• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Ottawa lawyers have filed a class action against the organizers and sixty John Does for the noise and harassment, seeking $100 per day for the individuals who have been subject to the noise and disruption.

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

🍻

Except they have always had a refund policy.

They literally said they could get a refund using their policy the moment they said they would pull the GFM campaign.

The issue is that people didn’t read to the end. I am sure that is by design though and I am sure the normal refund process is a pain in the butt like most refund policies.

I suspect they just made it easier to avoid the hassle after the complaints about it.

I showed you exactly their statement when they released it and it was in keeping with their existing policy.

There is more to it because some people were angry about it and created a narrative that was never there. Lots of that going around.
I suspect they want to hold onto the money for as long as possible to collect interest on it, on these large funds, they should have their act together by now. I have zero reason to take anything coming from that region or the tech/online industry on face value.

This GoFundMe doesnt seem to have much support after 3 days…🤣 they’ve raised a grand total of $265. I guess there is more support for the convoy after all.

GiveSendGo for the convoy is already over 2M. That “Christian” site pffft.

Shocking; I've never seen people urinating in public.
Urinating is one thing. Not much disease in urine, it's essentially sterile (after being filtered in the kidneys). Feces is an entirely different issue. Disease follows. I wonder if they'll protest typhoid, cholera, and hepatitis. Or at least a good ol outbreak of GI.

And likely the protestors won't have to deal with it. It will be the neighborhood.

Urinating is one thing. Not much disease in urine, it's essentially sterile (after being filtered in the kidneys). Feces is an entirely different issue. Disease follows. I wonder if they'll protest typhoid, cholera, and hepatitis. Or at least a good ol outbreak of GI.

And likely the protestors won't have to deal with it. It will be the neighborhood.
News flash, there is someone shitting in the streets in every city right now.

Ottawa lawyers have filed a class action against the organizers and sixty John Does for the noise and harassment, seeking $100 per day for the individuals who have been subject to the noise and disruption.

Case adjourned until tomorrow (7 Feb) ...
... with a release available truckers can sign to get outta the Class Action ...

I haven't breathlessly watch the coverage on the other weekend protests, but it seems Toronto got off relatively unscathed. It seems they used traffic gridlock for good rather than evil. Both cities experience people, tractors, trucks, etc. descending on them vowing to 'shut the place down' and ending up being one-day events of noise and speeches, but they saw what could happen in Ottawa if things got entrenched.

Much of the emphasis of late when choosing police leaders has been on managing community and social issues, and the leaders will often naturally select other senior staff who reflect that direction and vision. Policing can be messy, and when it comes to making the hard decisions, sometimes the willingness or depth isn't there.

Case adjourned until tomorrow (7 Feb) ...
... with a release available truckers can sign to get outta the Class Action ...
I'm not sure it works like that but if it has the same net effect, sure.

This GoFundMe doesnt seem to have much support after 3 days…🤣 they’ve raised a grand total of $265. I guess there is more support for the convoy after all.
Now $295 after 3 days. You would think all the Ottawa residents would come together to support neighbours and their own city. Maybe it will pick up in time.

Reactions: QV
Now $295 after 3 days. You would think all the Ottawa residents would come together to support neighbours and their own city. Maybe it will pick up in time.
Fundraiser for what though? Counter protests? I donated to shepherds. And the mission for men. By all accounts people are donating to help neighbours. Just not donating to fringe causes.

Court injunction and lawsuits are the way to go for those residents. Plenty of lawyers lining up.

Plus they aren’t getting American money from right wing groups like this current Christian heritage fund raising site can leverage.

Fundraiser for what though? Counter protests?

This funding will go directly to the city of Ottawa. The money can then be used to maintain the police presence there, as well as clean up the destruction that has resulted from the members of our society that cannot differentiate rights from privileges, thus expressing their anger in an animalistic and uncivilized manner.

I wouldn't consider the good people in the OCP or city of Ottawa itself a fringe cause.

Court injunction and lawsuits are the way to go for those residents. Plenty of lawyers lining up.

Might be right. Could be setting an interesting precedent.

Plus they aren’t getting American money from right wing groups like this current Christian heritage fund raising site can leverage.
No they're not. But at $305 in 3 days they're not getting the support of hardly anyone.
American money didn't account for $9.9M of the other fund.

Restaurants have been open since last week. The protest is keeping them closed.

True. Do restaurants in Ottawa let people off the street use their washrooms or is it a lot of customers only?

the people of Ottawa already pay their taxes. Whey donate to fund?

Exactly. Why would anyone pay to a fund for something they already pay for.

It’s a mix. Bathrooms are normally open in most places like Tim’s, McDonalds the rideau Center, etc. City hall, a lot of the plazas have public washrooms.

Sit down restaurants with hosts I imagine not so much.

Back