• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

How does a policing action under the command and control of the municipal police become a federal government responsibility?
Are you new around here? Of course it's going to land at his feet.

Never throw shit at an armed man. Never stand next to someone who is throwing shit at an armed man.

Armed men are allowed to respond to non-lethal force with lethal force?

Armed men are allowed to respond to non-lethal force with lethal force?
In the current instance, what lethal force?

Illegal trespassers ordered to disperse, with at least one flank completely open and available for departure, chose instead to attack police.

The technical term for that is "fucking stupid".

How does a policing action under the command and control of the municipal police become a federal government responsibility?
It must be, though, right?

I mean, the City of Ottawa can’t declare a Public Order Emergency per the Emergencies Act, right? 🤔

Edit to add: I’m not saying the “play stupid games, win stupid prizes” maxim doesn’t apply here, but to imply that we’re back to a ‘this is just a municipal matter’ stance is being quite selective…

Liberals cite CBC 'analysis' to justify freezing bank accounts

The incredible powers that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has given his government to freeze people’s bank accounts is based on their reliance on “analysis” from the CBC

This is according to a 14-page document the government tabled in the House of Commons Wednesday night detailing the supposed rationale for invoking the Emergencies Act in the first place.

:cool:

It just gets better and better. All this because some people were really, really annoying.
Usually you're on the ball but the stupidness of this whole thing is effecting you. Maybe next week you can defend pedophilia.

The courts have spoken, those who are still there are criminals....deal with it.

"Maybe next week you can defend pedophilia."

Speaking of being affected, that's quite the suggestion.

What's "better and better" is the suggestion that the GoC relied on the CBC. I suppose someone is lined up to defend that?

Since the "economic blockades" were obviously in hand (not that Ottawa is a hub of the auto industry) beforehand, more and more of the EA-supportive arguments I read have to retreat to "Well, the protestors in Ottawa were really annoying". Thin, and getting thinner.

[Add: But, in the interests of soothing curiosity: if pedophilia is an innate "orientation" then it is defensible - blameless, innocent - like being straight or gay or otherwise, or having a particular skin colour. The part that is indefensible is acting on impulses in any way that harms children.]

Back