• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

POST YOUR FAVORITE RIFLE HERE

• Thread starter SoldierBoi69
  • Start date
The Marlin 45/70 Guide Gun is my favorite....not much on this planet it won't knock down.

I know the subject heading said "rifle" but I will add my fav shotgun too:  Mossberg 590.

I would have to say my favorites are the Lee-Enfields hands down, its too hard for me to pick a No. or mark, they're all wonderful.  I like the lightness and more graceful receiver of the No. 1 Mk III, The sights of the No. 4, The handiness of the No. 5, and my No.1 Mk. I (cavalry) is a great shooter with 215 grain round noses.  I do lust after a No. 4 MkI (T) though, it would be the perfect addition to my collection. 

I still have my cooey .22, my uncle gave it to me when I passed my hunting licence course, its the ten shot repeater version and it has a bear carved into the stock.  Every fall since I've gotten it I try to decimate the local grous population with it. 

Planes

C/Pte. M. Legare said:
Hi I'm Matt and my favorite rifle is the mauser kar98 type kolb niemieckich, it is 8mm, a german rifle. This type was made in 1942 and widly distributed in 1944, most were made in berlin factories but some were also made in hungarian factories.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/soldierboi69/meandthemauserKar98.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/soldierboi69/mauserkar98typekolbniemieckich.jpg

Yes Matt, the Kar 98K ranks high in my favourite list too.

Nice rifle! I have one, made by Mauserwerke Oberndorf AG Nekar, 1941, full military, unscathed, all 100% original, all matching, and made in 1941, as was the last yr of 'cream of the crop' rifles. After 1941, the Germans started using shortcuts and simplifying the design, using more stamped steel and different cheaper materials, going for mass production, as the war was getting to be demanding on weapons as pressure from the Russians in the east, and US/Commonwealth forces was starting to be felt.

The Kar 98K was the standard rifle of the Germans throughout WW2, and many countries copied the action, and this is still encountered/copied even today. Yugo M48s, are common still, and all in the original 7.92 x 57m calibres. Original German wartime or pre-war manufactured rifles, in good nick, complete, and with matching numbers are getting rare these days.

Cheers,

Wes

:cheers: lee enfeild mk3 sniper  :cheers: 
fnci and fnc2 were also pretty sharp as they go. my 2nd choice
mauser ww1 german for long distance 3rd
anyone into pistols 9mm 38,45,black powder,,4440
or the old pellet potatoe gun curious
cheers
          scoty

Well, I have a few. I built a .58 cal mountain rifle, that'll take the eye from a gnat at 100 yds, or the life from an elephant at the same. I have a .577/ .450 Martini Enfield that loves to punch holes through 10" oak logs. Two SKS's, one Chinese and one Russian, that eat ammo like I have no budget. A unused, brand new (1955) Mosin Nagant M-44 Polish carbine, that has never seen the range, or chambered a round, but's nice to look at. Plus about 10 more.

Bottom line? I don't have a favourite. I like every gun I have, or I wouldn't have bought it. Their like children, how do you decide which is the best?

FourNinerZero said:
I'm a big fan of the FN FAL series of weapons, looks wicked, 7.62, and just generally my weapon of choice. too bad they are banned in Canada.

Why is that? Haunting rifles of that caliber are legal, and the FNC1 is a semi-auto rifle...

Black Watch said:
Why is that? Haunting rifles of that caliber are legal, and the FNC1 is a semi-auto rifle...
because they're scaaa-aary! Ooooohhhh!

Because we have a number of firearm-related laws that were compiled and passed by imbeciles who know nothing about firearms, care nothing for civil rights, and would rather tie up billions of dollars and countless hours in knee-jerk emotional responses than actually address problems in a meaningful and effective manner. All in an attempt to appear to be "doing something", instead of actually doing something, about violent, firearm-related crimes.

Or, to ensure that they have an unarmed, and therefore helpless, populace. Depends on how much you think the guv'mint may have sinister motives.

paracowboy said:
Or, to ensure that they have an unarmed, and therefore helpless, populace. Depends on how much you think the guv'mint may have sinister motives.

LoL, you wearing your tin-foil hat again, Para?

