• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCAF Leather Jacket (merged discussion and mocking)

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Caught this on Combat Camera; is Comd RCAF wearing the "CANEX" leather jacket that I've heard rumours of?

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_eng.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=61389&site=combatcamera

Dimsum said:
Caught this on Combat Camera; is Comd RCAF wearing the "CANEX" leather jacket that I've heard rumours of?

http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_eng.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=61389&site=combatcamera
If so, nice to see the front-liners getting new kit first.  Oh, wait ....

milnews.ca said:
If so, nice to see the front-liners getting new kit first.  Oh, wait ....

No, you were right, he is after all on the front lines of the PR and Bureaucratic wars.

I like how the rank is right next to his first name.

Get Nautical said:
Should be brown with fur/fake fur collar, then I would give a thumbs up.

Sheepskin lining. :nod:

At least it answers the question whether we will be able to wear it with operational clothing instead of just DEUs  >:D

Get a few more velcro bits for Sqn, airframe and other patches, and it's good to go.

That not vinyl, it's naugahyde.  This means that the nauga is not extinct.  This is very great news.  It was rumoured that the great nauga kill off during the recovering of the CFB Gagetown Officers Mess furniture in '97 had lead to the extinction of the nauga.  Great news indeed that the CF will be able to continue harvesting naugas.  I think naugas are the key to great CF boot shortage; nauga boots for everyone.  We could help out our poorer provinces by setting up nauga farms if the demand is there!

Naugahyde_Advertisement.png

It needs to be in CADPAT like the combat gloves.

Loachman said:
It needs to be in CADPAT like the combat gloves.

Do and every Army general will be running around in the field with one on!!!!!  And a pearl handle S&W besides!!!!

I  can see them now getting dusty on the racks at CANEX like the new windbreaker no one is buying for $99.00. Perhaps when they are marked down to 95% off I might get one for someone I don't like as a gift. 

recceguy said:
But is available to everyone yet?

If not, it fits the comment.

No idea.  Regardless, it is not an issued item so if the CAS purchased it out of pocket...who cares?  He got his new mess kit before I was able to buy mine.  I didn't need a Hurt Feelings Report.

I guess it's a good thing anyone, such as the CA Comd or RSM, wouldn't wear things not all the troops have.  I bet those slip-ons aren't "CANEX purchased".

8495996524_87b8625900_o.jpg

;)

I have no issue with Comd RCAF wearing it "first". My issue with it is that it is f****** ugly. Who designs this stuff? Do they intentionally make it look like s***? I could probably go to Danier leather or surf eBay and get something that looks better/more air force flying jacket like than that.

Back