• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCAF Leather Jacket (merged discussion and mocking)

From CANFORGEN 011/17:

Glad the metal rank badge idiocy has been stopped.  Now to actually have a jacket that doesn't look ridiculous and cost $400 that you can't actually wear flying...

RCAF LEATHER JACKET RANK INSIGNIA - THE RCAF IS CURRENTLY DEVELOPING A FABRIC VELCRO FASTENING SLIP-ON TO REPLACE THE METAL RANK INSIGNIA PINS. ALL RCAF MEMBERS WILL TRANSITION TO THIS NEW ACCOUTREMENT NLT 1 JULY 2017 WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE AT NO COST TO MEMBERS. FURTHER DIRECTION WILL BE PROVIDED CONCERNING THE DISTRIBUTION OF THESE ITEMS PRIOR TO THE TRANSITION DEADLINE. THIS WILL BE CONSIDERED AN INTERIM MEASURE AS THE RCAF IS WORKING WITH THE CANEX TO MODIFY THE EXISTING JACKET DESIGN TO INCORPORATE A SNAP DOWN EPAULETTE WHICH WILL PERMIT THE USE OF EXISTING DEU SLIP-ONS. THE WEARING OF THE EXISTING RANK INSIGNIA PINS WILL NO LONGER BE AUTHORIZED EFFECTIVE 1 JULY 2017

Dimsum said:
From CANFORGEN 011/17:

Glad the metal rank badge idiocy has been stopped.  Now to actually have a jacket that doesn't look as ridiculous and cost $400 that because you can't actually wear flying...

;D

RCAF LEATHER JACKET RANK INSIGNIA - THE RCAF IS CURRENTLY DEVELOPING A FABRIC VELCRO FASTENING SLIP-ON TO REPLACE THE METAL RANK INSIGNIA PINS. ALL RCAF MEMBERS WILL TRANSITION TO THIS NEW ACCOUTREMENT NLT 1 JULY 2017 WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE AT NO COST TO MEMBERS. FURTHER DIRECTION WILL BE PROVIDED CONCERNING THE DISTRIBUTION OF THESE ITEMS PRIOR TO THE TRANSITION DEADLINE. THIS WILL BE CONSIDERED AN INTERIM MEASURE AS THE RCAF IS WORKING WITH THE CANEX TO MODIFY THE EXISTING JACKET DESIGN TO INCORPORATE A SNAP DOWN EPAULETTE WHICH WILL PERMIT THE USE OF EXISTING DEU SLIP-ONS. THE WEARING OF THE EXISTING RANK INSIGNIA PINS WILL NO LONGER BE AUTHORIZED EFFECTIVE 1 JULY 2017

Anyone want to bet that the replacement system won't be fully available by 1 Jul 17?

Almost 2(?) years since the introduction of the new rank and badges, many of us still only have one pair of dress slip ons due to shortages. And the vast majority of personnel under LCol/Col are still wearing the old style gold thread wimgs and occupational half-wings. When I asked the local tailor about 6 months ago when we could expect to see the new badges, she was not exactly optimistic. So the uniform hodge podge for we minions continues. I dream of a Remembrance Day 10 years from now when all RCAF members on parade finally have all the appropriate uniform parts that were rolled out (with much leadership fanfare) years before.

Dreadful all-around execution of these initiatives.

Cue the rumours of the re-introduction of the RCAF forage cap...

Yes, the Wings that we are told at supply aren't in the system yet...are being worn by some special folks at various Wings and locations.  If they aren't available, how the fuck do people have them??

Why are our snr leaders wearing things their subordinates aren't able to get yet?  Is it really the way to do things, walking around with your I'm a special snowflake badges in front of all your subordinates as say, a Wing Commander?  Or, even worse IMO...a Wing CWO??  I guess being a special snowflake is more important that making sure your people have things before you have them at the top.

Why the RCAF didn't wait until it had all the bits and pieces (Battle of Britain anniversary was the reason I heard) before issuing ANY of it...but hey, as long as all our leaders have the LCF stuff... :whistle:

Meanwhile, when I did my first IMPACT roto, I had to buy nametags and wings because there wasn't any to be had at supply.  ::)

bigzoomie said:
Cue the rumours of the re-introduction of the RCAF forage cap...

Great.  Now you said it...

The-Good-Idea-Fairy-3.jpg

Back