• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pay FY 07/08

George Wallace said:
Oddball:  "Enough with the negative waves Moriarty!"

I consider myself a realist, actually.  ;D

Don't get me wrong - I certainly hope there's some substance to what's being said about a possible future pay adjustment.  Being a firm believer in the "Don't believe it until it's on paper" rule, I'm certainly not going to mention anything of the sort to my subordinates.  However, the CANFORGEN announcement in its present state is not going to suppress further rumourmongering, or suppress grumbling about the quantity of the announced raise.

Of course, there may be a completely valid reason why the CDS omitted to mention it in the CANFORGEN.  I'm just saying the absence of any mention of it leaves me suspicious.

284_226 said:
I find it hard to believe the CDS would pass up an opportunity to break good news (such as an additional pay adjustment) to the members of the CF, unless there was a good reason for him to omit reference to it.

I can think of one. His earlier CANFORGEN already stated that a pay raise (and it's amount) would not be announced until all the tables had completed their negotiations and the amount received was determined.

Go ahead and read it. To date, the above still hasn't happened; perhaps that is considered good reason.

I certainly didn't see any mention on this latest "economic increase" CANFORGEN that cancelled or superceeded the information released in his initial message.

I'm quite sure he has better things to do than repeat himself. I'll consider myself the optomist -- in that I have better things to do with my time than rhyme off ways and means of how the CF (& apparently the CDS now) is constantly trying to screw me and my family. Seems to be a habit for some.  ::)

IN HOC SIGNO said:
thanks Haggis I will ponder that. When I lived in Ottawa the last time my parents lived in Cornwall and I used to take a short cut through those communities en route. My brother lives in Kanata so I was thinking out that way but the traffic is nutsy there now. I'll be working at Coventry so the southeast might be cool. I can't bear the thought of Orleans.
Wife wants some space for the dog so maybe that's a good spot. I'll just have to live with the daily commute. TY again

I don't know when you were last out in Orleans, but it has changed a lot in the last two years.

It probably has the easiest access and best serviced routes in OC Transpo, and you can be downtown in 30 to 45 minutes on a work day if you take one of the Express buses.  "The Split" sucks going either way, but Innes is now four lanes from Industrial Rd to out past Trim Rd.  Houses are 40K less in Orleans than the same home in Kanata, and they don't suffer the almost weekly power outages that Kanata has.  Hunt Club Rd is going to be extended out to Orleans in the near future, unfortunately poor city planning has it merging with Innes at Blackburn Hamlet.  Perhaps they will develop some common dog f*** and not do that.  The Ontario Government would aid the city with some Infrastructure and Transportation improvements if the city would only get off its arse and make some decisions.  Too many levels of Government and none is willing to make a firm commitment..............other than appease the Environmentalists who are crippling the city. 

If you don't like Orleans, then there are a few places out a bit further like Enbrun and Vars.  Navin is almost part of Orleans now.  South of the Airport is all residential now.  Barrhaven seems to be moving south a city block a day. 

But this has little to do with a Pay Raise, nor the PLD that you won't be getting on your Posting here.

ArmyVern said:
I can think of one. His earlier CANFORGEN already stated that a pay raise (and it's amount) would not be announced until all the tables had completed their negotiations and the amount received was determined.

Go ahead and read it. To date, the above still hasn't happened; perhaps that is considered good reason.

I certainly didn't see any mention on this latest "economic increase" CANFORGEN that cancelled or superceeded the information released in his initial message.

I'm quite sure he has better things to do than repeat himself. I'll consider myself the optomist -- in that I have better things to do with my time than rhyme off ways and means of how the CF (& apparently the CDS now) is constantly trying to screw me and my family. Seems to be a habit for some.  ::)

Whoa, back up the truck.  I didn't say the CF or the CDS was trying to screw you, your family, or anyone else - nor am I in the habit of doing so.  Don't put words in my mouth, please.

What I'm saying is that there's nothing whatsoever in the latest CANFORGEN that would lead anyone to suspect that there's another pay adjustment coming. 

Back in the late 90's (and it had to be the mid to late 90's, as I have access to all the CANFORGENS since 2000 and I know I was a MS at the time), there was a CFG sent out basically saying "Wait, out" on one of the annual pay raises.  Then, at some point in time (October?), it was announced that since PSAC had not completed negotiations, an interim 2% (or thereabouts) increase would be given.  Then, later in that fiscal year, the "top-up" was given for comparability with the PS, once they had all settled.

Jump forward to April 2004.

