• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay FY 07/08

From what I got from todays briefing for FEA, yes.

Maybe I will ask the PO on it in the New Year, as my unit has stood down for christmas.

Most units, Reg & Res wound up their training this week.  Admin has pert much ground to a halt till Jan 7th... though I have a course scheduled for Mon & Tues of this week... then it's leave till the 7th

Well I get to work over christmas and new years with an in-house BMQ course lol

CFSME is now a field unit because it is now part of the Combat Training Centre and thus the Army.  The Army considers all it's training centres field units and therefore Field Pay.

PO2FinClk said:
In short, if something regarding a pay raise were to come out by the end of March, it would be far more a surprise then anything else. This is not to say impossible, simply very unlikely. So there really is no point in asking as the answer would only be based on rumour and speculation possibly raising empty hopes.

You lot better put a formal complaint into the Union about this!

;D

Cheers,

Wes

EDITed, could not spell union right  ::)

fraserdw said:
CFSME is now a field unit because it is now part of the Combat Training Centre and thus the Army.  The Army considers all it's training centres field units and therefore Field Pay.
I could understand certain parts of the training system (read: schools) as "field"; however, in my three years at the Infantry Armour School, I rarely went to the field and probably got a grand total of 5 weeks of field pay in that time: I was in standards, so I didn't instruct (much) at the school.  Most of the time when I instructed, I was in and out of the field, thus avoiding the requisite straight 24 hours (or whatever) to make me eligible.
Some positions are definately in the field more often than some in field units.  Were I to receive such field pay (or whatever) when it's approved (in whatever form), I honestly don't think that I would have deserved it for such a jammy position.
EDIT: I've been in a field unit now for the past 5 months and have already spent more time in the field than in the past 3 years.

For those who were not already aware, the pay raise has been actioned in CCPS and will be reflected on your Mid March 08 pay. The M/March Pay Statements are due for release on 06 Mar 08 so will be able to see exactly how much it is worth then.

CCPS Advisory - E01008
Advisory list
Date: 25 Feb 2008  Updated - 26 Feb 2008
Subject: Pay and environmental allowances increases 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ref: A. CANFORGEN 175/07 CDS 041/07 281405Z NOV 07
B. CANFORGEN 185/07 CMP 080/07 031538Z DEC 07

Pay and Environmental Allowances increases have been actioned by CCPS. This also includes adjustments to "pay-driven" benefits, (i.e. cash-out of accrued leave, periods that some members spent in moderate or high-risk areas subject to Tax Relief etc). The adjustments will be reflected on the mid March 2008 DFT.

Senior Officer's General Pay Increase will be actioned on the evening of 26 February 2008.

Hatchet Man said:
What about RPSR?
No idea, I am not involved is the Res F side of the house and there is no mention of it on the DMPAP webiste. Perhaps a CANFORGEN is forthcoming on the issue.

Hatchet Man said:
What about RPSR?
While there's nothing posted on the RPSR DIN site yet, browsing within the application shows that the new pay rates have been input.  As the actual payrun hasn't been processed yet, I suspect they are holding off on the announcement until they know it has been properly processed.

fraserdw said:
I suppose this will include CFSEME as well, as the EME branch is now considered a hard Army branch.
This would be pure *&^%. Desk flying garri-troopers whose last trip to the field was during their BFT.
IMHO there may be some confusion between the designation of "field units" and "Operational Units." Units that would form the core of a Battle Group or sub unit within that BG. Units that would normally deploy to war or domestic Ops as part of a brigade.
To my understanding this was the original meaning and intent of the proposed changes. I know some people at certain training establishments spend more time in the field than some folks on the pointy end, but that's why the daily rate is still intended to apply. Training is important, but from what I remember from the brieifngs I attended is that the new monthly allowance was meant as an incentive to keep folks in operational units so that they don't have to beg for personnel from non deploying positions.
I have heard from a source who said that some pers in Pet were briefed about this new allowance and that it'll be on the mid or end March pay.
No foolin, this was from more than one source and unit in the Pet area. I think it's bunk, but these guys are positive about it. Does Pet know something that the rest of the Army doesn't?
All in all it doesn't matter. My pay goes in electronically at 0000hrs and gets electronically dispersed to the bill people at 0001hrs on the 15th and 30th (or31st) of each month, and it's enough to keep me happy and soldiering on! :salute:
My two bits

I just want to clarify this, I went to my Clerk 2 days ago  and asked her about our Pay raise and back pay, she said mid march and showed me that i am getting half of my back pay on the 15th and the other half at the end of the month. I then Asked Her about this Full time Field pay (environmental pay) whatever its called. She said its been approved and we will be getting it sometime in 2008 and we also would be getting back pay for this till last April.
So i want to clarify if we are getting or not getting this environmental pay in march

*CDN*Blackhawk said:
I just want to clarify this, I went to my Clerk 2 days ago  and asked her about our Pay raise and back pay, she said mid march and showed me that i am getting half of my back pay on the 15th and the other half at the end of the month. I then Asked Her about this Full time Field pay (environmental pay) whatever its called. She said its been approved and we will be getting it sometime in 2008 and we also would be getting back pay for this till last April.
So i want to clarify if we are getting or not getting this environmental pay in march
First, why your "raise" back pay was split between your 2 pays I do not know, it should all be on your Mid March.

Off topic, on the issue of the Field Allowance, no official direction has been issued. All that has has been various briefs by various authorities on the subject, some more credible then others. So unless actual written direction from DMPAP is available, it remains at the rumint stage and not worth banking on. I was also briefed that it should be retro-active to 01 Apr 08, but until I see it on paper am not believing it as with many other things which had been stated that did not quite occur the same way when it fanially came about.

Mid-month pay statement is on EMAA now and I am getting all of my back pay in Mid-March.  ;D

Ya but minus all the taxes and pension amounts, so axe off 40-50%.  And, for the record, it is not a 2008 pay raise.  It is a 2007 retro pay raise, that the government gave you no interest on their 'balance-owing' on. 

Eye In The Sky said:
ya minus all the taxes.  so axe off 30-40%.

I'll still take the 60-70% ...

They'd have taken the taxes anyway in any case, that's not unusual. A few more coffees for me!  :D

Sorry I editted my post when you were quoting me  ;D.

The $ is good, I just think that this policy of withholding it for a year is for the dogs. 

Back