• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Carrying non military issue knives

CountDC said:
Oh please tell me the PLF has not dropped to the level that they would allow that.
Scott said:
You missed the 90's?
CountDC said:
With PLF yes, I was an 80's child.

I remember a few "PLF ninja wannabees from the 1980's too"

Tommy said:
My belief is that if you want to carry some sort of "High Speed Special Ops Commando Knife" maybe you should apply, pass, and become a "High Speed Special Ops Commando" first....  Over there I never say any of the CSOR or JTF guys I ran across carrying any giant fighting knives...

Just my .02 though.

Probably hasn't completed the elite underwater knife fighting course yet.  8)

http://www.arrse.co.uk/google.php?cx=partner-pub-1565181133397583%3A3761004041&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=underwater+knifefighting&siteurl=www.arrse.co.uk%2F&ref=

I'd love to carry around a cold steel gladius

Sentries beware

gladius-machete-97gms.jpg

Dkeh said:
We had a guy bring a Machete to the field. Everyone laughed at first, then we borrowed it to make improvised defensive positions.

Isn't that's what the CQ is for?? Or your Vehicle EIS??  ???

BernDawg said:
Isn't that's what the CQ is for?? Or your Vehicle EIS??  ???

You, in fact are correct, however the CQ may not be handy right then and there, PLUS you maybe dismounted, or in the case of my - light infantry.

As a DSM I should be allowed to carry a sword. Like Exacalibur.

Light infantry. I wish we had vehicles.

CQ certainly did lots of "field supplies" with them, such as Glowsticks, Generators, Laptops, and Projectors.

None of which help me cut trees apart, unfortunately.

Dkeh said:
Light infantry. I wish we had vehicles.

CQ certainly did lots of "field supplies" with them, such as Glowsticks, Generators, Laptops, and Projectors.

None of which help me cut trees apart, unfortunately.

Light Infantry - an oxymoron isn't it?

Tell me about it. Just got a TRG EX in Borden. Decided I would pack "light" for the weekend, seeing as it was nice out.

One 522 and 6 Batteries later, my ruck was anything but light.

Jim Seggie said:
You, in fact are correct, however the CQ may not be handy right then and there, PLUS you maybe dismounted, or in the case of my - light infantry.

As a DSM I should be allowed to carry a sword. Like Exacalibur.

You're Rifles now don't you carry swords instead of bayonets anyway? 8)

Jim Seggie said:
Not like Excalibur ;)

And we aren't light either.....

I know but you ain't fighting the French anymore

Richard_Sharpe_by_DennisBudd.jpg

Besides this is what a Rifles RSM looks like.

Harper.jpg

7 barrels is much better than a pointed bit of metal.  8)

Jim Seggie said:
Not like Excalibur ;)

And we aren't light either.....
Funny how the "Lighter" the infantry the more you get to carry on your back.....

BernDawg said:
Funny how the "Lighter" the infantry the more you get to carry on your back.....

Don't forget the 150 lbs of "ultra-lightweight" equipment.

CDN Aviator said:
Don't forget the 150 lbs of "ultra-lightweight" equipment.

You mean like:
Old Light infantry man packed fire support
thumbnail.aspx

New light Infantry Man packed fire support
34575.jpg
  8)

Ah....don't be a woose, it just a couple of pounds heavier....someone else can carry the bipod.....

BTW...The sixties including baseplate, tube and ammo were not exactly lightweight after about 10 klicks....(including your own gear). ;D

GAP said:
Ah....don't be a woose, it just a couple of pounds heavier....someone else can carry the bipod.....

BTW...The sixties including baseplate, tube and ammo were not exactly lightweight after about 10 klicks....(including your own gear). ;D

See when I was in we never hand no fancy schmancy baseplate and bipod for the 60. 8)

We get to carry the 60, and the Carlo...but no ammo!

And we can't be trusted with the slings for either, apparently. Slings would make us happy and comfortable, which would adversely affect our combat effectiveness, apparently.

Danjanou said:
See when I was in we never hand no fancy schmancy baseplate and bipod for the 60. 8)

does throwing 60mm rocks count?

Damnit!

Not sure if it's  karma or not...I lost my SOG seal pup this morning while wading through chest
Deep swamps with overgrown xenophobic  trees while in the field.

Anyone need the seal pup hard case with the hole in the sheath for cutting rope?

Back