CANFORGEN 058/04
SUBJ: PAY INCREASE - 1 APR 04
REF: CANFORGEN 074/02 ADMHRMIL 042 031613Z JUL 02
1.  THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO EXPLAIN THE DELAY IN ANNOUNCING THE NCM/GSO/PILOT (LCOL AND BELOW)/MEDICAL/DENTAL OFFICERS (LT AND BELOW) PAY INCREASE FOR 2004/2005 AND TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE ON WHEN CF MEMBERS CAN EXPECT TO RECEIVE IT
2.  REF CANFORGEN ADVISED CF MBRS THAT A PLAN HAD BEEN INSTITUTED FOR 2002 AND SUBSEQUENT YEARS TO ANNOUNCE AND IMPLEMENT PAY RATE ADJUSTMENTS AS SOON AS APPROVED, WHICH IS TYPICALLY APRIL-JUNE IN ANY GIVEN YEAR.  HOWEVER, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE POSTPONED IN ORDER TO NEGOTIATE THE BEST ECONOMIC INCREASE FOR CF MBRS.  ECONOMIC INCREASES REFLECT, FOR THE MOST PART, THOSE GIVEN TO GROUPS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE (PS).  SUCH INCREASES ARE NEGOTIATED THROUGH THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS.  TO DATE, ONLY A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE INFORMATION REQUIRED TO CALCULATE THE CF ECONOMIC INCREASE IS AVAILABLE AND A LARGE PORTION OF THE NECESSARY INFORMATION IS STILL UNKOWN
3.  TO ENSURE CF MBRS RECEIVE A FAIR AND EQUITABLE PAY INCREASE, IT HAS BEEN DECIDED TO DELAY THE 04/05 PAY INCREASE UNTIL MORE INFORMATION REGARDING VARIOUS BARGAINING UNITS IS AVAILABLE.  IN PRACTICAL TERMS, THIS COULD MEAN A DELAY UNTIL LATE SUMMER OR EARLY FALL 04
4.  WHILE THE DELAY MAY SEEMS LENGTHY, ALL MBRS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THE EFFECTIVE DATE WILL REMAIN 1 APR 04 REGARDLESS OF WHEN THE
INCREASE IS IMPLEMENTED     
5. THIS MSG IS TO BE GIVEN THE WIDEST POSSIBLE DISTRIBUTION

Now jump to Oct 04...

CANFORGEN 134/04
SUBJ: GENERAL SERVICE OFFICER/NCM PAY ADJUSTMENT - FY 04/05
REF: CANFORGEN 058/04 ADMHR MIL 031 161332Z APR 04 PAY INCREASE -
1 APR 04
1.  THE PURPOSE OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE ON THE STATUS OF THE GSO/PILOT/NCM (LCOL AND BELOW)/MED/DENT OFFR (LT AND BELOW) PAY ADJUSTMENT FOR FY 04/05
2.  REF EXPLAINED THAT PAY ADJUSTMENTS FOR CF MBRS ARE BASED ON TOTAL COMPENSATION COMPARABILITY WITH BENCHMARKED OCCUPATIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE.  IT ALSO ADVISED THAT INSUFFICIENT INFORMATION WAS AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME TO COMPUTE THE PAY ADJUSTMENT FOR CF MBRS AND THAT THE ANNOUNCEMENT WOULD NOT LIKELY OCCUR BEFORE LATE SUMMER OR EARLY FALL.  I ALSO GAVE YOU MY ASSURANCES, THAT REGARDLESS WHEN ANNOUNCED, THE PAY ADJUSTMENT WOULD BE EFFECTIVE 1 APR 04
3.  NOTWITHSTANDING THE RECENT PROGRESS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS, SUFFICIENT INFO IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE TO COMPUTE THE FY 04/05 PAY ADJUSTMENT.  ENSURING THAT YOU RECEIVE A FAIR AND EQUITABLE PAY ADJUSTMENT BASED ON COMPARABILITY WITH THE FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE WITH A SIMILAR EFFECTIVE DATE IS OF PRIMARY CONCERN TO ME
4.  FOR THIS REASON, I AM STILL UNABLE TO ANNOUNCE A PAY ADJUSTMENT.
ALTHOUGH THE DELAY IS LENGTHY, I WANT TO RE-ITERATE THAT THE
EFFECTIVE DATE WILL BE 1 APR 04 REGARDLESS WHEN THE INCREASE IS
ANNOUNCED AND IMPLEMENTED.  AN UPDATE WILL BE PROVIDED IN MID DEC OR
EARLIER IF THE SITUATION CHANGES   
THIS MSG IS TO BE GIVEN WIDEST POSSIBLE DISTRIBUTION

Now on to Feb 05...

