• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queen's Diamond Jubilee Super Thread

So, the Biebs is defending his outfit, saying that he was at a meet and greet just prior and couldn't be expected to change right after (Really?  I've seen some pretty quick costume changes during concerts.  In fact, he's probably done more than a few himself).  He also defended the outfit by saying that the presentation was done at a hockey rink, not in the PMs place (of work I assume?) or anything.

Seriously, this kid needs to stop posting on Twitter and to news feeds and start thinking a bit more.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Is not out stealing cars, peddling drugs or singing songs about killing cops.....................

Exactly !! I am not a fan of Bieber, and do not agree with his choice of clothes for the award (of the QDJM) however, he is not in the Military and I don't know if there was a dress code for the ceremony he attended.

That said, he is doing good in his community, unlike a lot of kids his age, and he is being recognized for it. Good for him.

Maybe they should have had justin sing at the grey cup..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgR9d-crm8g

ObedientiaZelum said:
Maybe they should have had justin sing at the grey cup..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgR9d-crm8g

He did, at half time... it was almost as bad as Burton.

Bruce, and Jungle actually nailed it for me.  I never thought of it that way, but the kid is doing alot what we wish our youth were doing, so he does deserves kudos for that.

Now my question is this, since PSY just beat Bieber for the most liked youtube video, will he get one?

http://youtu.be/9bZkp7q19f0

>:D

dileas

tess

Then his fate is sealed! 

We had a bunch more awards handed out today. The people who got them as far as I could tell were all quite deserving of the 'based on merit' condition.

The latest on Bieber's dress - from the PM ....
In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearing my overalls too. #cdnpoli #beliebers

.... and from Bieber himself:
The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where i was performing at that day. I walked straight from my meet and greet to him, if you "Hayley"* expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan a suit at that specific time that's crazy, It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena. Wow am i ever white trash hayley peterson lol
May be a great performer to those who like him, but still needs spell- and grammar-check, even for short pieces of writing  :(

* - Hayley Peterson wrote this critique

The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where i was performing at that day. I walked straight from my meet and greet to him, if you "Hayley"* expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan a suit at that specific time that's crazy, It wasn't like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena. Wow am i ever white trash hayley peterson lol

It's not like someone just walked up to him and said "Hey JB, the PM just showed up in the hallway and wants to give you something"

I'm sure his handlers knew well in advance and could have put the appropriate measures in place. Either that, or he just doesn't give a rat's ass.

May be he's been reading this thread ;)

Crantor said:
I can't believe (Belieb) we are wasting bandwith on this.

Good point. I'm just burned that Celina Gomez wasn't there too and a victim of 'costume failure'.  ;D

I'll be the first to say this,

I propose instead of labeling someone who's dress out of regs as: "a bag of s*#T " or "bag of hammers", Why not say: Who do you think you are; Justin Bieber!
I actually did this to one of my troopers this morning. Hilarious!!!  ;D ;D ;D  I couldn't keep a straight face for the rest of the inspection!

psionic0 said:
I'll be the first to say this,

I propose instead of labeling someone who's dress out of regs as: "a bag of s*#T " or "bag of hammers", Why not say: Who do you think you are; Justin Bieber!
I actually did this to one of my troopers this morning. Hilarious!!!  ;D ;D ;D  I couldn't keep a straight face for the rest of the inspection!

That's just mean. Watch out that your troop doesn't try and slap you with a human rights violation. ;D

cupper said:
That's just mean. Watch out that your troop doesn't try and slap you with a human rights violation. ;D

Naah it's good. I completed a mandatory 1/2 day Human Rights/Harrasment in the Workplace referesher training yesterday and "Beiber" does not fall into any of the 14 prohibited code areas. 8)

Danjanou said:
Naah it's good. I completed a mandatory 1/2 day Human Rights/Harrasment in the Workplace referesher training yesterday and "Beiber" does not fall into any of the 14 prohibited code areas. 8)

As long as it was only directed towards his dress and deportment, I guess that is OK. ;)

E.R. Campbell said:
3. Broadly and generally, with a few notable exceptions, service to a cause, to a community, to the country, even to humanity at large, is being recognized.

I am quoting this one as a lonely RegF guy I just received a copy of a list of a number of QDJM presented to my old militia unit. 

I for one am glad to see, and as much as they complain, that someone at some rank level recognized those individuals who have made personal sacrifice that has bettered their units (and their community).

Everyone likes to be told they have done a good job, read a glowing PER or gotten that politically incorrect 'pat-on-the-rear'

Well done to all who have been recognized.

little jim said:
Everyone likes to be told they have done a good job, read a glowing PER or gotten that politically incorrect 'pat-on-the-rear'

:goodpost:

Yes it's not a VC, but for some poor troopie it is a tangible sign that yes they've done a good job and someone knows that and something that they may find a degree of pride in.

This is the best!!

The SGT. that works in the office with me, just told all of us he had been Biebered.  When we asked what that meant, he said he has received a letter stating he is going to get the Jubilee Medal, and that now people are saying that you are "Biebered" if you have one!!!!!!

:rofl:

the 48th regulator said:
This is the best!!

The SGT. that works in the office with me, just told all of us he had been Biebered.  When we asked what that meant, he said he has received a letter stating he is going to get the Jubilee Medal, and that now people are saying that you are "Biebered" if you have one!!!!!!

:rofl:

Yup that's "F"n hilarious  ::)

:sarcasm:

Back