• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Right,

Got the name wrong, it's Samson not Sampson...and really the Samson is the name given to the FV106 not the FV434.

Was I close enough?  :D

Edit because I'm a mong and cant complete sentences...

AmmoTech90 said:
Right,

Got the name wrong, it's Samson not Sampson...and really the Samson is the name given to the FV106 version of Alvis.

Was I close enough?  :D

Yeah I'll give it to you.

You're up now.

The vehicle shouldn't be problem for the experts here...name the missile for full points!

Edit- by that I mean vehicle and missile...

Are we allowed to search the internet to name these weapon systems??? I didn't even notice this thread..good thread.

ronny,
you can use whatever search tool you want to find the answer...
Many of us have our own personal libraries others surf the net - the fun is in the search

Enjoy!

CHIMO!

AmmoTech90 said:
The vehicle shouldn't be problem for the experts here...name the missile for full points!

Edit- by that I mean vehicle and missile...

Vigilant on Ferret.

Regards,
ironduke57

Okay what have we here:
1280_3233663732313633.jpg

Shouldn´t be too hard.

Regards,
ironduke57

Sweet Jesus, she is HUGE! Thats not just the angle is it? That thing is actually that massive isnt it? wow.
And the ferret? I had no idea they did that. Wouldnt have the thought the little bugger would be able to support that much weight.

Fixint the turret onto a Ferret was one thing we didn't do over here but, we did mount some with the SS11B ATGM.

Played around with the simulator while it was still around..... quite the arcade game - gawd but you had to get control of the rocket from the get go.... else it was up, up and awaaaaay!!!

We had the turret on our later ferrets, but we definately didnt have a massive arse missle hanging off the roof!
They'r a great little vehicle from what i've seen and experianced while playing around with them. We had an SSM in the Regiment who used to get really passionate and say we should still be using them or at least a varient of them. He loved the little things.
Sorry to stray you all off course.

No worries Hale.
The Ferret was a nice compact piece of Kit. Fast, quiet, agile and able to get outa trouble as quickly as it got into it.  The key thing that required adapting to was the steering wheel that was mounted "above" instead of forward.... odd

Ok,

Here's my go at things, it's probably an easy one, and since I'm way out of my lane here, I'll stand by for the return fire.

So, here goes.

tank.jpg

I'm smashing my head against the desk! I know this, its German but i cant figure it out!

Edit: YES! K-Wagen / Kolossal-Wagen / Grosskampfwagen Super Heavy Breakthrough Tank
http://www.achtungpanzer.com/1stpzs.htm

The power of google, its evil but faster then finding a book that is MIA somewhere in this house

Not bad....took a total of 8:33 to get that one....I guess I need to find more obscure sources to play this game with you guys.

NavyShooter

Back