• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Um not according to their own press release. On the 4th and updated on the 5th. One side was using fake news to make it look like Gofundme was not returning funds.

The issue was that people had until Feb 19th to ask for a refund. Any remaining funds would be distributed to charities. It’s the process that they had for refunds that was the issue. They have made it automatic now.

Link here.

View attachment 68526
You can bet that these press release do not tell the full story. GFM saw the legal writing on the wall and decided to pre-empt being dragged through US Senate hearings and the like. Without the pushback they were reluctant to hand back the money.

You can bet that these press release do not tell the full story. GFM saw the legal writing on the wall and decided to pre-empt being dragged through US Senate hearings and the like. Without the pushback they were reluctant to hand back the money.

And I'll bet The Daily Wire isn't telling the whole story either. Sounds like DeSantis has a bee in his bonnet. :rolleyes:

I saw ian historical Belarussian flag that is used to protest their government in pictures at the Toronto protest. That is unless a white flag with a red bar doesn't have another meaning.

I had a run-in with protestors downtown Hamilton today. We were taking my daughter to the Art Gallery for her Bday present to see the Van Gogh exhibit. Had to redirect to different parking and walk an extra block. Not a big deal, normal protest stuff, honking horns, blocked traffic, vulgar signs and Canada flags. Until...

Some lady drove up and decided that she wanted to demonstrate freedom by yelling at/telling my wife to "take those masks off your children" (my kids are in their teens, they are FREE to choose to wear their masks in the street or not). I responded by reaching down to make a snowball. She drove off quickly...

Friggin hypocrite Karens.

Edit: As an added note, my wife who was kinda on the fence on this whole thing is now on the warpath against the protestors. You don't go after her kids, momma bear has been woken. Lmao

I had a run-in with protestors downtown Hamilton today. We were taking my daughter to the Art Gallery for her Bday present to see the Van Gogh exhibit. Had to redirect to different parking and walk an extra block. Not a big deal, normal protest stuff, honking horns, blocked traffic, vulgar signs and Canada flags. Until...

Some lady drove up and decided that she wanted to demonstrate freedom by yelling at/telling my wife to "take those masks off your children" (my kids are in their teens, they are FREE to choose to wear their masks in the street or not). I responded by reaching down to make a snowball. She drove off quickly...

Edit: As an added note, my wife who was kinda on the fence on this whole thing is now on the warpath against the protestors. You don't go after her kids, momma bear has been woken. Lmao
Yea I don't get protesting being told what to do and then tell someone what to do in the next breath. but you get all types at a protest.

The real story is: have they found somewhere to poop?

Some did.

After weeks of steady decline, Ottawa’s wastewater signal — considered the most accurate reading of how much COVID-19 is in the community — took a sharp turn upward last weekend as thousands of vaccine mandate protesters came to the city.

Some did not.

Some of the protesters are using porta-potties and others have reportedly defecated outdoors — neither of which would be recorded in the city’s viral wastewater signal.

Id be protesting too if I had to live in Hamilton.

Except they have always had a refund policy.

They literally said they could get a refund using their policy the moment they said they would pull the GFM campaign.

The issue is that people didn’t read to the end. I am sure that is by design though and I am sure the normal refund process is a pain in the butt like most refund policies.

I suspect they just made it easier to avoid the hassle after the complaints about it.

I showed you exactly their statement when they released it and it was in keeping with their existing policy.

There is more to it because some people were angry about it and created a narrative that was never there. Lots of that going around.

Back