• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Domestic Terrorism/Public Attacks on CAF Personnel

This exemplifies why all soldiers sailors and airmen need to be fighters and have that ambush right, charge! mindset.

jollyjacktar said:
The radio was reporting on the way in this morning, from a "source that was in a position to know" claims the Perp mentioned "Allah" during his encounter with the staff at the centre.

Yet the Federal Government's only comment is that this is an "incident".  It seems that they are afraid to mentiont the "T" word for fear of panicking the Sheeple.

Other agencies are not:

National Post

Double stabbing at Toronto military site prompts probe into possible terror link

Tristin Hopper | March 14, 2016 10:12 PM ET

Toronto police are weighing a possible link to terrorism after a knife-wielding attacker injured two Canadian Forces members at an uptown recruitment centre.

“There were some comments made by the suspect at the time, and without getting into it, I want to be very careful, very cautious with what I do say,” Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders told a CP24 TV interviewer about the attack that has drawn in CSIS and RCMP investigators.

....snipped.

George Wallace said:
Yet the Federal Government's only comment is that this is an "incident".  It seems that they are afraid to mentiont the "T" word for fear of panicking the Sheeple.

Other agencies are not:

That's because Mr. Sunshine say's a "Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian"  not a "T" ( I guess they don't exist anymore). ::)

George Wallace:
Yet the Federal Government's only comment is that this is an "incident".  It seems that they are afraid to mention the "T" word for fear of panicking the Sheeple.

Taking the pith of his mentor to the south who won't say the word or phrase Islamic terrorists.

'Allah told me to do this,' says accused in Canadian Forces double stabbing
http://www.680news.com/2016/03/15/allah-told-says-accused-canadian-forces-double-stabbing/

The man accused in a double stabbing at a Canadian Forces recruitment centre invoked Allah during the attack, Toronto police said Tuesday.

The 27-year-old suspect, who has been identified as Ayanie Hassan Ali, remains in custody. Ali is facing several criminal charges including attempt murder and assault with a weapon. He is scheduled to appear in court later on Tuesday.

A few points, here:

[list type=decimal]
[*]This guy is just your average crazy dude. Just because he used the word "allah" doesn't make this an ISIS plot. This most certainly isn't 9/11 x 1000, though i'm sure your racist uncle would love to make it out to be.
[*]Since when are we happy about beating people up? Last I checked, we used force to detain people, not to get revenge on them for hurting (barely) our buddies. Grow up and start thinking like professionals, folks.
[/list]

Yeesh. CF members are all fine, bad guy will be dealt with by mental health professionals and the justice system, and the recruiting centres remain the front lines on the war on crazy. The REALLY crazy folks who get into the recruiting centres end up in the infantry, anyways  ;D

How quickly we  Canadians seem to adopt the politically correct double speak we have seen in the USA for the past decade. Comparing our response to the tragic attacks on the CAF for a little better than a year ago to now, is revealing.

My best wishes for our injured CAF members.

Jed said:
How quickly we  Canadians seem to adopt the politically correct double speak we have seen in the USA for the past decade. Comparing our response to the tragic attacks on the CAF for a little better than a year ago to now, is revealing.

My best wishes for our injured CAF members.
I think it's fair to say the circumstances are very very different than what happened a year ago.

Bucky said:
A few points, here:

[list type=decimal]
[*]This guy is just your average crazy dude. Just because he used the word "allah" doesn't make this an ISIS plot. This most certainly isn't 9/11 x 1000, though i'm sure your racist uncle would love to make it out to be.
[*]Since when are we happy about beating people up? Last I checked, we used force to detain people, not to get revenge on them for hurting (barely) our buddies. Grow up and start thinking like professionals, folks.
[/list]

Yeesh. CF members are all fine, bad guy will be dealt with by mental health professionals and the justice system, and the recruiting centres remain the front lines on the war on crazy. The REALLY crazy folks who get into the recruiting centres end up in the infantry, anyways  ;D

How do you know he's crazy and not a terrorist?  Do you have some kind of insight the rest of us are unaware of?
We kill people with extreme prejuduice and are happy it's us that survived and not them so I'm not sure how being excitied about some guys laying the boots to a would be murderer is unprofessional.

Bucky said:
A few points, here:

[list type=decimal]
[*]This guy is just your average crazy dude. Just because he used the word "allah" doesn't make this an ISIS plot. This most certainly isn't 9/11 x 1000, though i'm sure your racist uncle would love to make it out to be.[/list]

I am sure that they will investigate every minute detail of his life leading up to this event to determine his relationships.  A professional mental health assessment will also be made as to his faculties. 

So, before you just brush it off as "your average crazy dude", let's wait and see what the investigators and Doctors determine. 

Question:  How does "racist" in anyway fit into this question?

As for your Point 2, I am wondering where you are going with that?  Sheep are defenceless.  Sheepdogs are capable of defending themselves and others, and that may require force.

