• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JTF-2/Airborne destined for land north of Trenton?

I just wanted to know if the info on the plane (listed as now with the cadets) meant that this is the same plane that is in the 2nd photo - to help with the date... nevermind though I guess.

muffin said:
I just wanted to know if the info on the plane (listed as now with the cadets) meant that this is the same plane that is in the 2nd photo

Yes.

Getting back on topic. Someone said earlier is 200 additional acres enough to train and support JTF2. First off, I "suspect" it will be more of a housing facility (for the unit not the troops) and there will probably have some of their high tech/minimal space required ranges.

I am guessing here but I see my crystal ball telling me that that the Dwyer Hill ninjas will continue to train across the country and in foreign countries.

Just guessing thats all, no OPSEC violated here as I have nothing to do with the unit.

Petawawa would still be feasible for any maneuver training that Unit may want to do.

ArmyRick said:
I am guessing here but I see my crystal ball telling me that that the Dwyer Hill ninjas will continue to train across the country and in foreign countries.

Kinda like what the rest of the CF does ?

JTF2 is not a "maneuver" unit like an infantry battalion or an armoured regiment. I think your mistaking maneuver and tactical movement as one and the same. They are a spec ops unit.

Geee thanks tips.....

How about I change Maneuver to Mobility...... ::)

"maneuver tng" would that be like a mounted advance to contact?

Sounds right.

I can only imagine that most of the boys  must be pretty dissapointed with having to move to Trenton, from Ottawa??
I've never been to Ottawa, but heard its a great city.  I've been to Trenton.  'shudders' :-\

TangoHotel said:
  I can only imagine that most of the boys  must be pretty dissapointed with having to move to Trenton, from Ottawa??
I've never been to Ottawa, but heard its a great city.  I've been to Trenton.  'shudders' :-\

Too be honest.  Belleville and Kingston are just down the road.  Centrally located between Toronto and Montreal, and Ottawa and Ft Drum/Watertown.  Easy access to Rail, Air and Road links. 

With new additions to the Base, comes development in the Town. 

No more Government Secretaries.  More Country Girls.  Means a change in lifestyle, if any one had a life.  ;D 

George Wallace said:
...With new additions to the Base, comes development in the Town. 

How will that go over with the local business development interests?  Someone once told me that there was a kind of unspoken control by a number of parties over letting too much development occur in Trenton, not quite Amish, but certainly not breaking down doors to grow too quickly.

I have lived in Trenton most of my life 23 years and counting  .  I have heard of Rumours about the Down Town better business burrow blocking development that lead from people doing business in the down town corps .  I have no idea if this was ever true but you heard about it from time to time from other locals who have been in the area there whole lives  .        I think when Walmart moved in that changed everything sense than  companies like  Tele Tech and Durham contact center have moved in  other stores have expanded and from what I here from my Coworkers apparently when Cosco is coming I don't know when but that's what people are saying any how . 

Its the same way up here in NWO. Small town attitudes towards a more prosperous possible influx of money that would not have been there if not for the government, in what ever form it will take on(ie.. forces troops, and alot of 'em). The downtown BBB is concerned that the new business' will rob the core businesses of revenue and force them to play ball that they have no idea of. It takes them out of their comfort zone. These soldiers will be the best thing this town has seen in a long time.Ubique

JTF2 land deal close: McKay
Posted By Ernst Kuglin, QMI Agency Posted 2 hours ago
Article Link

The federal government may be close to wrapping up a land deal to make way for a secretive commando unit at CFB Trenton.

"We have advanced the file to near completion,'' Defence Minister Peter MacKay has told QMI Agency.

But members of a local farm family say they have heard nothing from the government in recent months on attempts to purchase their land.

The Meyers family has lived on the Meyers Creek Road farm for more than 200 years. — it was given to Belleville pioneer John Meyers for dedication to the Crown, say his decendants. The government wants to purchase the 230-acre property.

National Defence requires about 990 acres north and west of the base to construct a new training facility for the special operations commando unit known as Joint Task Force 2. Construction of the facility has been estimated at about $300 million.

Negotiations with property owners have been ongoing since 2006.

Frank Meyers, who has refused to sell the family farm, may now face expropriation.

But MacKay said expropriation is a last resort.

"We are negotiating in good faith and with as much transparency as possible,'' said MacKay, who was at CFB Trenton last Friday for the arrival of the first of 17 new Hercules C-130J aircraft.

MacKay said there is a strategic advantage to having the commando unit stationed at CFB Trenton.

The sprawling Air Force base supplies the backbone of the defence department's strategic and tactical airlift capability.

Expropriation is politically motivated and forceful confiscation and redistribution of private property outside the common law.

Unlike eminent domain or laws regulating the foreign investment, expropriation takes place outside the common law and is the socially-motivated confiscations of any property rather than confiscations of real estate. The term appears as "expropriation of expropriators (ruling classes)" in marxist theory, or as slogan "Loot the looters!", very popular during Russian October Revolution [1]

The term is often used to describe nationalization campaigns by communist states, such as dekulakization and collectivization in the USSR [2], and as some form of justification for robberies by revolutionaries, such as by Joseph Stalin and Kamo in the Russian Empire [3].

According to the traditional interpretation of Marxism all large-scale industries and private properties should be expropriated and held by the state. Leon Trotsky was adamant that private owners should not be compensated.[4] Trotsky wrote that "The program of the equal distribution of the land thus presupposes the expropriation of all land, not only privately-owned land in general, or privately-owned peasant land, but even communal land.[5]"

That's sure to make the new neighbours welcome.

Did anyone else have difficulty with the link?
Is the link dead? Or is it my computer?

Talk to the folks in Jerusalem, NB, about their homesteads.  Or Dunn's Corner, NB.  Or Petersville, NB.  The government has done it before.

Back