• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

POST YOUR FAVORITE RIFLE HERE

• Thread starter SoldierBoi69
  • Start date
S

SoldierBoi69

Hi I'm Matt and my favorite rifle is the mauser kar98 type kolb niemieckich, it is 8mm, a german rifle. This type was made in 1942 and widly distributed in 1944, most were made in berlin factories but some were also made in hungarian factories.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/soldierboi69/meandthemauserKar98.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/soldierboi69/mauserkar98typekolbniemieckich.jpg

I'm a big fan of the FN FAL series of weapons, looks wicked, 7.62, and just generally my weapon of choice. too bad they are banned in Canada.

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/img/acb12.jpg
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/img/acb11.jpg

Pics are from www.militarymorons.com, good site with lots of reviews, truly a kitslut haven.

M1 Garand

- Invented / designed by Canadian John Cornelius Garand
- Fires .30-06 (originally designed for an intermed. .276 caliber)
- comes with an awesome bayonet system (no frog, just scabbard that the bayonet locks into with the same hardware for locking on the rifle)
- the only parts of the rifle I need to clean are the barrel, op rod, gas port assembly and brass flakes out of the trigger mech
- can strip the entire rifle with one tool (in my case, I am using a set of nail clippers 'til I get the combo tool
- one of the only center-fire semi-autos that can legally hold more than 5 rounds in Canada (except for hunting)
- I managed to pick off a basketball at 200 yds with just 3 shots out of this rifle; for me, this is amazing considering I have a difficult time shooting well with the C7 (but it's slowly getting better)

Mine is has a receiver made in March of '44; my M1905 10" Bayonet is one of the US surplus ones recycled by the Danish. I posted pics of it here... http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/34628.0.html

MODS - this should probably be moved to weapons/ammo; as for this topic, I searched under "favourite rifle" but the only relevant thread I saw was "The C7, M16, AR15 family" thread. Don't know if it should be locked or not.

Stonner only every seen one but it looked promising. baring that an AK-47 with a folding stock makes a nice all round  general purpose rifle.

The Austeyr Carbine! 1.5x sight, fits easily into the sponson of a vehicle, dead easy to clean and very easy to strip, easily hits targets out to at least 600m from the prone supported and has a little setting on the trigger for fully auto or single shot. Its the very picture of conveniance and is the perfect basic soldiers weapon...at least, thats wat i think, but then i'm pretty biased!

"I'm a big fan of the FN FAL series of weapons, looks wicked, 7.62, and just generally my weapon of choice. too bad they are banned in Canada."

- Banned they ain't:  I just legally sold one of my 8L series FN C1A1 s.  You merely need to be grandfathered Prohibited 12(5) OIC # 13.  Look it up.

Tom

TCBF said:
"I'm a big fan of the FN FAL series of weapons, looks wicked, 7.62, and just generally my weapon of choice. too bad they are banned in Canada."

- Banned they ain't:  I just legally sold one of my 8L series FN C1A1 s.  You merely need to be grandfathered Prohibited 12(5) OIC # 13.  Look it up.

Tom

I knew about the prohibited licence, which unfortunatly I dont have, therefore, its banned to me. how would one go about getting a prohited licence?

FourNinerZero said:
I knew about the prohibited licence, which unfortunately I don't have, therefore, its banned to me. how would one go about getting a prohibited licence?

You cannot get a Prohibited endorsement on your PAL. If you didn't own a Prohibited 12(X) firearm at the time of the Prohibition Order, too bad.

Craig

Craig B said:
You cannot get a Prohibited endorsement on your PAL. If you didn't own a Prohibited 12(X) firearm at the time of the Prohibition Order, too bad.

Craig

I thought that was the case. How unfortunate for me. :crybaby:

Ahhhh, the good old Canadian 1918 Ross rifle. it throws out a 303 round with almost no recoil. maybe it is because the  rifle is so darn heavy! The bolt action is unique as the bolt has a threaded end that fits into the 'female end' inside the chamber which allows a straight pull-push loading action. But, the rifle was prone to clogging with dirt and mud in the trenches.  :warstory:

::) lee enfeild 303 mark 3 sniper  ;D
peice of cake

22. LR Cooey single-shot, bolt action.
Learned to shoot with it, and still take it out whenever I go home.

paracowboy said:
22. LR Cooey single-shot, bolt action.
Learned to shoot with it, and still take it out whenever I go home.

I think that every farm kid in Canada learned to shoot with a Cooey .22 - I know that I did.  I also still have mine, and my boys have learned to shoot with it before ever using anything with optics or holding more than one shot... :cheers:

blake

I have a pair of 98's that I love...

The top one is a FN M98 Mauser action, with a .308" Krieger 26" match barrel, McMillan Stock, Timiney Trigger group, Tactical bolt handle, Harris Bi-Pod, Leopold Vari- IIIX 4.5-14x40mm with a 80mm sunshade 1/2 moa with match ammo.

The Bottom one is a K98 Mauser chambered in .308" with a 3-9x30mm Pronhorn scope.  The Bolts are interchangeable and the headspace is good with either bolt on both.

Both are excellent shooters.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid110/pe18027aa87f812deb24981a211a98a43/f91ec1b4.jpg

22 Hornet accurate and has suffcient power for varmit hunting as I roar around the countryside each day in my trusty old jeep.

Regards OLD F of S

"22 Hornet accurate and has sufficient power for varmint hunting as I roar around the countryside each day in my trusty old jeep."

- A greatly underappreciated cartridge.

mudgunner49 said:
I think that every farm kid in Canada learned to shoot with a Cooey .22 - I know that I did.  I also still have mine, and my boys have learned to shoot with it before ever using anything with optics or holding more than one shot... :cheers:

blake

Grew up on the side of a mountain in BC, and still have mine too.  I use "stinger" ammo in it, and it will make coyote do a double back flip at 200....

Before I got out of shooting sports entirely, I used to own a Czech-made VZ52 rifle. It was unusual because it had a folding bayonet
which would swing out sideways from a hollow machined in the right side of the forestock. Initial versions were chambered in 7.62 x 45, an oddball round the Czechs developed in an attempt to avoid following the Soviet lead too closely. Subsequent pressure from the Russkies forced changeover to the then-standard Warsaw Pact 7.62 x 39 round. The VZ52 was interesting because it had a tilting breechblock not unlike the FN FAL, and was gas operated, with a ten-round magazine. Most interesting of all was how closely the rifle was patterned after the Gewehr 43 rifle issued to Nazi snipers in 1943. The fact that the Czechs patterned the VZ-52 after the Gew 43 is not surprising, since many examples of the Gew 43 saw service in the Czech army after WWII.

Perhaps oddest of all, the VZ52 ejects spent cartridge casings to the shooter's left, instead of the more common rightwards direction.

The VZ52 was my favourite because not only was it an oddity, but it was a relic of an interesting transitional period in history. The example I owned was an arsenal refurbishment rechambered for 7.62 x 39, designated VZ-52/57, since 1957 was the year the rechambering was done. It was reliable, overbuilt (very heavy for a carbine-type rifle) in the Czech fashion, and about as accurate as a surplus ChiCom SKS with iron sights.

Back