• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Tac-Vest with double-mag sized pockets ?

My good lord - I'll call up the SM - no alterations of the queens kit is tolerated - no matter how practical or common-sensical it may be!

Next thing you know - the troops will be gallavanting about in their own vehicles and shirts with pockets on the sleeves............

EDIT:

Upon further inspection, I have noticed that his rifle is not within arms reach, bayonet is not in the CF standard front position, the C2 sight case is on thr ground on it's side and there is salvage lying on the ground beside him, not in a bag manned by an NCO at the ammo point. Furthermore, there is a thread at the top of his zipper, and an unauthorised fastex clip attached to his TV.

Also, his rank is not readily apparent, although since he is working, we know he does not hold a commission!

Why is this Gunner not wearing the mortar gloves when handling mortar ammo ??
I would like this investigated...  ;D

GO!!! said:
My good lord - I'll call up the SM - no alterations of the queens kit is tolerated - no matter how practical or common-sensical it may be!

Next thing you know - the troops will be gallavanting about in their own vehicles and shirts with pockets on the sleeves............

EDIT:

Upon further inspection, I have noticed that his rifle is not within arms reach, bayonet is not in the CF standard front position, the C2 sight case is on thr ground on it's side and there is salvage lying on the ground beside him, not in a bag manned by an NCO at the ammo point. Furthermore, there is a thread at the top of his zipper, and an unauthorised fastex clip attached to his TV.

Also, his rank is not readily apparent, although since he is working, we know he does not hold a commission!

;D ;D Someone learned the zoom button...  ;)

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_e.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=10594&site=combatcamera

hmmm dropzone tactical tag on those pouches :p

Can you say "Drop Zone" ?  ;D

Guys need to carry more than four mags and they are using any option they can. Tearing off the mag pouches from the TV and attaching bigger ones is now getting common.

so tell us about the unauth kit mod...how is it done?

Cause you know, on a rare occasion, when the moon and stars line up, and there are no more rocks requiring gold and blue paint, it actually makes sense.

BTW, wheres my med bag to trial?

Armymedic said:
so tell us about the unauth kit mod...how is it done?

Cause you know, on a rare occasion, when the moon and stars line up, and there are no more rocks requiring gold and blue paint, it actually makes sense.

BTW, wheres my med bag to trial?

Just get a CO that will authorize it and a CSM that supports it.  There are more non issue rigs than issued ones in my Coy it seems.

It seems to me that double-mag sized pockets would make a lot of sense for those who like to gun tape two magazines together.

to double up a mag you send spacers and all the double mag pouches I've seen have been pretty tight.

Synthos said:
It seems to me that double-mag sized pockets would make a lot of sense for those who like to gun tape two magazines together.

If you're coupling them with a Mag-Clamp or the like, you'll need triple mag pouches to fit the works in...

blake

what, me, sarcastic...noooo never.  :-*

Seriously though, I do want to know how you guys got around the kit standardization gestapo on those vests. And then how one removes and replaces the pockets.

Farmboy, where is my med bag? You know, the one you want to give me for free, no strings, purely for my own look cool factor.

I hope the troops from 2 VP who are coming on board with 1 RCR are not counting on using similar stuff....that would just be scandalous.  <-------sarcasm.

"I hope the troops from 2 VP who are coming on board with 1 RCR are not counting on using similar stuff....that would just be scandalous"

Fingers crossed is more like it.  Talking with a RCR member on this board he told me that his 1 RCR buddies have been given the green light for operational kit.  Besides we cowboys have a way of corrupting people. ;D

CFL said:
"I hope the troops from 2 VP who are coming on board with 1 RCR are not counting on using similar stuff....that would just be scandalous"

Fingers crossed is more like it.  Talking with a RCR member on this board he told me that his 1 RCR buddies have been given the green light for operational kit.  Besides we cowboys have a way of corrupting people. ;D

With all of the recent ruckus over the "movie that shall not be named", I'd be careful about using the words "cowboy" and "corrupted" in the same sentence... :rofl:  :tsktsk: :rofl: :tsktsk:

Seriously though, good luck inthe quest for more operationally functional kit... let's hope the concept spreads!!

blake

Back