• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistics Officer - Sea [Merged]

Thanks tips!

You can worry about your life...and I'll worry about mine.

Don't remember asking for your opinion, but thanks for offering it anyways.

Ok ok - called the RC and made my MARS merit listing inactive. Explained I will wait for logO

secondchance,

Thanks for bringing this up. I had been selected by the Board, but a job offer could not be made at the time. I don't want to get into the specifics, but it was because of no shortcoming on my part.

Yes, it was a mistake on my part to put down HCA as a choice. I take full ownership of my mistake for causing the extra work to the staff involved. I had been trying to convince myself that HCA was also an occupation I was interested in. However, when I stopped trying to convince myself and just listened to my heart - the answer was crystal clear.

I hope this clears the air.

Dear guys Allgunzblazing,Stacked,Seawolf ,
I like all of you and I respect all your opinion.Everybody is right with his opinion.
But we are all humane and sometimes we made mistakes or did something what we were not sure during making decisions.
I just wanted to say we don't have to judge each others.
In my life I did mistake when I did my VR last year. I also take full ownership of my mistake for doing VR.
We learn from our mistake and try not making the same in future. Sorry if my post disturbed you.

Stacked said:
Don't select a trade full-knowlingy you're going to reject it if you're offered it.. You all know how the selection boards work by now.. They sift through applicants and select suitable ones. 
So they select you and you reject it... and knew you'd turn it down long ago.  WHY do that?  Puts un neccesary strain on the system, then everyone complains how slow it is... :/  :2c:
+100%

Hi everyone,

I have not posted anything here in like a decade.

I have applied for a naval logistics officer position as  primary reserve.

Had an interview with the commanding officer and He okayed it. After that I signed a conditional offer of employment with my naval reserve unit.
My file was sent to CFRC Hamilton and my references told me that they got calls for reference checking.

I still have not received a call for a CFAT, medical etc. I called Hamilton and they said they will call me when it is my turn??

I have few questions :

1. For those that went through naval reserves officer recruiting..how long it take?

2. What is naval reserves officer training like?

3. What is logistics officer training like?

4. Any other info that might help me.....

Thanks all!

biggie786 said:
Hi everyone,
I have not posted anything here in like a decade.
I have applied for a naval logistics officer position as  primary reserve.
Had an interview with the commanding officer and He okayed it. After that I signed a conditional offer of employment with my naval reserve unit.
My file was sent to CFRC Hamilton and my references told me that they got calls for reference checking.
I still have not received a call for a CFAT, medical etc. I called Hamilton and they said they will call me when it is my turn??
I have few questions :
1. For those that went through naval reserves officer recruiting..how long it take?
2. What is naval reserves officer training like?
3. What is logistics officer training like?
4. Any other info that might help me.....
Thanks all!

Your's is not a common question and there's probably not many NAVRES Officers lurking about here.  But I will try to give you at least something:
1.  The recruiting process is pretty much "driven" by the unit you are applying at.  The supporting CFRC will NOT process you, until the unit "tells" them to.  So the unit Recruiter should be able to pick up the phone, call the CFRC and tell them they need "Mr X" processed ASAP.
2.  No idea, you would have to talk to someone from the unit.
3.  Many many courses to take.  Not sure how NAVRES trains their people but chances are, most of your Log O trg will be done at CFLTC Borden.

So don't be shy, go down to STAR on a parade night and talk to the officers in the unit.  I am sure they will be happy to answer your questions.

Your lucky day to ask that question. As a NAVRES Log O, here's what the current situation is once you're enrolled:

Summer 1 - BMOQ and NETP-O (this may change, I'll explain later)
Summer 2 - NAVRES LogO Phase 3 Mod 1 or Mod 2 (2 months at Quebec)
Summer 3 - NAVRES LogO Phase 3 Mod 2 or Mod 1 (2 Months at Quebec)

They currently offer the Phase 3 mods in alternating years, IE: one year Administration, transport and foods, the other year Finance.

There is some scuttlebutt that there may be a change to the NETP-O where you will attend part of the MARS Phase 2 at the end of BMOQ. There's also some suggestion that the LogO trg may be amalgamated with the RegF programme and moved to Borden, or conversely may be more employment focused so that you would only train as you gain experience and are moved into the appropriate job at your unit. The thought is that getting 2-3 months of each summer is somewhat challenging for LogO as they tend to be older and already employed.

BMOQ = Basic Military Officer Qualification
NETP-O = Naval Environmental Training Program - Officers
MARS = Maritime Surface/Subsurface (Officer)

That's all I can think of for now.

That is great info...thanks...

Can you tell me how long is bmoQ and netpo each..and whether they are done one after another? If possible i would like to complete all logo courses in winter instead of waiting till next summer.

Thanks again

BMOQ is 10 weeks, NETP-O is 2 weeks. The generally run consecutively. It is not possible to train in the winter, nor to do the LogO courses all at once. The Phase 3 Mod 1 is offered one summer, Mod 2 another. There is no requirement to complete Mod 1 before Mod 2 as they are essentially stand alone courses that combine for the full qualification.

Expect a minimum of 3 summers worth of training from enrollment to full qualification - not counting your OJT year(s) at your unit which is actually Phase 4.

Thanks.

What do you find yourself working on during Sept-May months?

I currently do not have another job which is why i asking about doing them all together one after another. It will be difficult to get out
for two months after I start working a civil job. Dont think I will be able to survive alone on LogO salary unless I get a type B contract...

biggie786 said:
Also, how hard is naval BMOQ? is it same as regular force BMOQ?

Basic is basic... I haven't done it in 35 years. What you need to remember is that all basic training is designed to take you from a less regimented and orderly lifestyle where you think mostly about yourself, and move to to a more orderly lifestyle where you think about the team and your contribution to it. Rebels will find it hard, the adaptable will find it less so.

Hi ModlrMike

Do you or anyone else know the updated training road map for naval reserves Logistics officer training. I have to be loaded on to the BMOQ and there is confusion on what will come next this summer? will I be going to Borden for LOGISTICS Phase 3 mod 1/2 or will I be staying back and attending Mars phase 2 with Mars officers? If you can point me in right direction I will really appreciate it.

Thanks.

biggie786 said:
Hi ModlrMike

Do you or anyone else know the updated training road map for naval reserves Logistics officer training. I have to be loaded on to the BMOQ and there is confusion on what will come next this summer? will I be going to Borden for LOGISTICS Phase 3 mod 1/2 or will I be staying back and attending Mars phase 2 with Mars officers? If you can point me in right direction I will really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Okay, so you're either a "MARS" Officer or a "Logistics" Officer but you can't be both.  Log O's, don't do MARS trg.....

Back