pride in their eyes is more then thanks enough.

Back