• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

dvh1 said:
Infantry and Armour Officer over here

barista95 said:
Nice those are mine as well

Would suggest you contact your respective CFRC.  I think you will find that both occupations are now CLOSED.  Now is the time to consider other options......

DAA said:
Would suggest you contact your respective CFRC.  I think you will find that both occupations are now CLOSED.  Now is the time to consider other options......

Yeah but occupations always close/open in what seems like a monthly basis. Cant I just wait for them to open up again?

From what I understand the occupations are never really open or closed. I was talking to a national recruiter in North Bay and he said to not pay any attention to what the forces.ca website says because it's almost always wrong and he said he honestly didn't even know who ran it.

If you have all your ducks in a row now (i.e. interview, medical, CFAT all complete) then I would expect to be shipped off sometime in August/September if they want you.

I'm personally waiting to hear back about the Infantry Officer DEO position.

Best of luck

I just realized that what I said about occupations being neither open or closed is confusing.

What I meant was that the open/close thing is a bad way to look at it.

In reality they're not always hiring but that doesn't mean they won't be hiring in a few months time.

Just apply to what you want to work as because no matter how you look at it you're going to be waiting a while anyways. (If I'm lucky enough to get sworn-in in July/August then that will be close to a year from when I first applied!)

The significance of a trade being open or closed determines if they process your application or not.

This has been the trickiest thing for me to date. I have now applied for Pilot 5 times.  This is the first time that my file has been processed to completion.

In passed attempts I have submitted my application when the trade was "OPEN" and then by the time the initial application was processed the trade would become "CLOSED" and then since I had not had my Medical or Interview completed they would ask if there were other occupations that I would like to apply for or they would close my file in which I would need to wait for the trade to "OPEN" again, only to have the same thing happen again....

I emailed the CFLRS about when the next BMOQ is for DEO and she said they are scheduled for September 16 and September 30.

secondchance said:
Any AERE  DEO here who is in recruiting process  now?

I applied for AERE DEO last month. My application is still in North Bay. Did you just finish university? I just completed Electrical Engineering from U of T.

Just got the email today saying my stuff has been sent to the local RC in Barrie.  :nod:

anneadit said:
I applied for AERE DEO last month. My application is still in North Bay. Did you just finish university? I just completed Electrical Engineering from U of T.
Cool.
It doesn't matter when you finish university.It does matter you have diploma  for  DEO.

Confirmed by my recruiter today that the next selection is June 24th and another on July 25th for a lot of the DEO Air Force positions. Good luck to everyone in the running for it!

Lysandria said:
Confirmed by my recruiter today that the next selection is June 24th and another on July 25th for a lot of the DEO Air Force positions. Good luck to everyone in the running for it!
Thanks for information.
Good luck too!!!

Nice to see the post about selection dates  for log.  Really hoping for a spot this fall.  Hoping for navy, but will be happy with anything. 

Had my recurrent interview this week. I also confirm that a June 24th selection was mentioned.

Hope everyone has a great long weekend

Would love to put a couple of air force trades down as options, acso in particular, but my hearing category took it off the table. 

Have been considering signals officer as an altetnate choice.  Have a background in electronic warfare from prior service.  So cant hurt.    Has anyone here heard if they are accepting, or when selection may occur.  Willl bug my recruiter tuesday regardless, but curious what others have heard or learned so far.

DAA said:
24 Jun...

I just completed the CFASC and testing at DRDC this past week and they specifically looked into the next selection date for DEO pilot and they said it was July 11. Has the June 24 date been confirmed/what is your source? Also do you know when the BMOQ would be for the June/July selection?

NLockhart said:
I just completed the CFASC and testing at DRDC this past week and they specifically looked into the next selection date for DEO pilot and they said it was July 11. Has the June 24 date been confirmed/what is your source? Also do you know when the BMOQ would be for the June/July selection?

BMOQ is 26 Aug and DEO Pilot is still showing as 24 Jun.....

Back