CANFORGEN 033/05
SUBJ: FY 04/05 AND 05/06 PAY INCREASES
REF: CANFORGEN 155/04 ADM(HR-MIL) 083 171309Z DEC 04 1. THE MINISTER OF NATIONAL DEFENCE IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE FOLLOWING INCREASES TO PAY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCES 2. CF NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS A. EFFECTIVE 1 APR 04
(1) AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.25 PERCENT AND
(2) AN ADJUSTMENT OF 4.25 PERCENT TO RESTORE COMPARABILITY WITH THE PUBLIC SERVICE (PS)
(3) EXAMPLES OF AMT OF BACK PAY BEFORE DEDUCTIONS.  CPL STD IPC4 WILL RECEIVE BACK PAY OF APPROX 3120 DOLLARS WHEREAS CWO IPC4 WILL RECEIVE APPROX 4824 DOLLARS B. EFFECTIVE 1 APR 05 AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.4 PERCENT
3. CF GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (GSO)/PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW) AND MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (LT AND 2LT) WILL RECEIVE A. EFFECTIVE 1 APR 04
(1) AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.25 PERCENT AND
(2) AN ADJUSTMENT OF 1.03 PERCENT TO RESTORE COMPARABILITY WITH THE PS
(3) EXAMPLES OF BACKPAY BEFORE DEDUCTIONS.  2LT WILL RECEIVE FROM
1128 DOLLARS TO 2088 DOLLARS, CAPT GSO IPC10 2604 DOLLARS AND LCOL GSO IPC4 3288 DOLLARS B.  EFFECTIVE 1 APR 05
(1) AN ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF 2.4 PERCENT AND
(2) THERE ARE STILL A LARGE NUMBER OF LAPSED AGREEMENTS FOR PS GROUPS.  SHOULD THE SETTLEMENT RATES FOR LAPSED AGREEMENTS FOR THE BENCHMARKED PUBLIC SERVICE GROUPS EVENTUALLY PROVE TO BE HIGHER THAN THE PAY ADJUSTMENTS AWARDED TO AFFECTED OFFICERS FOR FISCAL YEARS 2003/2004, 2004/2005 AND 2005/2006, TB APPROVAL WILL BE SOUGHT TO AUTHORIZE LUMP SUMS OF PAY IN THE AMOUNT OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ECONOMIC INCREASE APPROVED FOR GSOS FOR FY 2005/2006 AND THE AMOUNT OF THE PAY ADJUSTMENT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR FY
2005/2006 HAD THE PUBLIC SERVICE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING PROCESS BEEN SUBSTANTIALLY COMPLETED

4. ENVIRONMENTAL AND SPECIAL ALLOWANCES WILL BE ADJUSTED AS FOLLOWS
(A) EFF 1 APR 04 5.68 PERCENT AND
(B) EFF 1 APR 05 2.4 PERCENT
5. THE ABOVE INCREASES SHOULD BE REFLECTED IN THE END MAR 05 PAY FOR MOST CF MEMBERS 6. THE REVISED RATES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE DGCB INTERNET SITE AT HTTP://WWW.DND.CA/HR/DPPD// AND INTRANET HTTP://HR.DWAN.DND.CA/DGCB/DPPD// END OF ENGLISH TEXT

Now jump ahead to this year:

