• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay FY 07/08

jc5778

Inactive
Reaction score
Silly question, searched but to no avail, did the increase this FY (Fiscal Year)  only cover this year?  Are we playing the waiting game again with regards to pay for 07/08?  Or was it set last year?  Seems we wait every year.

Cheers!

Round and round we go.

Every year someone asks this question and every year the same answer comes out. Nothing in the CANFORGEN mentioned a pay raise for FY 07/08. So, until you see a CANFORGEN mentioning a raise for FY 07/08, then you can assume we aren't getting one.

7 - 10 days said:
Silly question, searched but to no avail, did the increase this FY (Fiscal Year)  only cover this year?  Are we playing the waiting game again with regards to pay for 07/08?  Or was it set last year?  Seems we wait every year.

Cheers!
Last pay increase was effective 01 Apr 06, and no messages was released announcing any other raise. Am therefore not sure what you are asking for.

Me thinks someone is just assuming that we get a pay raise every year.

This thread may be his awakening to the fact that we do not!!

Whatever the case, I'm willing to lay odds that the exact same question is posed around this time next year!!!  ;D

Vern

Seeings as how I just lost placing bets on George's 10 000th post I'm not taking this one.

I will say that we will here something through official channels around the Sep/Oct timeframe.

7-10,

I know what you were getting at.  I can remember some pay raises years ago where in one message they would announce a raise of X% for FY X, and Y% for FY Y and Z% for FY Z.  That wasn't the case last year.  It was anounced for FY06/07 and that's it. 

The Librarian said:
Me thinks someone is just assuming that we get a pay raise every year.

This thread may be his awakening to the fact that we do not!!

Whatever the case, I'm willing to lay odds that the exact same question is posed around this time next year!!!  ;D

Vern

If you take a look at this table of historic pay rates, you will see that we have indeed had a pay raise every singly FY since April 96.  I agree that a pay raise is not a sure thing but I wouldn't say that 7-10's assumption was that far out in left field.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/dgcb/dppd/pay/engraph/204.30_e.asp?sidesection=3&sidecat=28&alt=N&key=CORPORAL

Yes, every pay raise was effective 01 April, and actually it goes much further back then 96, more like the 60's-70's. The issue here is when was information about a pay raise released, out of all the raises from 96 on every single one was done either retro-actively or was pre-approved via message.

In short, if something regarding a pay raise were to come out by the end of March, it would be far more a surprise then anything else. This is not to say impossible, simply very unlikely. So there really is no point in asking as the answer would only be based on rumour and speculation possibly raising empty hopes.

The Librarian said:
I'm willing to lay odds that the exact same question is posed around this time next year!!!  ;D
Is there a year where this did not happen? ;D

You will also not that in '97 and '99 we got two. If you click on the radio button for Historic rates, it will show that with the exception of FYs 93/94 to 95/96, we have had atleast one pay raise since 71.

PO2FinClk said:
Yes, every pay raise was effective 01 April, and actually it goes much further back then 96, more like the 60's-70's. The issue here is when was information about a pay raise released,

Agreed, I don't expect to hear anything soon.

PO2FinClk said:
out of all the raises from 96 on every single one was done either retro-actively or was pre-approved via message.

Which is exactly what I believe 7-10's question was.  Not that long ago we got pre-approved messages covering 3 fiscal years.  Not to put words in 7-10's mouth but I believe that was all he was asking,  if last years message covered more than FY06/07(which we know it did not).  Not that crazy a question IMO since it has been done before.

PO2FinClk said:
In short, if something regarding a pay raise were to come out by the end of March, it would be far more a surprise then anything else. This is not to say impossible, simply very unlikely. So there really is no point in asking as the answer would only be based on rumour and speculation possibly raising empty hopes.

Very much agreed. Though,  I think he was simply asking if it was covered in the last message. 

I believe that the public service alliance's contract is coming up for renewal... this year.
So, though the treasury board will have a % in mind for the ncreasses that will come out for the next 3 years, it hasn't been set AND because the CF's pay rates are joined at the hip to theirs..... ours hasn,t been set either.

Short answer - don't hold your breath! It'll be a while

Yeah,

I remember all those "raises" way back when. They were mostly due to the standard cost of living increase that was a given annually to go with that inflation rate.

On the note of our raises being tied directly to what PSAC gets - remember when they go on strike to egg them on to stay out longer and hold out for more... ;D

......... like I said, don't hold your breath

Just wondering if there was an announcement about a pay raise for this fiscal year?  People have been speculating at work, but I have yet to see anything official.  Just curious.

Thanks in Advance.

I did a big seach and I am back here after 3 pages !!!! Could somebody point me in the right direction.

Back