• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe.  high price prosecuter.  that's cute.  let me guess, the family bought Bush too  ;D

the point of the US taking over Canada is a non issue

theirs no money in it
its cheaper to by our resources with their stronger dollar (for now )
then it would be to get them at their prices

the only way the stars and bars will fly over Canada soil is if IF their is some sort of massif upheaval in our contry and they "volintear" to help with it and never leave
something like a small civil war or economic collapse (witch is more likely to happen down their then up hear )

But maybe,  just maybe,  we should sortie all 80 operational CF-18s, 60 odd Leopards, 3 sort of serviceable Upholder class subs, call out the militia, and launch a pre-emptive strike to invade them before they invade us ::)

The Americans would never try to invade us, it would take their entire 1.5million person army to bring us down with all the underground forces what would spring up as a result of invasion. Canadians are normally so anti-American we need not worry about an annexation vote passing. The only stars and stripes I can see flying on Canadian soil is at the US embassy and at some high priced hotels in downtown Vancouver.
But it is true that I would feel more threatened by the US then by the Russians. The Russians would never even think about invading us...the Americans on the other hand...
But of course, I would lay my life down to keep Canada free, and Im quite sure many others would to.
Maybe its time our defense budget was put back up, regular force troops strengthened, new equipment purchased, and we ally ourselves with China!
Vive le Canada

Quote,
Any appeals court in this country would overturn the verdict in these circumstances and order a new trial. Why should an accused face a different justice system just because the victim was rich.

Guess what, convicted at BOTH trials, he did get a second one and was convicted there also and lost every appeal there after,....
About 15 years worth.

But it is true that I would feel more threatened by the US then by the Russians. The Russians would never even think about invading us...the Americans on the other hand...
WHAT!! ::).......step away from the bottle.

Ontario, Canada -- Canadian Terrence Phillips has grown more and more disturbed in the last few months about America's total non-interest in invading Canada,

"I've talked to dozens of Americans who I met at college & over the internet and not one of them showed the slightest interest in conquering Canada," a miffed Phillips said. "Even when I pointed out to them that our military had absolutely no hope of even slowing down America's armed forces they didn't change their minds. Just what are they trying to say," Phillips continued? "That there's nothing here that's even worth taking?"

Joe Cassidy, One of Phillips' American friends agreed that America had no interest in invading Canada,

"Why would we invade Canada? What would the point be? I don't know anyone who'd be in favor of attacking our little Canuck buddies to the North."

But that was just the sort of answer that infuriated Phillips,

"See that's what I'm talking about," an agitated Phillips said. "Not only do we apparently not have anything America wants bad enough to fight for, but we're not taken seriously as a future threat." Phillips continued, "Sure our military isn't much now but the Americans can't even conceive of the possibility that we'll be dangerous in the future. Iraq? Oh they've got to be stopped before American lives are put at risk. But Canada? They're our 'little Canuck buddies to the North.' What could ever happen?"

When asked if Canada was a threat to America, Tanya McKinney, another American friend that Phillips knew through the internet responded,

"I don't think Canada is a threat. I mean I drove up to a Raptors game once with my boyfriend and everyone was so nice," McKinney said. "They do say "eh" and "aboot" though and I thought that was really cute."

A grouchy Phillips didn't like that answer either,

"So now we're too 'cute' to be a threat to America? What about our oil, and our timber industry," Phillips exclaimed, "are they too 'cute' to be worth billions of dollars? Canadians are well educated, Westernized, hard-working people as well. You'd think we'd be just the sort of people any nation would want to break to their will to be used as slave labor" Phillips snorted. "But instead of hitting Canada the Americans invaded Afghanistan. Yeah, that was a great choice America. Winnipeg alone is worth more than the entire nation of Afghanistan but does anyone ever think about invading us? Noooooooo."

At that point a news report about the latest "Iraqi Invasion" plan that was leaked to the New York Times came on TV,

"Just once" Phillips stated, "I'd like to see a 'Canadian invasion' plan leaked to the New York Times. That would just make my day."

http://rightwingnews.com/humor/invadecanada.php

Disillusioned said:
He's a PhD at Ottawa, not Rick Mercer.

What a relief!  And to think that I was worried that our educational spending was being wasted on ideological nut-jobs trying to indoctrinate unsuspecting students into accepting lunatic left-wing conspiracy theories.

On the other hand, maybe there is a little more to this ... from some US Foreign Service Officers:

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Canadian Crack-up, Part II

The Diplomad had read without much interest a November 16 piece in the Toronto Star by Canadian columnist Thomas Walkom titled, "Should Canada Indict Bush?" The Diplomad, not very familiar with Walkom, dismissed it as just another easily "fiskable" piece of nonsense from the loony fringe and hardly worth noting. The Diplomad subsequently read the LGF commentary on the same article, and read with appreciation comments from common-sense Canadians ridiculing this idea, and figured, "OK, that's done with."