UNCLAS CANFORGEN 102/07 CMP 041/07
SUBJ: STATUS OF PAY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCE INCREASES - EFFECTIVE 1 APR 07 - GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (GSO) AND PILOTS, LCOL AND BELOW, MEDICAL AND DENTAL (MED/DENT) OFFICER LTS AND 2LTS, AND NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS (NCM)
1.  THE PURPOSE OF THIS MSG IS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH AN UPDATE ON THE PRESENT SITUATION REGARDING FISCAL YEAR (FY) 07/08 PAY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCE INCREASES
2.  THE CF WILL NOT BE IN A POSITION TO DELIVER FY 07/08 PAY AND ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCE INCREASES IN THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE FOR REASONS OUTLINED BELOW.  ONCE INCREASES ARE APPROVED, THEY WILL BE RETROACTIVE TO 1 APR 07
3.  CF PAY AND ALLOWANCE INCREASE PERCENTAGES FOR GSOS AND PILOTS, LCOL AND BELOW, MED/DENT OFFICERS IN THE RANK OF LT AND 2LT, AND NCMS ARE BASED ON A COMPARABILITY MODEL THAT MEASURES THE EFFECT OF PUBLIC SERVICE (PS) SALARY IMPROVEMENTS FOR THOSE GROUPS BENCHMARKED TO MILITARY OCCUPATIONS.  BASED ON THESE PS SALARY IMPROVEMENTS, THE CF PAY MODEL IS ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY TO MAINTAIN THE REQUIRED PAY RELATIVITY
4.  OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS, MOST COLLECTIVE AGREEMENTS IN THE PS HAVE BEEN IN EFFECT MAKING THE DETERMINATION OF THE VALUE OF THE COMPARATOR GROUP FOR BENCHMARKING TO CF OCCUPATIONS A ROUTINE MATTER.  HOWEVER, GIVEN THAT THE MAJORITY OF COLLECTIVE AGREEMENTS FOR THE PS GROUPS BENCHMARKED TO THE CF ARE DUE TO EXPIRE IN THE COMING MONTHS, THERE WILL BE LITTLE OR NO PUBLIC SERVICE COMPENSATION DATA AVAILABLE UPON WHICH TO DEVELOP A RATIONAL AND SUPPORTABLE CF PAY RAISE PROPOSAL FOR TREASURY BOARD CONSIDERATION
WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THIS SITUATION CLOSELY AND EXPECT TO BE IN A POSITION TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE ON COLLECTIVE BARGAINING RESULTS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE IN THE SEP-OCT 07 TIMEFRAME
5.  YOUR ON-GOING PATIENCE IS THIS REGARD IS APPRECIATED END OF ENGLISH TEXT

Now if you've been following along, anyone who has more than 10-12 years of service will remember:

a.  Getting an "interim" pay increase in the late 90's while PSAC and TBS did their thing, and received a top-up later;
b.  Getting told "we can't give you anything until PSAC and TBS finish their negotiations" in 04/05; and
c.  Getting told "we'll not have sufficient compensation data available to develop a rational and supportable pay raise for TBS consideration" in '07.

Reading CANFORGEN 102/07 above, can we now assume that they now have sufficient compensation data available to support a pay raise for TBS consideration, considering we've been given 2%?  Or is this another case of an "interim" pay raise, with a top-up to follow - which wasn't mentioned in the pay raise announcement?

Do you now see why there are still unanswered questions caused by the most recent CANFORGEN the suggestion that there may be a further adjustment this year is something that needs to be either dispelled as rumour, or communicated from CDS/CMP officially?

Edit:  last sentence

Ok 284_226, now that you have managed to confuse everyone, let me attempt to untie the knot.  You have given a bunch of CANFORGEN's, but did you actually read them?  Maybe you have, and it's me who is now misunderstanding, but humor me and reread what you wrote.  You are saying that wheather or not there is actually another increase coming, the final CANFORGEN announcing the 2% adjustment leaves too many questions unanswered, or even actually closes the issue, right?  Well, I submit to you this:

CANFORGEN's 058/04 and 134/04 were essentially apologies for both the lateness of the "pay increase" (058/04) and "pay adjustment"(134/04) - both were announced together in CANFORGEN 035/05 (Pay Increases) which actually included an "economic adjustment" (sound familiar?) and an additional 1.03% increase to restore compatibility with the Public Service.

CANFORGEN 102/07 says that the CF pay model is adjusted accordingly to maintain the required pay relativity...

So, as Vern said, the CDS has better things to do with his time than repeat thing to us.

BinRat55 said:
Ok 284_226, now that you have managed to confuse everyone, let me attempt to untie the knot.  You have given a bunch of CANFORGEN's, but did you actually read them?  Maybe you have, and it's me who is now misunderstanding, but humor me and reread what you wrote.  You are saying that wheather or not there is actually another increase coming, the final CANFORGEN announcing the 2% adjustment leaves too many questions unanswered, or even actually closes the issue, right?  Well, I submit to you this:

CANFORGEN's 058/04 and 134/04 were essentially apologies for both the lateness of the "pay increase" (058/04) and "pay adjustment"(134/04) - both were announced together in CANFORGEN 035/05 (Pay Increases) which actually included an "economic adjustment" (sound familiar?) and an additional 1.03% increase to restore compatibility with the Public Service.

I would submit to you that in CANFORGEN 058/04, 134/04, and 058/04, the terms "adjustment" and "increase" were used interchangeably.  The first refers to a "pay increase", the second to a "pay adjustment", and the latter solely to an "economic adjustment" and an "adjustment", with no reference to a "pay adjustment" or "pay increase".  If there is to be a distinction made between a COLA and a compatibility comparability adjustment, better terminology needs to be clearly defined.

