• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusioned

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I wasn't thrilled with how the author kept referring to Canada and Quebec as separate entities, but this is an interesting and disturbing essay by a University of Ottawa political economist.

Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?
by Michel Chossudovsky

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO411C.html

Just what the Republicans want  ---- 32,000,000 motivated Democrats.

Oh wait, that's why he'll do it in his second term  :p ::)

Kirkhill, whats to say we'd get voting rights as a conquered nation? And for the love of all that is holy, what ever would become of the phrase "I'm a Canadian, eh?" Oh the humanity. And looking at the Quebec-Canada viewpoint, the author seems to be a pro Quebec scumbag, looking for an out for his glorious "nation". But I don't want to start a flamewar here so thats all I'm gonna say. :cdn: Canada Forever

48Highlander said:
you've GOT to be kidding

No, not at all. That's what NAFTA was about. Economic takeover. They already own our resources, most of our major industries,   and have have managed to coerce our government into turning Canada's military into a sister army, however well-trained.

I have full confidence in the quality if the Canadian military, but it's clearly being turned into a fast-moving high-tech, well-trained sister army. I know the army is paid to follow orders but the people writing military and economic policy are doing us no favours.

As we saw with the FTA and NAFTA, it's not necessary to invade Canada, you just manipulate Canada into giving things away.

I think it's disturbing that people even in Canada's military have been manipulated into thinking the U.S. is our friend (some friend) --if anyone has any reason to see the U.S. as a natural enemy or threat, it's Canada, not Russia.

I hope people in Canada's military at least think about the fact that they may be needed in a different way, if they aren't already being commanded by U.S. interests, which is the goal.

A declining superpower that is in hugely debt is right next door. It is imperialist, desperate, and open about its policy. We have everything from water to gold, and they have squat. They have a 450 billion+ military, we don't. That's a huge threat to Canada, and people buy the line that "the U.S. is our best ally, most important, blah blah." They may not invade, but why would they if they could be the ones commanding our soldiers some day. What a wonderful thought.

Kirkhill said:
Just what the Republicans want   ---- 32,000,000 motivated Democrats.

Oh wait, that's why he'll do it in his second term   :p ::)

To join the U.S., a territory must vote in a two-thirds majority to join. That would never happen because most Canadians reject the idea, and they wouldn't want us to vote anyway.

We'd be Puerto Rico. A protectorate with no voting rights.

cgyflames01 said:
I'd have to imagine that England would be pissed.

Yeah, but they haven't sided with Canada for a long time in our disputes with the U.S......maybe we should reject the British and the American empire, as we did the French empire.

We could also annex the Turks and Caicos and have beach parties. ;)

Disillusioned said:
He's a PhD at Ottawa, not Rick Mercer.

Which doesn't mean that his tin foil hat isn't on a little too tight.  His PhD is in economics, so I would say he's wandering outside of his area of expertise.
http://www.socialsciences.uottawa.ca/eco/eng/profdetails.asp?login=mchossudovsky

Puerto Rico has been offered the chance to leave, and declined.   It pays better to stay on the US teat.

[BTW. What makes you think a PhD carries any weight?  A few of my profs were complete wastes of skin.]

Disillusioned said:
Yeah, but they haven't sided with Canada for a long time in our disputes with the U.S......maybe we should reject the British and the American empire, as we did the French empire.

Nobody rejected the French empire. France lost the war and pulled out of the area. Note that this was also long before "we" even existed, so "we" didn't do a damn thing to influence the fact that we ended up being run by Britain and not France.

Lets get it right the only one Bush is a friend of is big money. When he was governor of Texas there was a Canadian on death row for killing a rich older woman in Texas. An appeal to the governor to delay the sentence was made in respect to if it was a fair trial. The accused had known mental problems and was defended by a public defender. The special prosecutor was a very high paid lawyer paid for by the victim's family. Money CAN buy justice in Texas. NO DELAY -  EXECUTED

X Royal said:
Money CAN buy justice in Texas. NO DELAY -   EXECUTED

Money can also buy some great mexican food and margaritas.
I graduated frm the texas hgh scul sytem. It wus da bst six yeers of me lif.

