• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Your Favorite Military Video Game

I played the F-18 on my Amiga 2,000. It was pretty cool for the time.

Still playing BF2 whenever I get a chance (ie when the kids are asleep and chores done)

The Digital-anarchy server is one I use mostly, along with NUNYA, Deadmeat and IMA

I'm pretty excited for the military shooter that comes out in January 2010 called MAG... looks beautiful, and looks fun.

I am currently playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 (BETA) on the PC.  It absolutely rocks!  I have been playing ALL the Battlefield games (online) since they first came out on the PC years ago! (I didn't get to play Bad Company 1 cause I don't have a console to play it on)

I play BF BC 2 (and all my games) in my man cave on my 61" LED DLP TV with 7.1 sound. The sounds on Bad Company 2 are the best I have ever heard!... and has the wife yelling turn it down alot!!!

The destruction is great..almost everything can be destroyed.. the ground itself gets full of big craters where explosions were... most buildings can collapse if destroyed enough...  the game maps can be very different each time you play because of the destruction...

I also played F18 on my Amiga 500/2000/1200 back in the day. I also loved Airborn Ranger on the Commodore 64!!

If I do get recruited I will miss my MAN CAVE immensely... oh and the wife and kids too!

Nazi Zombies is fun. I recently started playing Splinter Cell: Conviction, and that is pretty fun. The Modern Warfare games are good as well.

I used to play a bit of Ranbow Six Vegas... Now I play Call of Duty 6 and Socom U.S. Navy SEALs once and a while.

I might play a bit more once the new Call of Duty comes out. The story line looks pretty interesting.

a.schamb said:
I used to play a bit of Ranbow Six Vegas... Now I play Call of Duty 6 and Socom U.S. Navy SEALs once and a while.

I might play a bit more once the new Call of Duty comes out. The story line looks pretty interesting.
Oh, Vegas is another good one, however, I found that the AI could have used a bit of work. Also, perhaps they could have made it so enemies don't hear you walking from 100m away on the other side of a door.

For the longest time my favorite game was Day of Defeat:Source for an online shooter.  I was hooked on it for the longest while.

When you think about a more single player kind of deal I like the original Call of Duty games, and the Medal of Honor games.

Company of Heroes just released (well, in Beta form) a free-to-play RTS/RPG game called Company of Heroes Online. I played quickly last night, seems like its exactly what CoH was originally, but you now have a commander with which to level up and buy upgrades by completing missions and battles. Its an open Beta, and the final format is supposed to be free, with the option to buy credits for avatars and the like.

The original Call of Duty blew my mind and I still play it online to this day

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2
Call of Duty 1-5
Battlefield: Modern Combat, Bad Company 1 & 2
Conflict: Desert Storm 1 & 2

crooks.a said:
Oh, Vegas is another good one, however, I found that the AI could have used a bit of work. Also, perhaps they could have made it so enemies don't hear you walking from 100m away on the other side of a door.

I hear ya...

I also didn't like how unrealistic it was that you could see around a corner without sticking your head out.

I broke down and bought Steel Beasts Pro PE, I used to play SB1 and wow what an improvement, you have helo’s now, can alter the time of day, weather when creating a scenario. The Map and Mission editor are easy to use. This game is hard and mistakes will result in the quick death of your units. My only grip is being unable to save the game on exiting, with young kids being retasked at a moments notice is normal.

Modern Warfare 2.
Dantes Inferno.
Darksiders.

I tried to get into Bad Company too but the controls and gamplay felt too weird.

Grimaldus said:
I tried to get into Bad Company too but the controls and gamplay felt too weird.

I found that too, but after a few games you get use to it.

PS: My gamertag is Atomic Canadian if anyone wants to hit it off on Xbox LIVE.

The new Medal of Honor game looks pretty nice. I'll be waiting a bit after it and the new Call of Duty are released to figure out which one I want to get.  ;)

I've become real bored of MW2, so I've been playing some Tom Clancy's HAWX recently, the dog fighting in the game is pretty intense.

I have been playing the World of Tanks beta release online game, fun little tank game all WWII mostly German and Soviet designs, although the Stuart, Valentine and Churchill can be seen.  Hope they slow down the BT-2 in the full release. Annoying little buggers.

Back