Wrong.

Turning on the cable news, the Diplomad ran across some Canadian law professor being interviewed on FOX by John Kasich's "Heartland" show. This professor, too, was making the case for Bush's indictment.

Coincidentally, Diplomad HQS received a report from one of our Diplomads on a Sunday (today) brunch conversation with a Canadian diplomat who seemed absolutely smitten with the idea. This Canadian relished the thought of having Bush "served" a bill of indictment or arrest warrant during the President's visit to Ottawa o/a November 30. He thought this an incredibly clever idea, and spit out the reasons for indicting Bush for "crimes against humanity" -- basically the ones contained in the Walkom column and the Kasich interview, e.g., aggressive war, no UNSC approval, mistreatment of POWs and civilian populations, etc. Fortunately our Diplomad had the presence of mind -- which neither Kasich nor Walkom showed -- of asking, "What do you think the US reaction would be?" Our northern "friend" seemed taken aback by the thought, and confused, said that, well perhaps, we would protest and file something or another in Canadian court, or invoke Bush's sovereign immunity, but that in the end we would have to deal with the issue in court, presumably in a Canadian court. Oh, really?

Canada was once a great country, a proud member of the Defense of the West League. On a per capita basis Canada, along with New Zealand, had among the highest casualties of any ally in WWI and WWII. It played key roles in NORAD and NATO, and in the shadowy intel battles of the Cold War. It was, in word and deed, a true ally. That said, we would be hard put to describe the Canada of today or of the past 10 or so years as an ally. Its government has become among the most politically correct and feminized in the world, turning Canada into a haven for global terrorists and criminals, and for some of the most irresponsible and "out there" politicians, academics and journalists found anywhere on the planet. It has dismantled its once proud military establishment, turning it into a second-rate Keystone Cops police force at the beck-and-call of Kofi "Oil-for-Money" Annan. It is now a country with no sense of national interest or purpose, no appreciation for its true friends or for its own history. Canadian politicians and academics have become -- at best -- mischievous little school boys, trying to play pranks on the aloof but kindly school headmaster, secure in the knowledge that at most they'll get an avuncular lecture, that never will they have to pay any serious consequences, and that the headmaster will always in the end protect them from the school bullies and street toughs.

We have written previously (September 13) about the Canadian Crack-Up, and see that the process continues apace. So with regret, The Diplomad must conclude that it would indeed be a good thing for Canada to indict George W. Bush as a war criminal. The ensuing US reaction should provide a lesson in reality to Canada's politicians (the same who send Canadian sailors to die in rusty, smoke-filled second-hand subs) and its increasingly insane Ottawa - Toronto - Vancouver chattering "elite" classes. US Consulates will stand by 24/7/365 to receive immigration applications from sane Canadians fleeing the howling wilderness that will become Canada once the link to the oppressive imperialist war-mongering USA is broken; once the border is solidly locked down to prevent movement either way of anything; once hateful US investments stop; and once Canada can no longer serve as a cheap backlot for Hollywood productions.

This is tough love, but at times it's the only way. We might have to destroy Canada to save Canada from Canada to make it again Canada.

Please proceed with your indictment; in the long run it's best for all of us.

http://diplomadic.blogspot.com/2004/11/canadian-crack-up-part-ii.html

I_am_John_Galt said:
On the other hand, maybe there is a little more to this ... from some US Foreign Service Officers:

Please.  The guy's just responding to the liberal bufoons who insist on criticizing everything the US does.  I absolutely agree with him.  It's annoying as hell to see all these whiny bastards posturing and threatening, safe in the knowledge that they'll never be held accountable for their statements. 

Ontario, Canada -- Canadian Terrence Phillips has grown more and more disturbed in the last few months about America's total non-interest in invading Canada

It may just be me but I see a lot of humour in the fact that someone named Terrence Phillips believes Canada will be invaded by the US....

South Park movie anyone? Terrene Phillips?  ;)

a_majoor said:
Here we go again.

If the US wanted to invade countries for resources etc. they would have a long time ago. Why go half way around the world to Iraq when Alberta has a trillion barrels of heavy oil just a few hours north of the border? Check the fit on your foil hats people, and see the CQ if they feel a bit tight.

That's the point though. We've become so integrated, they own our oil, (Imperial Oil=Exxon) they own our indsutries, the last thing the want is our water--big batttle over that some day.

The U.S. never "invades" countries. They "liberate" them, two or three hundred times by now.

