• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP Reserves education requirements?

Law & Order said:
It probably will be a hassel, because everything in the army is.  The recruitment centre Downtown sometimes likes to boost the numbers of the local infantry units because they need their numbers up, or thats how it seems. 

Phew, just got back from CFRC ottawa. I explained my recruiter my situation and he said everything should be fine because I did qualify for the MP Res on my CFAT.

Got the official signed memo from my CoC.

As of December 2010 the entry requirements are now the same for regular and reserve MPs.

My apologies to George Lucas but, "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if tens of voices cried out in despair on suddenly being unable to apply to their chosen trade. I fear something terrible has happened."

I know why and I know the hope of what this is going to accomplish but I have yet to hear anyone explain where you guys are going to get your recruits from now.  I think, as a minimum, there should be a caveat that pers enrolled in, and undertaking, a recognized program should be allowed to join with the caveat that if they drop out of the program without completing it, they're gone.

garb811 said:
My apologies to George Lucas but, "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if tens of voices cried out in despair on suddenly being unable to apply to their chosen trade. I fear something terrible has happened."

I know why and I know the hope of what this is going to accomplish but I have yet to hear anyone explain where you guys are going to get your recruits from now.  I think, as a minimum, there should be a caveat that pers enrolled in, and undertaking, a recognized program should be allowed to join with the caveat that if they drop out of the program without completing it, they're gone.

We'll see what happens, not too sure how this will work out, but As of now you're looking at 2 years before any NEW MP's are trade qualified minimum, assuming they're BMQ ad SQ qual'ed, as that is the length of the reserve package now.  Wait and Shoot.

Dissident said:
Got the official signed memo from my CoC.

As of December 2010 the entry requirements are now the same for regular and reserve MPs.

So that means police foundation is now required for reserve MP as well?

garb811 said:

Agreed. But I heard it bantered before: One trade, one standard, one badge.

Now, why would someone join the reserve when they can go reg force? There is no real reason too.

Maybe if someone gets defered on the MPAC they could join the reserve and redo the MPAC after phase 2 of the trg to get their badge if they pass it then? I find this a pretty bad idea as a reservist because it would mean we would be saddled with people who have failed the standard and the associations made would probably be less then flattering.

Hey, this is all pretty groovy for me though. I passed my MPAC, did my 6A last summer. Getting the badge this summer after phase 2. I'm at the right place at the right time. there is no real drawback for my career. Reserve WO's (And sgt's to a certain extent) are getting the short end of the stick.

And it will take a looooong time before we have well manned platoon in my neck of the woods. 15 MP Coy is going to be short manned for a while too. Unless we can somehow convice local LEOs to join en masse, which is rather unlikely.

Dissident said:
And it will take a looooong time before we have well manned platoon in my neck of the woods. 15 MP Coy is going to be short manned for a while too. Unless we can somehow convice local LEOs to join en masse, which is rather unlikely.

I know fear that this will be the demise of the Res MP.  I fail to see how we are going to be able successfully recruit enough qualified and suitable candidates to sustain even something as small as a Sect(-) given the recruiting and retention problems Res MP units face already. 

This should probably be a subject for another thread:

My platoon was doing fine. I had take to saying lately that we were very close to achieving critical mass, we had the beginning of a great NCO core. There was no recruiting problem, we were told to stop recruiting as our numbers were top up. Calgary and Winnipeg were not doing as well, or so I hear, but it is nothing a couple of year of good training  could not have changed.

What I saw when we joined 1 MP Unit was an almost complete erosion of our training. 3-4 years ago we were going into the field more than once a month on average. Last year I think we went twice.

Sure, people complain about the field sucking, but no one joins the army to sit around on Wednesday nights. But anyways, enough of that tangent.

garb811 said:
I know fear that this will be the demise of the Res MP.  I fail to see how we are going to be able successfully recruit enough qualified and suitable candidates to sustain even something as small as a Sect(-) given the recruiting and retention problems Res MP units face already.

Agreed...looking back it seems that we may have been better off being ingored a second thought to the branch. All of this attention is getting to be too much.
Some thoughts and queries we had:

Once the first Phase 1 summer training has been completed is there a plan to increase the number of positions on each follow on Phase 1 summer training? I haven't seen one has anyone?

At the proposed rate of 16 positions for each MPU per training cycle, with zero growth and zero attrition it will take 2 MPU alone 9 years to train our current complement of soldiers; based on 48 soldiers for each of 31, 32 and 33 MP PLs.

Rationale:

·        2010/2011 - 16 soldiers on PH1DL/Summer Trg 2011 (2 MPU).  48 soldiers on PH1DL/Summer Trg 2011 in total (1,2, and 3 MPU);

·        2011/2012 - 16 soldiers on PH1DL/Summer Trg 2012 (2 MPU).  48 soldiers on PH1DL/Summer trg 2012 in total nationally.  In addition there will be 48 soldiers enrolled in PH2DL/Summer trg 2012;

·        2012/2013 - 16 soldiers on PH1DL/Summer Trg 2013 (2 MPU).  48 soldiers on PH1DL/Summer trg 2013 in total nationally.  In addition there will be 48 soldiers enrolled in PH2DL/Summer trg 2013.

Graduate Breakdown:

·        2012 - 48 Soldiers will graduate PRes F MP QL3 with a badge.  16 from 2 MPU.  All of which will be fully employable/badgeable.

·        2012 - 16 soldiers will graduate Ph1 DL/Summer trg.  Limited employability.

·        2013 – Total number of potential graduates is 96 nationally, 32 from 2 MPU.

·        2014 – Total number of potential graduates is 144 nationally, 48 from 2 MPU.

2 MPU:

By the end of 2014 (fourth training cycle) a projected maximum of 16 personnel will have been trained per platoon at the current/proposed output.  The purpose of this is not to show the obvious but to ensure that the numbers are clearly illustrated from the onset.

Anyways all that to say we have our marching orders and hell or high water I'm going to try and make this work

Back