• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NCD Ballcaps

I have a "Navy" ballcap that was given to me by the PAFO when I was doing some interviews WRT the work my team and I did for the Public Gardens after Hurricane Juan.  Only wore it the once as I don't wear hats unless I have to.

Last time I was in Norfolk, I actually got a few hats and sweats that say just NAVY on them. No offence to any francophones but sometimes plain NAVY is good.
Very &$@*&^ funny Pegcity!
I was not involved in the Manitoba Flood Relief but I would not be at all surprised if those hats came from the US Navy. Most of ours is bilingual.
I get an awful lot of unique looks on my noon walks down town wearing my "Naval Engineering School" ball cap - I generally get 'the nod' from fellow sailors or vets - I don't think anyone else quite knows what to make of it!!!

Interesting point here, when I sail as CFNES staff with students with our "Naval Engineering School" ball caps, thed Cox'n each time (6 ships since I've had the job) have given us ship's ball caps. I personally, stick with the NES one.

Ill check out the naval museum at the reserves here in next time im downtown and see if they sell a navy cap. I seem to remember they had some for sale at the gift shop.

Very likely in some of the more 'obscure' places. If I am not mistaken, when I was out west last summer, the Esquimalt Military Museum had a cap that had just "Navy" on it too.
CANEX is getting a little better but I find that some of the really good stuff is in individual ship's canteens. I think if some company started making even some of the older vessels to sell through CANEX, they would most definately sell. I think all of us have a relative who served on a previous ship.

One of the reasons you may not find ship's ball caps at Canex is because the ships themselves protest it.  Ball caps and other crested items are big money makers for ships' canteens, which in turn provide the money for the Ships' Funds.  The sale of ships' ball caps through Canex cuts into ships' profits as Canex does not royalties to them.

Another thing to consider is that most people who have a ship's ball cap have some connection with the ship, having either served in it, visited it or have had a connection with someone on board.  In all of those cases, the most likely source of the cap would be the ship itself.  I would argue that the number of people going to Canex to buy ships' ball caps would be very small.  After all which Blue Jays ball cap would be more valuable to someone, the one they bought at Zellers or the one the bought at the stadium?

Pegcity said:
Maybe because we don't have a navy we have Maritime Command  ;D

Funny how many serving sailors who do the business everyday would disagree with you.

I was joking. I was at NOAB i agree i never heard a single person refer to Maritime Command.

Back