My whole point was the U.S. has cirrupted our political process, and is trying to get our politicians to sign NorthCOMM, and NAFTA+. Both would make Canad under U.S. jurisdiction--we may still have a flag, but not much else.....no fighting required.

As the article says, Chretien rejected it, so they had a "bi-national committee" do it outside our house of commons, where it coudl n't be seen.  They will try to ram it through eventually, and there will be a fight about it.

To all those who want Canada to eventually increase its power and prosperity as a sovereign country, I hope you've see this site, featuring many of the not-so-well-adjusted people in the White House.

www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

>it would take their entire 1.5million person army to bring us down with all the underground forces what would spring up as a result of invasion

What exactly do you suppose Canadians are prepared to die for that we would fear losing under the US "jackboot"?  I've been to numerous destinations in the US, so I have a pretty good idea what to expect.  I must admit I will regret losing some grocery shelf space to pork rinds.

If you promise to fight to the death, I promise to buy you a rifle and ammunition as long as I get to watch your last stand from a safe distance.

Better idea, Brad....lets make it a pay-per-view.    *$ching$*     

Guardian said:
Buy a high-priced prosecutor? What on earth are you talking about?

Prosecutors work for, and are paid by, the State. No family can "buy" them. And many make far less than the defence lawyers they are pitted against.

Your point is ridiculous. Check your facts.

Maybe you should check your facts first. In this mentioned case the prosecuter was a private lawyer payed for by the victim"s family.This is my point exactly. It doesn't happen in Canada but in Texas it did. Also do you think the state rushed out to hire a high paid lawyer for a foreign drifter with known mental problems.In a jurisdiction that not only elects politicians but also judges,district attorneys and senior law enforcement do you not believe big money can't get concessions.

Ps: At the time in Texas it would have been political suicide for any judge or politician to order a new trial Bush included.

Disillusioned said:
To all those who want Canada to eventually increase its power and prosperity as a sovereign country, I hope you've see this site, featuring many of the not-so-well-adjusted people in the White House.

www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

We are in danger of squandering the opportunity and failing the challenge. We are living off the capital -- both the military investments and the foreign policy achievements -- built up by past administrations. Cuts in foreign affairs and defense spending, inattention to the tools of statecraft, and inconstant leadership are making it increasingly difficult to sustain American influence around the world. And the promise of short-term commercial benefits threatens to override strategic considerations. As a consequence, we are jeopardizing the nation's ability to meet present threats and to deal with potentially greater challenges that lie ahead.

Wow, sounds like what has ALREADY happened in Canada. Maybe they see something wrong with their political process at home and are thinking about how to make changes....?

Brad Sallows said:
>it would take their entire 1.5million person army to bring us down with all the underground forces what would spring up as a result of invasion

What exactly do you suppose Canadians are prepared to die for that we would fear losing under the US "jackboot"?   I've been to numerous destinations in the US, so I have a pretty good idea what to expect.   I must admit I will regret losing some grocery shelf space to pork rinds.

If you promise to fight to the death, I promise to buy you a rifle and ammunition as long as I get to watch your last stand from a safe distance.

I agree an invasion would be defensible, but my point was it doesn't matter if our politicians give us away behind our backs.

As for what we would lose, umm, our soveriegnty, our military, (that means you) our technical expertise, our resources, our economy, our jobs, our income, our dollar, our CBC, our politics (we'd never get a vote.) our future, our potential as a future world power, our future as a sane voice in a crazy, corrupt world.

a_majoor said:
We are in danger of squandering the opportunity and failing the challenge. We are living off the capital -- both the military investments and the foreign policy achievements -- built up by past administrations. Cuts in foreign affairs and defense spending, inattention to the tools of statecraft, and inconstant leadership are making it increasingly difficult to sustain American influence around the world. And the promise of short-term commercial benefits threatens to override strategic considerations. As a consequence, we are jeopardizing the nation's ability to meet present threats and to deal with potentially greater challenges that lie ahead.

Wow, sounds like what has ALREADY happened in Canada. Maybe they see something wrong with their political process at home and are thinking about how to make changes....?

Yeah, but you forgot the part of the site where they say the want "U.S. domination of land, seas, and space, using laser-weapons and nuclear weapons.....you want an insane country running the human race, or do you want an independent voice like Canada to build itself up and become a force for humanity with brains, not psychosis?

As for the comparison you made, it's a little different when the U.S. already spends more than 8 times (!!!) more than the next biggest military--China. Their defences don't need to be "rebuilt."

Quote,
Ps: At the time in Texas it would have been political suicide for any judge or politician to order a new trial Bush included.

Xroyal....stop reading just the posts you can lie too.......last time,slowly,...he got a second trial and lots of appeals.....he lost them.....drop it....no matter how hard you try you can't put it on Bush.
This was courts and courts only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back