Altair said:
I think it's fair to say the circumstances are very very different than what happened a year ago.

Firstly I'd say it's a bit too early to say we know what the circumstances are.  All we've seen and heard are a few very vague reports from the media citing "sources".

Secondly I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as being very different from the motivation behind previous "lone wolf" attacks just because the weapon this particular individual had available was not as effective in this case as a vehicle or a rifle.  A knife may not be as "dramatic" as another weapon but a stabbing murder victim is just as dead as someone killed with another weapon. 

Bucky said:
This guy is just your average crazy dude. Just because he used the word "allah" doesn't make this an ISIS plot.
Not that I'm doubting your precognitive abilities but who say's he's crazy?  Allah tells a lot of people to do all kinds of nasty shit- and they do it.

This most certainly isn't 9/11 x 1000, though i'm sure your racist uncle would love to make it out to be.
Muslim and Islam are races, right?

Since when are we happy about beating people up?
Honest question, are you a hockey fan?

CF members are all fine
Last I checked, we used force to detain people, not to get revenge on them for hurting (barely) our buddies. Grow up and start thinking like professionals, folks.
Pretty awesome that you're so quick to down play the stabbing injuries that your brothers in arms received.  How bad were the injuries you suffered the last time you were stabbed?

I think it's great they put the guy in the hospital.

Bucky said:
A few points, here:

[list type=decimal]
[*]This guy is just your average crazy dude. Just because he used the word "allah" doesn't make this an ISIS plot. This most certainly isn't 9/11 x 1000, though i'm sure your racist uncle would love to make it out to be.[/list]

So, you know more than the TPS, RCMP and CSIS.  Did you call them to inform them so they don't waste time and money on an investigation that isn't needed??

• Since when are we happy about beating people up? Last I checked, we used force to detain people, not to get revenge on them for hurting (barely) our buddies. Grow up and start thinking like professionals, folks.

First, who said he got beat up?  Proof?  Conjecture?  Jumping to conclusions?

Act like a professional?  You come into my place of work, stab 1 or 2 people and I'll do what I can to take you down, as hard and as fast as I can. 

Last point,  I wouldn't go jumping to the conclusion that what happened went beyond 'reasonable force', unless you were there.  In that case, you'd be a witness and shouldn't be talking.  I'll just assume you are just talking out of your arse with no idea of what went on any more than the rest of us who weren't there. 

BZ to the CAF mbr's who took this POS down and prevented further injury to others, military AND civilian; fuck what the thin-skinned Jimmy above said.  That's my  :2c:

Hopes for a speedy recovery to the 2 CAF members who were wounded in this attack.

Thanks to those who subdued this freak. Well wishes to those who were hurt. Can we take the Air Force Major and the Army soldier that were at the press conference and teach them how to form and wear a beret. Looks like crap!

Altair said:
In what way?

Single, stray-mutt attacker (that the media insist on calling a "lone wolf," which people then repeat unthinkingly); attacking very limited number of CAF members, not in a position to defend themselves in any manner beyond that available to non-military pers; cites "Allah" as justification for attack; [too soon to tell, but we'll see if this guy is a 'recent convert'; ie - two weeks before attacking Cpl Cirillo, Zehaf-Bibeau was a druggie & petty criminal -- suddenly he's a 'jihadist martyr'  ::) ].

Seems pretty similar... well, except for the government response.

....oh, and one attacker used a knife, one used a rifle, one used a car.

GR66 said:
Firstly I'd say it's a bit too early to say we know what the circumstances are.  All we've seen and heard are a few very vague reports from the media citing "sources".

Secondly I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as being very different from the motivation behind previous "lone wolf" attacks just because the weapon this particular individual had available was not as effective in this case as a vehicle or a rifle.  A knife may not be as "dramatic" as another weapon but a stabbing murder victim is just as dead as someone killed with another weapon.
My point is, the last attacks, two soldiers were dead and parliament turned into a battlefield.

I wouldn't put this at quite that level, as serious as it is.

Let's just see if he's a crazy or a isil inspired terror wannabe or both.

Kinda weird to get all raging mad about a mental patient. Not saying that he is, but let's make sure he's not.

Altair said:
My point is, the last attacks, two soldiers were dead and parliament turned into a battlefield.

So it's very very different circumstances because these soldiers were simply able to defend themselves and didn't die (not for lack of effort)?  You're back pedaling.

Altair said:

I wouldn't put this at quite that level, as serious as it is.

Let's just see if he's a crazy or a isil inspired terror wannabe or both.

Kinda weird to get all raging mad about a mental patient. Not saying that he is, but let's make sure he's not.

Sigh...  I guess, Altair you sure wouldn't want be be accused of erring on the side of your fellow CAF members at the expense of some poor down trodden miscreant.

Back