• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistics Officer - Sea [Merged]

Not good news if that's the fact.  I'll have to hope that my prior service and interview place me high up on the merit list once I'm there.

Good luck to all of you as well.

SentryMAn said:
Not good news if that's the fact.  I'll have to hope that my prior service and interview place me high up on the merit list once I'm there.

Good luck to all of you as well.
In your profile you wrote Military Experience:ph 3.
Does it mean that you are not going to Basic Training in CFLRS? 

secondchance said:
In your profile you wrote Military Experience:ph 3.
Does it mean that you are not going to Basic Training in CFLRS?

He VR'd on or after his Phase 3 training. He may or may not get a BMOQ bypass if he's accepted again.

I was told in my interview Tuesday it's 9 spots actually - not 10.

I was reserve Air, spent 15 weeks at CFLRS, then did 6 weeks at LOCC(Ph 3) in Borden then 2 weeks at Ph2 in Winnipeg
I made a hard decision at the time to exit the military(VR) for civi work that looked good.  Turns out that was a bad decision and since I've been looking to rejoin.

I'll re-do BMOQ if they say I have to, but it was only in 2009 I completed and graduated so I've been told it's good for up to 5 years.

Best of luck to everyone waiting on selection.

seawolf said:
I was told in my interview Tuesday it's 9 spots actually - not 10.
Ops,
It is interesting how many applicants and if there  is big competition ?

For most DEO trades, its 9 spots. I was looking through the information sheet on the recruiters desk last week.

I hope you mean "with the recruiter knowing I was", vice "I did it when he/she was doing XYZ, they left it out on their desk".

So, folk. This week will be Selection Board for LOG Officer.
First of all good luck for all of you. I wished to write "for of all us" but my file is in process (previous service check ). I am waiting for medical and interview.
Is it true if I am not merit listed till this selection board I can not be selected till next which will be after in till Aprill 2013 (next financial year)?
Is there only one selection board per year ? Thanks

I was in before the deadline I think with a complete interview/application.  one week later I was contacted about doing a prior learning assessment for my prior service. 

I haven't received any contact since that point and when I went to the CFRC here it was closed for professional development days(last week).

I'm hoping that there is good news when I stop in this week.

I'm still waiting for my medical file to come back from review in Ottawa, so have not yet had any interviews. I'm not optimistic about making this selection, but I've waited this long, have to take it as it comes.

Hi Guys,

I am almost done my Political Science Degree and really interested in the Log Officer trade. Unfortunately, degrees in (Business or Public Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Transportation Management, Food Services/Hotel/ Resort/Hospitality and Tourism Management/ Administration or Nutrition, Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management, or Supply Chain Management)...are preferred. When they use the term PREFERRED, what are my chances of getting in? I will greatly appreciate your feedback, thanks!

It isn't impossible but will be pretty hard over the next few years.  We were just talking about this on yesterday with a fairly large sampling of Log Os.  Every Log O on course that came in the last few year or so all were required to have preferred degrees.  Whereas only a few years ago any degree seemed to do.

Like we tell all people though, your local CFRC will have better info.

Anecdote: I was told that while LogO does have preferred degrees, any degree is acceptable (mine is in Comp Sci and was told it was fine.)

MMSS said:
Anecdote: I was told that while LogO does have preferred degrees, any degree is acceptable (mine is in Comp Sci and was told it was fine.)
But bear in mind that Reg F Logistics is an in-demand trade these days, in that it is close to full with many trained, experienced reservists wait-listed to component transfer in to it. Just like any job, the people with the most relevant education qualifications and experience will be hired first.

Kanoga said:
Hi Guys,

I am almost done my Political Science Degree and really interested in the Log Officer trade. Unfortunately, degrees in (Business or Public Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Transportation Management, Food Services/Hotel/ Resort/Hospitality and Tourism Management/ Administration or Nutrition, Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management, or Supply Chain Management)...are preferred. When they use the term PREFERRED, what are my chances of getting in? I will greatly appreciate your feedback, thanks!

If someone has a preferred/ideal degree and you do not, then they will probably be choosen over you. 

Well I'm finally merit listed for LogO - happened last Wednesday (Sept 19th)... I guess better late then never...

Now to do more hurry up and wait....probably til next year.

I have an update interview next week to add HCA (Health Care Administration Officer) to my choices as well.

Back