• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to fold 12X12 ( 30X30 )

westcoastrider7

Inactive
Reaction score
hello im currently in week 5, and on christmas leave  ;D does anyone know any websites or where to find videos on how to fold everything 12x12 for the room inspections, i'm a complete failure at it or does anyone have any tips any help would be greatful.... thank you and merry xmas

We had a 12x12 cardboard cutout and folded our clothes around the cutouts.  Worked extremely well.  Its even better if the cutouts are maybe half an inch smaller because the clothes itself will fill in the extra half inch or inch.

westcoastrider7 said:
hello im currently in week 5, and on christmas leave  ;D does anyone know any websites or where to find videos on how to fold everything 12x12 for the room inspections, i'm a complete failure at it or does anyone have any tips any help would be greatful.... thank you and merry xmas

Teamwork teamwork teamwork!

What you ar told on here will most likely be different from what your are doing in your barracks some how some strange way or to some degree. The key to a good barracks is uniformity. Ask for some help from your mates on your course, if they don't help, there is something wrong.

No individuals in the army.

Good luck.

OWDU

yeah i tried that and the sgt. wasn't too impressed ??? i dont know maybe ill be revamped when i get back, i have been shown alot how to do it but someway somehow theres always something wrong, i hear they'll throw it even if its right though lol  

Shamrock said:
Your floor tiles are likely 12" x 12"

I completely agree, floor tiles were my best friend. And to keep everything neat and pretty, stack it and put in your barracks box, every time you take things out for inspection they will look like you pressed them. Good luck. :)

To the OP, are you on the BMQ or BMOQ program? You should have a ruler that came with your CC-bag, and with that you can fold your raingear and long johns accordingly.

After a while anyway, you get to know how far you have to fold to get that measurement spot on. I graduated in Nov, and boy am I glad am out of there :)

Good luck

If it's for your plain green shirts fold it so that it is close to 12x12 and then use a ruler to get it perfected. When it is in a 12x12 shape, get some starch and spray it, then iron it in place. If you are having a lot of trouble with it, practice this at home once or twice (not on raingear) so you have it perfected when you go back. Don't keep this method to yourself, but rather help out all your buddies with this method as well. Good luck.

Sonnyjim said:
If you are having a lot of trouble with it, practice this at home once or twice (not on raingear) so you have it perfected when you go back.

I'd suggest against practicing during your break!  Have fun, don't think about basic, free up your mind, that way you'll go back fresh.  You'll have more than enough time to practice once you're back there....

Oh by the way, not everything is 12x12, t-shirts are folded 7x7, socks are rolled with a smiley face showing, pt shorts and swimming trunks are folded with no measurements. Ironing is big and so is polishing your shoes and boots.

I left st jean just wearing the combat boots, my gortex were always my display boots, spit-shined to a point where you can see yourself in them like a mirror. Never had a problem with inpsection from day 1

jacksparrow said:
......., my gortex were always my display boots, spit-shined to a point where you can see yourself in them like a mirror. Never had a problem with inpsection from day 1

Since when did anyone Spit-shine combat boots?  Not only that, to do so would mean that you were using the WRONG polish on your gortex boots.

i spit shined my combat boots once....thats what happens when you have to go through Indoctrination again  ;D

King Elessar said:
i spit shined my combat boots once....thats what happens when you have to go through Indoctrination again  ;D

A Lobotomy, you say.     ;D

dude just enjoy the xmas break, im duty plt. when i get back, i was supposed to read something about it (never did) I'm not stressing...

As long as the items on top of each other line up most staff members don't care. I never had my things tossed because the stuff piled on top of each other was lined up perfectly around the sides. None of it was 12 x 12. It just looked nice.

tovasshi said:
As long as the items on top of each other line up most staff members don't care. I never had my things tossed because the stuff piled on top of each other was lined up perfectly around the sides. None of it was 12 x 12. It just looked nice.

You are in for a shock later on....... ::)

CDN Aviator said:
You are in for a shock later on....... ::)

I don't see how. Most staff members don't actually care. St-Jean is pretty relaxed. I thought everyone was going to be pickier and tougher than they are. I don't know if I should really blame the staff members tho, the forces are hurting for people and the generation of people they are getting in is a group of delicate sensitive flowers... I've been told by staff members that the groups of kids they've been getting in lately is pretty bad. A lot of entitlement and overall lack of braincells (Girl VRed because she couldn't keep her cat with her, etc). If you can get your stuff at least looking nice, they leave you a lone because compared to the majority of the other people, you're Einstein. For example, the last platoon I was on had people with unmarked kit (after being caught three times earlier that week), stained shirts and dirty underwear on display, no one knew how to fold their socks or t-shirts, couldn't call the platoon commander by the right rank and there was constantly shit stains in the toilette... in week 6, and we were doing better than our sister platoon. The group of officer cadets they graduated a few weeks back couldn't even do drill, they messed everything up on their grad parade. The staff members are too frustrated to care if your stuff is off by half an inch. As long as it looks nice, they're happy.

tovasshi said:
I don't see how.

It is not your fault. You have 6 minutes in the military so i dont expect you to understand. Your lack of attention to details NOW, will cost you later. Trust me.

Back