• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

"Pierre Rouleau" = Rolling Stone. Margaret Trudeau had an affair(s) with member(s) of the Rolling Stones.

It's obvious when you know where to look.

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games
You missed Fidel Castro…somehow….

I saw about 100 people downtown today, marching and shouting, carrying Canadian flags up Blanshard St. There's been a fairly permanent, weekend mainly, presence of protesters in front of the Legislature as well.

I just assumed it was same old same old ;)
Give them some garbage bags and sharp containers.

Give them some garbage bags and sharp containers.

When I lived in downtown Ottawa, I'd spend an occasional evening wandering on Parliament Hill, and usually gather a few handfuls of cigarette butts and dump them in the garbage cans.

Berlin is also its own city-state with the same status as a state/province in the Federation, with its own police force.
Every now and again it seems to come up in Toronto. I'm not sure the proponents realize that, as a province/equivalent, you can't whine to another province for money.

It would make sense to make the GTA a separate province. They have a bigger population than other provinces that aren't ONT or QUE. The Gov't of ONT could focus on other parts of the province. I think that the same thing could be done for Montreal (and, as I posted before, Ottawa). There should also be a larger province formed out of a union of the Maritime Provinces.
Yes, I realize that it won't happen, but sooner of later, something will need to be done to sort out the disparity between larger and smaller provinces (IMO).

It would make sense to make the GTA a separate province. They have a bigger population than other provinces that aren't ONT or QUE. The Gov't of ONT could focus on other parts of the province. I think that the same thing could be done for Montreal (and, as I posted before, Ottawa). There should also be a larger province formed out of a union of the Maritime Provinces.
Yes, I realize that it won't happen, but sooner of later, something will need to be done to sort out the disparity between larger and smaller provinces (IMO).

Anything below the 49th should be it's own country at this point. They can carbon tax themselves to death and let the rest of Canada thrive. They'll never have to worry about scary and noisy trucks rolling into Ottawa again.

Easier said than done.

8 pages of discussion.

Agreed on all points.

Well, I suppose this is finished. I guess if this was a reasonable time to use the EA, no matter how the Fed's conducted their emotions, I really fear how harsh it will be if something serious happens.

We are a weak weak society.

It would make sense to make the GTA a separate province.

Not the same as gaining provincial status, but I am thankful at least the Residency Requirement was still in effect when I graduated high school.

But the boundaries, oh, the boundaries. Who's in - who's out.

City of Toronto
GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
GTHA Greater Toronto-Hamilton Area)
GHA (Golden Horseshoe Area)
GGHA (Greater Golden Horseshoe Area)

The Atlantic provinces would be weakened by amalgamation. Better four premiers lobbying Ottawa than one.

City of Toronto

They will need a premier.

"Come back, John Tory. All is forgiven! "

City of Toronto

The Atlantic provinces would be weakened by amalgamation. Better four premiers lobbying Ottawa than one.
That's why it should come as a package deal that also weakens Ottawa and lessens its importance in provincial affairs.

Most provinces view Ottawa as little more than an ATM (and a source of personnel during emergencies).

A fine and proper thing. The main things a federal government needs to do, Ottawa doesn't seem to want to put much effort into (eg. defence and foreign affairs).

About the only thing the Feds can effectively do is put cheques in the Mail. Things big down when they need to do anything else.

Back