CANFORGEN 102/07 says that the CF pay model is adjusted accordingly to maintain the required pay relativity...

It does.  It also refers to "THIS ECONOMIC INCREASE", "PAY ADJUSTMENTS", and "PAY INCREASE".  CANFORGEN 102/07 went so far as to say that there was inadequate data to approach TBS with a "rational and supportable" request for a "pay raise".  Now that we've received word that we're getting 2% as an economic increase/pay adjustment/pay increase, does that infer that someone approached TBS with a "rational and supportable" request for a pay raise?  Did it include a comparability adjustment?  I have no idea.  Their terminology is all over the place, and the messages are vague.

So, as Vern said, the CDS has better things to do with his time than repeat thing to us.

It wouldn't be repeating.  If there is truly to be a further "compatibility comparability adjustment", to be given after PSAC settles, then he didn't bother to include it in CANFORGEN 175/07.

edit:  comparability vice compatibility.  I need a proofreader...

If there is truly to be a further "compatibility adjustment", to be given after PSAC settles, then he didn't bother to include it in CANFORGEN 175/07

Nor should he.

175/07 clearly states "economic adjustment".  As well, it was put as clearly in 102/07 that we would be informed when all tables settle and all info was gathered and analyzed as to the status of our "pay increase".

We seem to be reading the exact same thing completely diffrent.  The truth will be told when it happens or when it doesn't happen.  I'll still be here and i'll still be getting 2% back dated to Apr 07.  The up side is, if i'm right, we make out just that much better.  If not?  There's always PLD...  Did I say that out loud???

FYI everyone Canforgen 182/07, 183/07 and 184/07 that came out earlier today will clarify everyones questions about the PAY/PLD/Environmental Allowances . I don't know if they are on the canforgen site yet but they should be. I processed these incoming messages at around 1415 PST 3 Dec 07.
8)

UNCLAS CANFORGEN 184/07 CMP 079/07
SIC WAS
SECTION 1 OF 3
SUBJ: 1 APRIL 2007 -  REGULAR FORCE - PAY RATES
REF: CANFORGEN 175/07 CDS 041/07 281405Z NOV 07 BILINGUAL MESSAGE / MESSAGE BILINGUE
1.  AS ANNOUNCED AT REF, THERE WILL BE A 2.0 PERCENT ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT FOR GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (GSO) AND PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW), MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (LT AND BELOW), AND NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS (NCM).  THIS PAY RAISE IS EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2007.
2.  THE REVISED RATES OF PAY EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2007 ARE CONTAINED IN PARAGRAPHS 5 TO 11.  RATES OF PAY ARE ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE DGCB WEBSITE AT (HTTP://WWW.DND.CA/HR/DGCB/DPPD/ENGRAPH/HOME_E.ASP).  FOR ALL AFFECTED CBI TABLES, THE NEW RATES READ:
A.  QUOTE 1 APRIL 2007 UNQUOTE
B.  QUOTE AFTER MARCH 2007 UNQUOTE
C.  QUOTE 31 MARCH 2007 UNQUOTE
{...tables follow...}

(internet website has not been updated yet as of the time of this post)

CANFORGEN 182/07 (PLD) posted in the other thread - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/52775.0/all.html

But again, no mention of a comparability adjustment....

edit:  add link to PLD thread

CANFORGEN 184/07 CMP 079/07 031547Z DEC 07
1 APRIL 2007 - REGULAR FORCE - PAY RATES
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: CANFORGEN 175/07 CDS 041/07 281405Z NOV 07
BILINGUAL MESSAGE / MESSAGE BILINGUE

AS ANNOUNCED AT REF, THERE WILL BE A 2.0 PERCENT ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT FOR GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (GSO) AND PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW), MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (LT AND BELOW), AND NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS (NCM). THIS PAY RAISE IS EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2007.

THE REVISED RATES OF PAY EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2007 ARE CONTAINED IN PARAGRAPHS 5 TO 11. RATES OF PAY ARE ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE DGCB WEBSITE AT (HTTP://WWW.DND.CA/HR/DGCB/DPPD/ENGRAPH/HOME(UNDERSCORE)E.ASP). FOR ALL AFFECTED CBI TABLES, THE NEW RATES READ:

QUOTE 1 APRIL 2007 UNQUOTE

QUOTE AFTER MARCH 2007 UNQUOTE

QUOTE 31 MARCH 2007 UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE THE TABLE TO CBI 204.21 (PAY - GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS) WITH THE FOLLOWING. READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) - QUOTE

