• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay FY 07/08

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
:rofl:

Dang it.  I shoulda known better.

Now, to keep on topic: yes, my EMAA shows my back pay as coming to me (er...to my wife!) on 15 March.  What is it that they say about the Ides of March?  "It's all good?"

;D
Yippee!!!!
More Jamaican Blue Mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dapaterson said:
From the RPSR logon screen today:

And, looking at my own pay, it has been actionned (for me at least).

EDIT to add:  And, after taxes, I'm getting 48 cents on the dollar.

Interesting, is this the same environmental pay that is suppose to be a full time pay for us "field Units" I ask because nothing has come down from Our COC that we are getting this mid march,  And My Mid month pay does not show this allowance, it just shows the 2% pay increase.  All we have been told is,  depending on how long we have been with a field unit is what determines how much our monthly environmental (field) allowance is going to be,  for example:  Privates would get roughly 300 and  warrant would get 700, i am not saying these are the right amounts we are getting. I am looking for clarification on how much it is  that we are actually going to be getting on a monthly bases.

thanks again

As mentioned before, until you see an official announcement detailing the administrative way ahead for any new Field Allowance, IT IS NOT ACTIONED!

This is in no way different then any other new initiative dealing with Compensation Benefits, wait for official direction. The current raise to enviromental allowances are for existing ones, not proposed, planned, mentioned, briefed or thought of allowance.

To add to PO2FinClk's post:

The adjustments to environmental allowances are merely the increase to the furrent FOA and all the other casual and permanent allowances.  Not any new ones yet.

Don't worry - once the new one becomes real (sort of like the Velveteen Rabbit), everyone will know.

Well, this is curious... My pay has been running smoothly for some time now, my account was all balanced off, I had the amount of money I should have... So today I go to check my pay, and what do I find? Two months worth of pay all sitting there as of this morning. I like back pay as much as the next guy, but even with back pay I can't fathom how the hell this much money decided to show up. Anyone else get a very weird pay deposit today?

It's 2% of your earnings from 01 Apr 07 through today.  As a class A reservist, it may seem like a large extra amount, but remember that an yperiods of full-time service also get that 2% top-up; so that 4 week course last summer (for example) will boost your net pay significantly.

dapaterson said:
It's 2% of your earnings from 01 Apr 07 through today.  As a class A reservist, it may seem like a large extra amount, but remember that an yperiods of full-time service also get that 2% top-up; so that 4 week course last summer (for example) will boost your net pay significantly.

Understood- but with 5 months of class C and two months of class B, I should still be looking at an amount of under $800, plus my normal monthly pay. Even if I got both at once, and even if they finalized my claim from September through til now and added that in as well, that still should be less than what I got today... Dammit

Anyone got a contact number for the NSE BOR in H-118 in Petawawa? I'm in Nova Scotia on leave, and my entire chain of command is scattered all over the country. A simple phone call to one of our clerks would probably get me the answer I need...

You should have received both class B and class C retro, along with class A.  If you can check your bank online, you should see two deposits:  one for class B and one for class C (assuming your class C was paid by CCPS - if it was RPSR then there will be only one deposit).  If there are three deposits it means you got your claim as well.

Are there any other things that you get direct deposit?  For example, last week I got my income tax return back.

That really is odd bri as I got my class b retro and haven't received anything for retro on the Class C from September yet

dapaterson said:
You should have received both class B and class C retro, along with class A.  If you can check your bank online, you should see two deposits:  one for class B and one for class C (assuming your class C was paid by CCPS - if it was RPSR then there will be only one deposit).  If there are three deposits it means you got your claim as well.

Are there any other things that you get direct deposit?  For example, last week I got my income tax return back.

It's all one deposit- 'Canada Pay', which I believe is just class C. My class A and B always showed up in my bank under my service number. RPSR and the reg force pay system (CCPS?) should generate different deposits.

My taxes aren't filed yet. I'm still waiting on my RPSR generated T4 and another slip from my bank. They may have finalized my claim, which could account for rather a lot, bu I don't think so...

Whatever. Weird. I'll just have to get in touch with a clerk next week.

Brihard said:
It's all one deposit- 'Canada Pay', which I believe is just class C. My class A and B always showed up in my bank under my service number. RPSR and the reg force pay system (CCPS?) should generate different deposits.

My taxes aren't filed yet. I'm still waiting on my RPSR generated T4 and another slip from my bank. They may have finalized my claim, which could account for rather a lot, bu I don't think so...

Whatever. Weird. I'll just have to get in touch with a clerk next week.

Just don't spend it until you know it's really yours.

Haggis said:
Just don't spend it until you know it's really yours.

Heh, no kidding. I've heard some pretty amazing stories come out of such pay errors.

I probably should look at any EOTech retailers for the next couple of weeks.

One of the union collectives in the Dkyd here in Halifax have apparently been given around a 22% pay raise going back 16 months.  From what we have been told by one of the Maties it works out to approx $17K gross, net to $11K on their mid July area pay packet.  Not sure how many members are part of this package deal, but I know there were some huge disparity between some of the shops. 

If I understand it correctly, the main group of PSAC personnel are still going through negotiations, this should have some bearing on their talks.  Maybe we might get something decent filtered down to us in time when the dust settles.

Umm... the expression "don't hold your breath" comes to mind

We've received our 07/08 increase; any increase will be for 08/09, retro to 01 April 2008.  The group getting retro may be seeing a reclassification of their positions and receiving retro pay for that; I've heard murmurs that such a thing may be in the works for certain skilled trades groups.

Again, don't be spending any pay increase before it arrives...

Of course not, never spend anything before it comes if it ever does.  However, prior to this coming up locally our pay personnel on ship said that it was an adjustment only and the final tally was not settled.

And with current negotiations I wouldn't count on anything for a long time - there is a big gap(grand canyon comes to mind) between the union and TB right now. Last time I saw it this bad a strike followed. Union team requested 4.5% over 3 years, TB offered 1.5% 2 years and 1.2% next 2 years.  TB didn't offer or agree to anything else the union requested.

jollyjacktar said:
Of course not, never spend anything before it comes if it ever does.  However, prior to this coming up locally our pay personnel on ship said that it was an adjustment only and the final tally was not settled.

And that - is exactly it.

Way earlier in this thread it was pointed out that the CANFORGEN was reffered to for a "pay adjustment" to adjust to inflation.

There was a previous CANFORGEN that stated that "Pay Raises" would be based upon table settlements and that we would not see that raise until the tables had all settled. They still haven't all settled.

CANFORGEN 184/07 CMP 079/07 031547Z DEC 07
1 APRIL 2007 - REGULAR FORCE - PAY RATES
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: CANFORGEN 175/07 CDS 041/07 281405Z NOV 07
BILINGUAL MESSAGE / MESSAGE BILINGUE

AS ANNOUNCED AT REF, THERE WILL BE A 2.0 PERCENT ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT FOR GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (GSO) AND PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW), MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (LT AND BELOW), AND NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS (NCM). THIS PAY RAISE IS EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2007.

Back