• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Hey Ironduke57 you actually may have it, it is a Eisna MM1A mechanical mule, but that may be the Spanish name for a Fox 1.5D but is it originally a German design?  Anyone know?

Duke,

Yours is all wrong!  There's no trailer.  It can't possibly be the same.

;)

NS

(just kidding ok...)

Mud said:
Hey Ironduke57 you actually may have it, it is a Eisna MM1A mechanical mule, but that may be the Spanish name for a Fox 1.5D but is it originally a German design?  Anyone know?

I think your souce mislabeled it as this one is the MM-1A:
- http://www.revistanaval.com/armada/tear/mm1a.htm

And as far as my source go it is not in anyway related to us.

@NavyShooter  :threat: ;)

Okay what have we here:
1280_3638666337633734.jpg

Regards,
ironduke57

Look at the barrel. Does that really look like an 100mm cannon? Look at the roadwheels/tracks. Look they if they are from an T-34(On which the SU-100(and SU-85,too) are based on.) No, no SU-100. ;)

Regards,
ironduke57

No it’s not the SU 76i (Aka the SU121), it had 6 road wheels and the one in the photo has five, and the shape of the jury rigged armoured box on the SU76i was slightly different, not as high or boxy.  Also not the SU 76m obviously, nor the SU 122.

I first thought it may be the SU 152 but doesn’t quite match, nor not the ISU -152 nor the less known SU 14 or ISU 130

That exhausts both my less than complete knowledge of Soviet Assault Guns and Google-fu. I admit I’m stumped.

SU-76i, SU-76m, SU-122, SU-152, ISU-152, SU-14, ISU-130? 7xNo. ;)

All are to big.

Regards,
ironduke57

I think you're right. I thought that slim barrel might have been the Soviet 57mm anti tank gun, but I wasn't aware they built any Assault gun versions of it, just the towed one and a coupl of hundred T-34/57 tank hunter versions.

http://www.battlefield.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=43

Back