CAPT 5602 5817 6027 6241 6446 6647 6844 7048 7166 7284 7405
MAJ 7575 7709 7840 7971 8102 8233 8364 8496 XXXX XXXX XXXX
LCOL 8780 8922 9059 9203 9344 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE THE TABLES TO CBI 204.211 (PAY - GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS - OFFICER ENTRY PLANS - LT, 2LT AND OCDT) WITH THE FOLLOWING:

TABLE A TO CBI 204.211 IS REPLACED BY (READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK, PAY LEVEL AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)) - QUOTE

OCDT A 1415 1444 1477 1505 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
OCDT B 2557 2663 3079 3199 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

UNQUOTE

TABLE B TO CBI 204.211 IS REPLACED BY (READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK, PAY LEVEL AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)) - QUOTE

2LT A 4055 4113 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
2LT B 3224 3413 3737 4066 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
2LT C 3468 3761 4055 4355 4654 4954 5251 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
2LT D 4426 4557 4694 4836 4982 5130 5284 5443 5605 5773 5948
2LT E 4479 4612 4751 4893 5042 5192 5348 5507 5674 5844 6017

UNQUOTE

TABLE C TO CBI 204.211 IS REPLACED BY (READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK, PAY LEVEL AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)) - QUOTE

LT A 4419 4719 5020 5318 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
LT B 3413 3737 4066 4427 4794 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
LT C 3813 4113 4266 4419 4570 4719 4869 5020 5170 5318 XXXX
LT D 4544 4726 4914 5113 5317 5530 5749 5980 6221 6468 6728
LT E 4722 4910 5107 5312 5525 5745 5975 6216 6463 6722 6991

UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE THE TABLE TO CBI 204.214 (PAY - NAVIGATORS) WITH THE FOLLOWING. READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) - QUOTE

CAPT XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX 7610

UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE TABLE A TO CBI 204.215 - (PAY - PILOTS - LCOL, MAJ AND CAPT) WITH THE FOLLOWING. READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) - QUOTE

CAPT 5987 6257 6564 7173 7555 7851 8040 8243 8363 8410 8445
MAJ 8533 8619 8682 8748 8834 8924 8959 9012 XXXX XXXX XXXX
LCOL 9102 9212 9317 9406 9500 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE TABLE B TO CBI 204.215 - (PAY - PILOTS - CAPT) WITH THE FO LLOWING. READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) - QUOTE

CAPT 5679 6038 6564 7173 7555 7851 8040 8243 8363 8410 8445

UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE THE TABLES TO CBI 204.2156 (PAY - PILOTS - OFFICER ENTRY PLANS, LT AND 2LT) WITH THE FOLLOWING:

TABLE A TO CBI 204.2156 IS REPLACED BY (READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK, PAY LEVEL AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)) - QUOTE

2LT A 4291 4350 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
2LT B 3459 3649 3783 3918 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
2LT C 3703 3997 4291 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
2LT D 4581 4719 4859 5006 5155 5310 5468 5633 5803 5977 6156

UNQUOTE

TABLE B TO CBI 204.2156 IS REPLACED BY (READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK, PAY LEVEL AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)) - QUOTE

LT A 4805 5102 5407 5704 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
LT B 4124 4450 4812 5181 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
LT C 4048 4350 4500 4805 5102 5407 5704 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
LT D 4700 4889 5085 5287 5499 5719 5948 6185 6433 6689 6958

UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE THE TABLES TO CBIS 204.216 (PAY - MEDICAL OFFICERS) AND CBI 204.217 - (PAY - DENTAL OFFICERS) WITH THE FOLLOWING:

TABLE A TO CBI 204.216 AND 204.217 IS REPLACED BY (READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)) - QUOTE

2LT 3761 4055 4355 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

UNQUOTE

TABLE B TO CBI 204.216 AND 204.217 IS REPLACED BY (READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)) - QUOTE

LT 4654 4954 XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE THE TABLE TO CBI 204.30 (PAY - NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS) WITH THE FOLLOWING. READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK, PAY LEVEL, PAY INCREMENT AND TRADE GROUP (STANDARD, SPECIALIST 1 AND SPECIALIST 2) - QUOTE