Here we go again.

If the US wanted to invade countries for resources etc. they would have a long time ago. Why go half way around the world to Iraq when Alberta has a trillion barrels of heavy oil just a few hours north of the border? Check the fit on your foil hats people, and see the CQ if they feel a bit tight.

Lets get it right the only one Bush is a friend of is big money. When he was governor of Texas there was a Canadian on death row for killing a rich older woman in Texas. An appeal to the governor to delay the sentence was made in respect to if it was a fair trial. The accused had known mental problems and was defended by a public defender. The special prosecutor was a very high paid lawyer paid for by the victim's family. Money CAN buy justice in Texas. NO DELAY -   EXECUTED

::)

Boo hooo. And all of the steps of the appeal process were tainted too.. or do you think it went straight from the original trial to the execution? Better yet, tell me what you actually know about the American justice system, other than what you've read somewhere. If you're anti death-penalty, fine - this would have annoyed you, regardless of where it was.

100% correct Muskrat, there was years of appeals through all levels of courts and he lost, even when he got the "money" lawyers if you will, and as far as Bush having anything to do with it ::)....his was just the last call type-thing after all those appeals failed. What, your saying he is that damn good that he knows more than all those judges put together? 8)

http://www.bobmillsmp.com/intouch/intouchdetails1999.asp?ID=41
June 23, 1999
There are some subjects that people generally don't want to talk about across the dining room table. Understandably, capital punishment is one of them. With the nightly news telling us about the latest school shooting or the most recent atrocities committed somewhere faraway, it is perfectly reasonable for ordinary, law-abiding, citizens not to want to focus on the death penalty. But last week they had little choice. The execution of Canadian-born and convicted murderer Stanley Faulder in Texas monopolised one whole evening's coverage on CBC Newsworld.

However, the one-sidedness of that broadcast undoubtedly enraged many ordinary, law-abiding people. Had someone unfamiliar with the Faulder case relied solely on TV, they would most likely have assumed that an innocent man had been unjustly sentenced to death. Forgotten amid all of the heart-wrenching commentary about last minute appeals by the Canadian Government was the homicidal brutality of the act that landed Faulder before the Texas court and led to his lawful execution. So, what did he do? After drifting south into the United States in the early 1970s, Faulder committed a variety of petty crimes. One evening, after asking to use her telephone, he killed a law-abiding Texas woman by beating her head in and stabbing her in the heart with a butcher knife as she lay hog-tied on her bed. The impact of this sickening image is not lessened by the more than two decades since the crime was committed.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=5th&navby=case&no=9920542cv0
1.  1 When this court denied Faulder's earlier petition for habeas relief, Faulder v. Johnson , 81 F.3d 515 (5th Cir. 1996), the court specifically rejected a claim based on Texas's breach of the Vienna Convention. Before the court in that proceeding as in this was a letter dated September 1, 1992 from Texas Assistant Attorney General Zapalac to a representative of the Embassy of Canada, which explains the contacts between Texas and the Canadian government during Faulder's prosecution and the fact that Faulder maintained from the time of his arrest that he had no desire to contact his family in Canada. For that and other reasons, this court earlier held that the violation of the Vienna Convention amounted to harmless error.

There is lots more once you get past the 3 pages of waa-waa sites,  one less killer=good thing

Never once did I say I was against capital punishment or that he may be innocent. My point was the original trial was not fair by reason of the fact the victims family was able to buy a high priced prosecutor. Any appeals court in this country would overturn the verdict in these circumstances and order a new trial. Why should an accused face a different justice system just because the victim was rich.

Best Wishes

Buy a high-priced prosecutor? What on earth are you talking about?

Prosecutors work for, and are paid by, the State. No family can "buy" them. And many make far less than the defence lawyers they are pitted against.

Your point is ridiculous. Check your facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back