• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

Everyone merit listed and waiting for an officer spot - it might be worth it to note that apparently the next DEO BMOQ at St. Jean (after mine) is not until September 2013. I'm not in recruiting so I can't say 100%, but it would stand to reason that might mean that there might not be any officer selections for a couple of months. Just something to consider if you're waiting for an offer.

Reaper-1, if you are not recruiter how do you know date of next BMOQ ? In 2012 there were BMOQ starting in August,September,October.

secondchance said:
Reaper-1, if you are not recruiter how do you know date of next BMOQ ? In 2012 there were BMOQ starting in August,September,October.

Those of us who were given offers in the last selections were given a course date of April 29, which was later canceled. The course was moved to September, which I'm told is the next scheduled DEO BMOQ. Apparently we're going to be put on one of the ROTP platoons when we get to St. Jean because they canceled our course 3 weeks after giving us offers. Don't get me wrong I can't say something is not going to pop up in the mean time, because that happens. I'm just posting to give you guys a heads up to the situation as it is right now.

Thanks for your information but I think nobody expects job offer nearest 1-2 months cause according previous years experience there are 3 times per year for BMOQ .According situation with your course we can say nothing can be sure for 100%.
We will see .

d_edwards said:
Interview today over and done with, went well.  Now just wait to see where I merit list.    Waiting is the hardest part.
Did you do your medical  exam already?

L0017E 16 Sept 2013- 24 Jan 2014
L0018F 16 Sept 2013- 24 Jan 2014

L0019E 30 Sept 2013- 7 Feb 2014
L0029E 30 Sept 2013- 7 Feb 2014

Last hurdle over with, Completed my medical today.  So like many others, just waiting for an offer.  Did not get an answer regarding next selection dates.    Did get informed that there were at least 13 deo log positions to be filled.

d_edwards said:
Last hurdle over with, Completed my medical today.  So like many others, just waiting for an offer.  Did not get an answer regarding next selection dates.    Did get informed that there were at least 13 deo log positions to be filled.
On Sunday,
Are you Regular or Reservist Applicant ?

My medical was on weekend.  for some reason they were processing a bunch of reservists and got me through that day.  Questions arose over why the base and not CFRC det was processing the medical file.  Told the doc I was just going where I told to be.    Either way, got it done. 

Has anyone on this thread applied for HCA.  I have a BCom  and am considering adding this as a second choice provided the degree is suitable.

d_edwards said:
Has anyone on this thread applied for HCA.  I have a BCom  and am considering adding this as a second choice provided the degree is suitable.

I had it as second choice, but have prior service in my 1st choice so it was a non-issue.

I've heard it's competitive since there are very few in the CF right now.

i had it as my second choice - but was picked for my 1st.

HCA does indeed like a business degree - however selection has been tiny the last couple years. about 4 people each year.

But go ahead and add it. It's a good trade and thats ~4 more spots you could get picked for ;)

Still no word on when the selection board for log sits.  Anyone hear anything.        July aug seems to be historical avg but that may have no relevence.

d_edwards said:
Still no word on when the selection board for log sits.  Anyone hear anything.        July aug seems to be historical avg but that may have no relevence.

Which entry plan? DEO or ROTP?

Edit - seeing as you posted your question under the DEO thread, then DEO Log is 4 Nov........

Was told that there will be a selection for pilot in July.

Hope everyone enjoys their summer

I had also heard July from my MCC...maybe there is one June and July? Either way the sooner the better!

Back