PTE 1 1 2534 XXXX XXXX
PTE 1 2 3099 XXXX XXXX
PTE 1 3 3722 XXXX XXXX
CPL 5A BASIC 4260 4770 5051
CPL 5A 1 4322 4854 5151
CPL 5A 2 4384 4935 5252
CPL 5A 3 4445 5018 5354
CPL 5A 4 4504 5103 5455
CPL 5B BASIC 4437 4952 5235
CPL 5B 1 4499 5038 5337
CPL 5B 2 4557 5122 5436
CPL 5B 3 4622 5202 5537
CPL 5B 4 4684 5290 5644
SGT 6A BASIC 4893 5484 5811
SGT 6A 1 4941 5535 5865
SGT 6A 2 4991 5591 5918
SGT 6A 3 5045 5645 5970
SGT 6A 4 5092 5694 6023
WO 6B BASIC 5451 5938 6165
WO 6B 1 5502 5989 6217
WO 6B 2 5550 6044 6270
WO 6B 3 5606 6097 6325
WO 6B 4 5657 6144 6374
MWO 7 BASIC 6016 6420 6551
MWO 7 1 6076 6483 6616
MWO 7 2 6138 6549 6678
MWO 7 3 6199 6612 6741
MWO 7 4 6260 6675 6802
CWO 8A BASIC 6678 6678 6678
CWO 8A 1 6749 6749 6749
CWO 8A 2 6822 6822 6822
CWO 8A 3 6889 6889 6889
CWO 8A 4 6957 6957 6957
CWO 8B BASIC 7145 7145 7145
CWO 8B 1 7222 7222 7222
CWO 8B 2 7299 7299 7299
CWO 8B 3 7372 7372 7372
CWO 8B 4 7445 7445 7445
CWO 8C BASIC 7432 7432 7432 CWO 8C 1 7510 7510 7510
CWO 8C 2 7591 7591 7591
CWO 8C 3 7666 7666 7666
CWO 8C 4 7742 7742 7742

UNQUOTE

CANFORGEN 183/07 CMP 078/07 031551Z DEC 07
1 APRIL 2007 - RESERVE FORCE - PAY RATES
UNCLASSIFIED

REF: CANFORGEN 175/07 CDS 041/07 281405Z NOV 07

AS ANNOUNCED AT REF, THERE WILL BE A 2.0 PERCENT ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT FOR GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (GSO) AND PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW), AND NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS (NCM). THIS PAY RAISE IS EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2007.

THE REVISED RATES ARE EFFECTIVE 1 APR 07 AND ARE CONTAINED IN PARAGRAPHS 3 AND 4. FOR ALL AFFECTED CBI TABLES, THE NEW RATES READ:

QUOTE 1 APRIL 2007 UNQUOTE

QUOTE AFTER MARCH 2007 UNQUOTE

QUOTE 31 MARCH 2007 UNQUOTE

CBI 204.52 (PAY - OFFICERS)

SUBSTITUTE THE NEW TABLE QUOTE B UNQUOTE WITH THE FOLLOWING. READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) - QUOTE

OCDT 89.48 93.14 96.86 103.28 XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX
2LT A 98.46 102.56 107.52 111.28 XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX
2LT B 123.68 127.34 131.18 135.14 139.22 143.36 147.66 152.10 156.64 161.32 166.22
2LT C 125.16 128.88 132.76 136.74 140.90 145.10 149.46 153.90 158.56 163.32 168.14
LT A 125.30 129.16 133.16 136.72 140.28 XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX
LT B 126.98 132.06 137.32 142.88 148.58 154.54 160.66 167.12 173.84 180.74 188.02
LT C 131.96 137.22 142.72 148.44 154.40 160.54 166.98 173.70 180.60 187.84 195.36
CAPT 156.54 162.56 168.42 174.40 180.14 185.76 191.26 196.96 200.26 203.56 206.94
MAJ 211.68 215.42 219.10 222.76 226.42 230.08 233.74 237.42 XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX
LCOL 245.36 249.32 253.16 257.18 261.12 XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX

UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE THE NEW TABLE QUOTE C UNQUOTE WITH THE FOLLOWING. READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10) - QUOTE

LT 148.78 152.96 157.28 163.58 170.12 176.90 184.00 191.32 XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX
CAPT 167.30 174.86 183.44 200.46 211.12 219.40 224.68 230.36 233.70 235.02 236.00
MAJ 238.46 240.86 242.62 244.46 246.86 249.38 250.36 251.84 XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX
LCOL 254.36 257.44 260.36 262.86 265.48 XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX XXX.XX

UNQUOTE

SUBSTITUTE THE TABLE TO CBI 204.53 (PAY - NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS) WITH THE FOLLOWING. READ COLUMNS AS FOLLOWS: RANK, PAY LEVEL, TRADE GROUP AND PAY INCREMENT (BASIC, 1, 2, 3, 4) - QUOTE

