• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

POST YOUR FAVORITE RIFLE HERE

• Thread starter SoldierBoi69
  • Start date
S_Baker said:
Finally got a new camera, although I don't really know how to take pictures, I snapped a shot of my three all time favorite WWII rifles.  M1 garand, G-43, and K98k

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/pro_usa1776/?action=view&current=FavoriteWWII.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Hi Steve

Love the G43, is yours missing the ring around the front sight? Mine is and I am wondering if this was done for the scope, as I also have a side mounted scope mount, though I believe it's post May45.

I would like to know if old mil pattern that have been disabled are allowed for purchase in Canada, CFC doesn't provide a good answer. Also are there any post 50 replica firearm sites anyone knows of.

love my Lee enfield 303. Have never had any problems with it, shoots amazingly accurate, and not too much recoil.

Winchester Model 94 30/30

My favorite all-round workhorse. Not too heavy, short barrel, and perfect for Ontario's bush country.

Some people don't think it's powerful enough, or accurate for long range shots, but I dropped a 230lb buck at about 185yds last November..... With one shot, and no scope.

Not to mention that 30/30 ammo is pretty cheap and never hard to find.

Brockvegas said:
Winchester Model 94 30/30

My favorite all-round workhorse. Not too heavy, short barrel, and perfect for Ontario's bush country.

Some people don't think it's powerful enough, or accurate for long range shots, but I dropped a 230lb buck at about 185yds last November..... With one shot, and no scope.

Not to mention that 30/30 ammo is pretty cheap and never hard to find.

I like the model 94... the model 64 I find is even a better shot. I hate those guys who claim the .30-30 cartridge isn't powerful or accurate enough. It's ballistics are a hell of a lot better than some of the crap I've seen people hunting with.

Amen Fry.

I can't say I've ever fired the 64, but I'm glad someone else can agree with me on the power and accuracy of the .30/30. I actually prefer it over ANY of the larger calibres, due to the fact that there is less trauma to the muscle tissue, which means less bruised meat that gets cut out at the butcher.

Also, I have yet to see a .30/30 over-penetrate(with the exception of a small doe).  I party hunt, and over-penetration is a safety concern.

It's a proven cartridge, that's for sure. I'd love to have my share of the meat that was taken in back on the country over the years.

alfie said:
I would like to know if old mil pattern that have been disabled are allowed for purchase in Canada, CFC doesn't provide a good answer. Also are there any post 50 replica firearm sites anyone knows of.

Well Alfie, I believe I found your answer pertaining to deactivated weapons:

Quote from CFC Website (URL #1 below)

In order for the firearm to be considered deactivated by the Canada Firearms Centre, the firearm must first be confirmed by a gunsmith, to no longer be considered a firearm as per the definition of a "firearm" in S. 2 of the Criminal Code. (LISTED BELOW)

Criminal Code S.2 "firearm"
"firearm" means a barrelled weapon from which any shot, bullet or other projectile can be discharged and that is capable of causing serious bodily injury or death to a person, and includes any frame or receiver of such a barrelled weapon and any that can be adapted for use as a firearm;

1) http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets/deactivate_e.asp
2) http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/factsheets/default_e.asp

Hope this helps,

Eric

Colin P said:
I have to say I was always partial to the AGB 42b

An extremely fine rifle as well Colin. Was thinking of getting myself one, one of these days.

I've shot a few rifles in my time . i still like my ol' trusty C3 '06 its a Parker Hale in -06 cal thats been mated to a C-3 stock after a little fire breathing and a few rounds down range I'll always like it . that and my stand by for plinking a 10 - 22 .

:salute:

Colin P said:
I have to say I was always partial to the AGB 42b

Hey, I had one of these, a SIR Winnipeg special for under a $100, late 70s, blonde wood, matching. Made in 1943 (had a disc on the side that said 'Torped Overslag' with some kind of date scale on it), direct gas like the M16 FOW, 10 rd mag, and a wickedly wierd way to cock it. Long in length. Ran into some Hakims and Rashids in Baghdad too, yes used by the bad guys, so these old rifles are still around, and not only in our gun cabinets.

I'll try to post some pics, but they are too big, might have to go to the albums section for them.

Cheers,

Wes

The AG 42B was my first centerfire semi, bought it in 1971. That 6.5x55 round was awsome, but at first all I had to feed the rifle with was commercial Dominion ammunition. Paid $65 for the rifle and $40 for 50 rds. I found a supply of milsurp rounds not long after for about a tenth of the cost.  As Westley said, the method of  ****ing it was weird and very un-nerving until you got used to the bolt carrier slamming forward. A sweet rifle, accurate and just the thing for a 16 year old  hunting washing machines at the local dump.
My current fave (and deer rifle) is a 1982  Brno ZKK 600 in .270 with a Bausch & Lomb Elite 3000 scope.

Back