I personally fail to see any difference between an M14, an SKS, and an FNC1 when it comes to firearms laws. All three are 7.62mm semi automatic military rifles.

I would also like to add another rifle that I'm quite fond of, the Lee Enfield Mk V jungle carbine. My dad has one, and he and I both greatly enjoy shooting that rifle. Well balanced, kicks like a mule, and a good time is had whenever that rifle gets brought out to the range.

EDIT for spelling

FourNinerZero said:
I personally fail to see any difference between an M14, an SKS, and an FNC1 when it comes to firearms laws. All three are 7.62mm semi automatic military rifles.

Id also like to add another rifle that im quite fond of, the Lee Enfield Mk V jungle carbine. My dad has one, and he and I both greatly enjoy shooting that rifle. Well balanced, kicks like a mule, and a good time is had whenever that rifle gets brought out to the range.

Its all about politics mate. Owners of FN pattern rifles although semi auto, can't even take then to the range anymore to fire them. This is only the beginning too. Any CA rifle/MG also falls into this catagory.

As for the FN, first they restricted them in 1983, then they restricted the mag capacity early 1990's, and now they are controlling the owners saying you can shoot them, 2005. Next will be the entire banning and surrender without compensation of such.

Should the Liberals get back in one day, this will happen.

Cheers,

Wes

Sig_Des said:
LoL, you wearing your tin-foil hat again, Para?
no, but it is brought up amongst the more, shall we say, "cautious" personages in the gun-bunny world.

I honestly think that the morons who advocate these sort of silly rules do actually think they are accomplishing something productive, despite all the evidence to the contrary. They are simply fools. But, they're harmful fools.

The politicos who pass these laws, however, are reacting to the various lobbies, simply in an attempt to guarantee votes, and their attendant priviliges.

Seeing as others have added another favourite rifle; guess my current runner-up for most favourite would be my No.4 Mk1 *

Long Branch 1942 dated receiver
2 groove barrel that hasn't had much rounds through it
C Broad Arrow ( or C/|\ ) stamped on every major part
original wood furniture with a nice brown-crimson oak colour (no scratches or dents)
most of the bluing is still intact
#2 bolt head (also C broad arrow stamped) with nice headspace

I managed to put a hole through a padlock at 50 yds with one shot of 174gr Remington UMC (amazing feat for me anyway) and average 2" groups at 100 yds with it. Although a runner-up, it's still a favourite among my collection. ;)

If memory serves me right, the reason the FN is restricted has something to do with the ease of turning it into a full auto. However I am not a "gun tiffie", maybe one of them on this forum could confirm or deny that.

Larry Strong said:
If memory serves me right, the reason the FN is restricted has something to do with the ease of turning it into a full auto. However I am not a "gun tiffie", maybe one of them on this forum could confirm or deny that.

I would assume most semis can be turned into a full auto... if you don't know how, I'm not going to explain.

With a Pederson Device, the 03 Sringfield bolt action becomes a full auto.  They are chasing their tails with 'feel good' legislation.  But it gets them votes, so it works.

Not arguing those point's, just what I remember from my BC telling me after he "lost' (read as "taken"), a a couple of FN's, and Uzis that until  the change of the Laws were legal weapons.

Larry Strong said:

The majority of L1A1 rifles imported in qty from LAS Vancouver in the early 1980s had the carriers milled, the s/sear removed and on occasion the hammer milled so it would not engage a s/sear.

The official government reason which I recieved in writing back in 1983 was they did not want large qtys of these rifles in the hands of the general public, so restricted in 1983, and prohibited in the early 1990s, and banned from firing in 2005.

I will not discuss the conversion, but a number of parts are required, and with the above mods, a conversion cannot be done, not even with the foil or match head.

Basically it was all political, as at that point in time the AR15 w/508mm bbl was not a restricted rifle. Infact pre 1992, the CA's etc with bbl lenghts over the mininum length were free to use without hinderance.

Once upon a time I had 5 FNs and 1 Aussie L2, now just faded photos, but they all went to good homes, and are still in mint condition. I miss owning such, but thats life. Moved on to different interests.

Cheers,

Wes

As Tom said the Laws where designed by idiots - lets not waste time discussing the anti-logic that went into them.

My current favourite rifle is my US Department of State issued M4A1  ;D

Back