• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP Reserves education requirements?

anton

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I've tried finding this answer everywhere but i cant. Anyway, my friend said he joined the MP Reserves (33rd MP Platoon in Ottawa). However, he still is in grade 12 without a high school diploma. BUT...I was under the impression that you need at least a 2 year college diploma in something related to policing or security (i.e. police foundations). Can anyone tell me the official formal education requirements for joining the MP RES?

(I tried calling the platoon and leaving a msg, they never got back to me)

The reason no one replied is that there is no one there at the moment. All daystaff - one Master Jack has been sent off to the hinterlands as an instr.
Best bet is to try again nowish or wait untill Sept.
Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Cheers

From the 2 MP Coy Web page found at http://www.2mpcoy.com/

To be eligible for enrolment, you must:

Meet Canadian citizenship requirements;
Be 17 years of age;
Have obtained at least 15 credits in high school; 
Meet Canadian Forces medical standards;
Meet the Canadian Forces Physical  Standards; and 
Must be free of legal and financial difficulties.

WATCHDOG-81 said:
From the 2 MP Coy Web page found at http://www.2mpcoy.com/

To be eligible for enrolment, you must:

Meet Canadian citizenship requirements;
Be 17 years of age;
Have obtained at least 15 credits in high school; 
Meet Canadian Forces medical standards;
Meet the Canadian Forces Physical  Standards; and 
Must be free of legal and financial difficulties.

Hmmm..I dunno. Their site seems so outdated. And Im also not sure if those are the specific req's for the RES MP.

anton said:
Hmmm..I dunno. Their site seems so outdated. And Im also not sure if those are the specific req's for the RES MP.

Well when you get in maybe you can update their site.  In the meantime those are the requirements for a Res MP and in Sept you can call them and start the application process.

Actually I already am in the process. Done my CFAT. They're almost done my security/background checks.

anton said:

You just had an MP tell you that those are the requirments. What more do you want?

anton said:
Actually I already am in the process. Done my CFAT. They're almost done my security/background checks.

Good luck to you

anton said:

You've been informed by a CF Recruitment Officer, a Serving MP and your in the Process, "WHAT" ! are you jerking us around.

If your planning a carear in the MP, I'd suggest you fly a lot straighter.

Jesus christ...what is with all this negative/aggressive response? You guys seriously need to chill and cool down.

anton said:
Jesus christ...what is with all this negative/aggressive response? You guys seriously need to chill and cool down.
As an MP you'll have to learn to deal with aggressive people, and maybe you could take into consideration next time that there are people such as Padres on this board who would take offence to your choice in language.
Good luck

anton said:

Maybe this is the time you should be spending reflecting on your career choice, is this really the best one for you.  You seem to have some attitude to lose as well as a language/manners problem.

big bad john said:
Maybe this is the time you should be spending reflecting on your career choice, is this really the best one for you.  You seem to have some attitude to lose as well as a language/manners problem.

ANd this isn't an attitude problem??

If your planning a carear in the MP, I'd suggest you fly a lot straighter.

Max

Seriously, folks - since when is an MP with an attitude problem been an issue in this branch?  ;D  ???  :dontpanic:

anton said:

Because your original post and inquiry indicated that it was a genuine legitimate question.

Several more than qualified members paid you the courtesy of replying and answering your question.

At this point, you doubted their answers and facts of these experienced members.

Then as a climax, you inform everybody your already in the system, which indicates you are/or was fully aware of CF Requirements and procedures.

This may all seem quite trivial to you and could be attributed to your youthfulness and inexperience. Correction is the answer not Indignity and Offense.

captjtq said:
Seriously, folks - since when is an MP with an attitude problem been an issue in this branch?  ;D  ???  :dontpanic:

Nuh Uh, No attitude here...it must be you... nyaah nyaah  ;D

Seriously,

Anton, Stop by in Sept and we'll be glad to answer any questions.

Cheers

andpro said:
As an MP you'll have to learn to deal with aggressive people, and maybe you could take into consideration next time that there are people such as Padres on this board who would take offence to your choice in language.
Good luck

Ya cuz people don't swear in the military  ::)

I don't believe that everyone here quite understands my situation. And sorry for doubting the members that were trying to help me out here. I didnt know they were MPs (afterall, I havent been on this board for a long time).

My original desire was to join the MP reserves. However, I heard from someone in the army that you need a college diploma in order to enroll. I'm still in high school, so I thought I couldnt. So instead, I chose the Infantry Res (CH of O). Now, Im currently in the application process (Done my CFAT, almost done background/security checks), and just found out I DONT need a college diploma for the MP RES.

So now Im currently in the process of trying to switch my career choice to MP RES on my application file. I hope it won't be a hassle or anything for my recruiter, especially if this mistake is on my part.

It probably will be a hassel, because everything in the army is.  The recruitment centre Downtown sometimes likes to boost the numbers of the local infantry units because they need their numbers up, or thats how it seems. 

Back