PTE 1 STD XXX.XX 81.54 92.46 104.02 XXX.XX
CPL A 2 STD 119.04 120.78 122.52 124.22 125.86
CPL A 2 SPEC 1 133.30 135.64 137.90 140.22 142.60
CPL A 2 SPEC 2 141.16 143.94 146.76 149.62 152.44
CPL B 3 STD 124.00 125.72 127.34 129.16 130.90
CPL B 3 SPEC 1 138.38 140.78 143.14 145.38 147.84
CPL B 3 SPEC 2 146.30 149.14 151.92 154.74 157.72
SGT 4 STD 136.74 138.08 139.48 140.98 142.30
SGT 4 SPEC 1 153.26 154.68 156.24 157.76 159.12
SGT 4 SPEC 2 162.38 163.90 165.38 166.84 168.32
WO 5 STD 152.32 153.76 155.10 156.66 158.08
WO 5 SPEC 1 165.94 167.36 168.90 170.38 171.70
WO 5 SPEC 2 172.28 173.74 175.22 176.76 178.12
MWO 6 STD 168.12 169.80 171.52 173.24 174.94
MWO 6 SPEC 1 179.40 181.16 183.02 184.78 186.54
MWO 6 SPEC 2 183.06 184.88 186.62 188.38 190.08
CWO 7A STD 186.62 188.60 190.64 192.52 194.42
CWO 7A SPEC 1 186.62 188.60 190.64 192.52 194.42
CWO 7A SPEC 2 186.62 188.60 190.64 192.52 194.42
CWO 7B STD 199.66 201.82 203.98 206.02 208.06
CWO 7B SPEC 1 199.66 201.82 203.98 206.02 208.06
CWO 7B SPEC 2 199.66 201.82 203.98 206.02 208.06
CWO 7C STD 207.68 209.86 212.14 214.22 216.36
CWO 7C SPEC 1 207.68 209.86 212.14 214.22 216.36
CWO 7C SPEC 2 207.68 209.86 212.14 214.22 216.36

UNQUOTE

Thanks Quag.

Was there any mention of when the adjustment actually show up on our pay, and when back payment is made?

Nic

ToRN said:
  and when back payment is made?

If you would go back and read the CANFORGEN announcing the 2% increase you would see that the back payment is anticipated to be on the end of March pay.

CF PAY: THERE WILL BE A 2.0 PERCENT PAY INCREASE FOR ALL GENERAL SERVICE OFFICERS (GSO) AND ALL NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBERS (NCM). THE SAME INCREASE APPLIES TO PILOTS (LCOL AND BELOW), AND MEDICAL AND DENTAL OFFICERS (LT AND 2LT). THIS ECONOMIC INCREASE IS EFFECTIVE 1 APRIL 2007 AND IS ANTICIPATED TO BE DELIVERED IN YOUR END-MARCH 2008 PAY. REMEMBER THAT PAY ADJUSTMENTS LIKE THESE REMAIN AN IMPORTANT FACTOR IN THE LONG-TERM CALCULATION OF YOUR PENSION AND BENEFITS. THE SAME PERCENTAGE INCREASE APPLIES TO ENVIRONMENTAL ALLOWANCES AND TO THE CFS ALERT ALLOWANCE 

A big problem is that, because the retro will show up in the new year... a lot of it will be applied against the new year's CPP & EI amounts

A big problem is that, because the retro will show up in the new year... a lot of it will be applied against the new year's CPP & EI amounts

It will be taxed based on your income, but generally from my experience, we don't get hit with CPP and EI deductions on the income on the front end. 

As we always max out on these deductions based on our salaries, they don't take the amounts off of the back pays. 

Admittedly, I'm out of my lane on this, but I've never seen them take the monies off in previous years back pays. 

As an aside, if they did take CPP and EI off, it would just mean that we maxed out on our deductions earlier and our net pay would increase in Aug/Sept instead of Sept/Oct. 

Yup, if received in the new year, taxable in that year, and as SweetNavyJustice said will max out earlier rather then later for CPP & EI.

SNJ & PO, you are right, we'll just max out our contributions earlier than expected BUT, I felt I should point it out cause many will be expecting to see XXXX$ Retro, minus basic F&P taxes (only). 

geo said:

Yea, but I love when, because of the extra they take off for my summer overtime, I get about 5 months with no deductions.
Speaking of which, January is coming.....

Interesting side note to this, just got briefed today that it seems that CFSME has been designated a "field unit" so therefore are entitled to FEA

CFSME is a field unit now?  Is this just a financial manipulation or is there any meaning to this change?

Back