• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

As with the Army, try and use initiative and research, or ask your peers to get answers and/or solve a problem. If that doesn't work, approach your chain of command.

Don't worry, you'll learn soon enough  :nod:

Good luck!

well, 28 years ago i did not own a suit so i am 99.9% sure i wore jeans and t-shirt. 

I know this seems like an odd or unusual question, but I want to represent myself professionally according to what is required. Is casual clothing (IE My clean black shorts and a semi-formal shirt) best suited for this situation, or should I dress more formally? Thanks ahead!

You can never go wrong with nice pants, dress shirt w/tie and some decent shoes. This is the early stage of your hopeful career, it's important to start conducting yourself with pride and professionalism. Trust me, the recruiter will notice and it WILL make a difference. There's always that one person with torn up shorts/jeans and a 'Misfits' T-Shirt. Do not be that guy, be the guy who stands out with a nicely ironed shirt, clean haircut and well shaven. Just my  :2c: -Badger :cdn:

I seem to recall a set of instructions outlining the need for those writing the CFAT to 'wear something comfortable as you will be sitting for extended periods of time' so go with that.  It was pretty relaxed when I went.  One applicant had a tie on and it was overkill but better than the opposite end of the spectrum and having sweatpants with a worn crotch or better yet surplus fake cadpat ;)

Most important thing aside from 'relax' : follow every instruction.  All of them.  Eyes forward means eyes forward. 

Alright, thanks! Is it alright if I wear shorts? They are 3/4 way down the thigh, and they are a flat black.

CFAT Dress Code 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/105339.0

Dress formal for the interview. Dress business casual (or at least conservative casual) for CFAT, medical, and any other time you visit the CFRC. Your appearance is the extension of your character and is representative of the level of your respect for and commitment towards a career in the CAF. Read around on this forum and look up examples of formal and business casual looks for men. Do not wear shorts. Good luck on the test, don't forget to study.

Honsinger said:
I know this seems like an odd or unusual question, but I want to represent myself professionally according to what is required. Is casual clothing (IE My clean black shorts and a semi-formal shirt) best suited for this situation, or should I dress more formally? Thanks ahead!

The way the recruiting system is setup it technically doesn't matter what you wear, but as a point of pride show up professionally. A pair of wrinkle free dress pants, wrinkle free long sleeve collared shirt (maybe even a tie if you want), a pair of comfortable clean shoes.

You don't need a military haircut for the recruiting process, but atleast have your hair neat, and be clean shaven.

BadgerTrapper said:
Do not be that guy

Yup.

Honsinger said:

I wore a dress shirt, dress pants, a tie and dress shoes. I personally believe the first impression is the most important. If your comfortable in dress clothes then feel free to dress up a little. 

::)

Before you even think of asking because you DID NOT LOOK:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/111776.0

http://army.ca/forums/threads/97112.0

I went in with my work clothes on cause I was going to work after, didn't say too much just to dress better for the interview. Probably not the best advice though.

George Wallace said:
::)

Before you even think of asking because you DID NOT LOOK:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/111776.0

http://army.ca/forums/threads/97112.0

Second link has good information, but the first has nothing except a link to a search with no keywords (and thus no results).

Dress shirt, pants and shoes.  Wear a tie if you want.  To look professional will do nothing but help you. Chances are you will be interacting with the same people multiple times at your CFRC so you might as well make a good first impression.  Like someone posted above, it's a sign of respect (and that you are taking it serious) to be well dressed.  At the end of the day it won't really matter for the CFAT but I think anyone with a decent head on their shoulders will tell you to look professional for all your CFRC appointments.

As the subject says, I got my enrollment ceremony but I haven't received any information on my trade choices, or job offers. Do job offers come after enrollment?

I'm so happy and excited, heading to the Edmonton recruiting Center right now for my son's swearing in ceremony! He's leaving next week for basic trg (accepted as a aircraft structure tech) Thank you all for the support and great advice through the process! To those waiting, don't lose hope your turn will happen :)

chimo2u said:
I'm so happy and excited, heading to the Edmonton recruiting Center right now for my son's swearing in ceremony! He's leaving next week for basic trg (accepted as a aircraft structure tech) Thank you all for the support and great advice through the process! To those waiting, don't lose hope your turn will happen :)

Does your son start on the 20th? If so I'll be going through it with him. Best of luck to you both.

Isn't set up that you get a job offer before your sworn in? I thought that was the way it worked.

Back