• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

I've been told I am in prescreening, and that I should hear a response any day as my file is in Ottawa. I've been told that since January :S

lawchick16 said:
I've been told I am in prescreening, and that I should hear a response any day as my file is in Ottawa. I've been told that since January :S
The same here.Waiting for interview and medical.

Guys, stay in contact with your respective Recruiting centers, I stop in weekly to chat and find out anything new on my file.

You aren't being a pain(unless you are being rude or causing a scene each time) and the recruiters will help with what they can.

It's the only advice I can provide in these situations.  I've submitted my posting preferences and am just waiting now for a finalized decision on offer.

First thing you learn in Basic is to be patient, and how to properly line up for something, lol

SentryMAn, thanks for the advice.

I've tried to keep in contact with my recruiter but my understanding is that with my file now in Ottawa there is very little information that he has access to.  I don't want to annoy him by calling but I also do not want to fall off the radar either...

I always stop into the local RC, but it's on my way to/from work so it's easy.  I've been going in regularly since August last year.  It's the recruiters job to answer your questions even if the answer is the same as lat time you were in.  The clerk may(I don't know for 100% certainty) be able to see decisions made on your file as they become available since the systems updated in Ottawa can be seen locally. 

Maybe it's my personality but they always seem somewhat happy to see me and deal with me rather then like I'm bothering them.  Just be very polite and smile alot, actually that's what I do with everyone.

Keeping up to date on your file shows a bit of drive and initiative in pursuing a position.  It "may" increase your odds of landing on the right side of the employment line too.  Take that as life advice beyond the CF, I've received job offers from just showing drive in getting a job. 

That went a bit askew from the original intent of this thread...

lawchick16 said:
I've tried to keep in contact with my recruiter but my understanding is that with my file now in Ottawa there is very little information that he has access to.  I don't want to annoy him by calling but I also do not want to fall off the radar either...
+1,
We are just waiting .
Nobody complains here.It is good idea to share where we are in process.Everybody knows it takes time.

SentryMAn said:
The clerk may(I don't know for 100% certainty) be able to see decisions made on your file as they become available since the systems updated in Ottawa can be seen locally. 
My clerk told me if there is some changes or decision made on my file then she will contact me immediately. Therefore I don't see reason to disturb every week my clerk.CFRC already knows our interest because we applied for job.  ;D

To each to own.

It's YOUR career you are looking for, why wait until someone contacts you, it's not hard to drop by a recruitment center or call the center and have that you are staying in touch logged on your file.

But this is just my experience and what I have done, as with anything individual experience may differ

SentryMAn said:
It's YOUR career you are looking for, why wait until someone contacts you, it's not hard to drop by a recruitment center or call the center and have that you are staying in touch logged on your file.
Sure is good idea to contact time to time CFRC.
But point of previous messages were different .We are waiting  for answer from Ottawa.
Local RC can not speed it up.

secondchance said:
Sure is good idea to contact time to time CFRC.
But point of previous messages were different .We are waiting  for answer from Ottawa.
Local RC can not speed it up.

I was waiting for information to return from HQ that was never sent to CFSAL, if I hadn't kept in contact with the RC I'd still be waiting for that information to return that was never in fact sent.

This was my situation, each varies and I don't pretend to know nor have any answers.

I believe everybody keeps in touch with RC. But if RC said to wait it only means to wait.For sure we can contact RC anytime.

I will second SentryMan on this one. Just because the RC tells you they will update you doesn't mean there can't be mishaps that could occur internally; and those mishaps can cause you big time if you don't actively keep in touch with your RC. I recommend you call them every two weeks and ask for a quick update.

Persistant checking helped me big time.  Was told they were waiting for my medical docs from archives for about a month and a half.  Finally hit the right clerk who noticed I was on the Supplementary reserve list, .  So bingo bango, have my interview next week, following my trait test, and my full medical that weekend.  Getting processed with a batch of reservists on a saturday.
Nervous about the interview.  Dont know if will they will have my pers file on hand for at that time or not. 
Was told was pretty much merit list, and wait for an offer afterwards.    Applied for navy Log.  My preference, but unsure if other possibilities will be presented or not .

Has anyone heard anything regarding the date for the next selection boards? I emailed my file manager about it and I am waiting his response. If I hear anything I will let you guys know..

I would also agree that checking up once every week or two is a good thing. Almost every time I called my file was advanced or something positive happened.

I think calling is the best approach. I don't think there are too many file managers that hate eager and interested candidates.

One more question.
I finally got a call from RC for interview and medical.It will be in 2 weeks.For now I have 2 trades in my file.But I want to add one more.Which way is better to do it?

secondchance said:
One more question.
I finally got a call from RC for interview and medical.It will be in 2 weeks.For now I have 2 trades in my file.But I want to add one more.Which way is better to do it?

I had the same question before my interview and I was told that it would be in best to tell your file manager or call in and tell the recruiter that you want to add in another trade. You must get this done before the interview as you will be asked about your chosen trades.

secondchance said:
One more question.

Agree with Lee, they need to ask you extra questions in the interview for each trade you pick so call in and let them know and they will set that up for you.

Interview today over and done with, went well.  Now just wait to see where I merit list.    Waiting is the hardest part.

d_edwards said:
Interview today over and done with, went well.  Now just wait to see where I merit list.    Waiting is the hardest part.

Unfortunately they never tell you where you place, you just either eventually get called or stay in the perpetual waiting phase. Good luck!

Back