• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAP Aldershot

Does anybody have a copy of the kit list and/or the training instructions for the course?  The link provided on the course loading message leads to a page for the joining instructions that is full of broken links. 

In surfing the CTC website, I haven't been able to find the document. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I am doing CAP in Aldershot starting June 2. Anyone else?

I am dreading it. Not for the course, but because I am a mom and it's the longest I will ever have been away.

Wish I had done this CTR thing years ago.

I know most of the staff there. Hope you enjoy it. They"ll treat you right.

Rigs, I am doing CAP there as well. I've heard nothing but good things about Aldershot both from folks here at 38 Brigade where I'm doing OJT and from buddies that did it there last summer.
Cheers,

SweetNavyJustice,

Sorry for this is late.  I got the Aldershot joining instructions from my training warrent officer. Speaking for that CAP, follow the PLQ list minus the CF(dress) uniform. From what I was told (and saw in an email,)  you should have those instructions as I understood emails were sent out to all units. Double check with your training WO in your unit.

All doing the BOTP in MAY, myself included, follow the "fighting order" kit list (helmet, full tack vest, cadpac uniform, etc.) as we were told there would be no overnights in the field.  Make sure you do the 200 page reading and 35 question written assignment before arriving. 

I'm psyched up.

Cheers,

CSS

Rigs,

After information gathering from members familiar with last year's course, we should get at least every second weekend off.  I saw the syllabus.

One 2Lt. said that this year he got almost every weekend off. I realize that this may or may not change, but, suppose that this year is the same as last year and assuming if you live close enough to your home, you may get time to visit your children.  Hope this consoles.

CSS

It would, except I am way, way too far from home to get home on a weekend and still have time for a visit.

Not to mention how hard it would be to leave after - for everyone.

No, I am just going to have to suck it up and make it through. I am looking at it two ways - one I need to get through for my family as I can;t leave them again for this long, and it's kind of like a very exclusive fitness camp - people pay big bucks for the PT we are going to get :)

Hi Rigs,

Yes, That's true. Big bucks for bootcamp outsider the military. The winter indoc, likewise.

It's going to be tough leaving the family, but, I believe you will adapt fairly quickly,  LD calling cards are available and you will make friends very quickly on this course.  Teamwork rules.

Cheers,

CSS

Rigs said:
It would, except I am way, way too far from home to get home on a weekend and still have time for a visit.

Not to mention how hard it would be to leave after - for everyone.

No, I am just going to have to suck it up and make it through. I am looking at it two ways - one I need to get through for my family as I can;t leave them again for this long, and it's kind of like a very exclusive fitness camp - people pay big bucks for the PT we are going to get :)

I remember my section commander on my RESO1 course, while our navigating through swampy Gagetown, telling us "There are rich morons who pay thousands of dollars to go to places like Outward Bound to do this stuff.  And you all get paid for it."

I will also be doing CAP in Aldershot this summer, along with 2 other guys here from RMC. How is everyone finding their way to Aldershot? Some of us got flights, but i personally will be driving the 17 hours from Kingston. Does anyone know what would be a good cheap place to stay for one night on the way? I thought about Valcartier or Gagetown, but they are all filled over the brim with people. I also thought about St. Hubert. Anyone have other suggestions? I also have a CAP kit list that I received through my CoC. If anyone wants a copy, I can probably dig up the email and forward it.

From Kingston you should be easily able to make it into northern New Brunswick, there are numerous inexpensive places to stay.  If you stop somewhere like Valcartier or St-Hubert you'll have a hell of a drive on day two to make it into Aldershot.

Having done a similar drive many times, I would suggest if you are making a 2 day trip out of it to overnight in Edmunstun NB.  There is a Comfort Inn right off the highway, with Subway, Tims', MacDonalds, KFC and the like a 1 minutes drive.  Rates are very good and they do DND discounts.

From there, you'd be looking at about 7.5 hours driving to get to the camp (with good directions on the Kentville end specifically).

WRT CAP in Aldershot, are candidates expected to show up wuth DEUs? Course wont run into 11 Nov, so at this point I'm not taking them.....

eliminator said:
WRT CAP in Aldershot, are candidates expected to show up wuth DEUs? Course wont run into 11 Nov, so at this point I'm not taking them.....

Is Nov 11th the only time DEUs are worn in the CF ?

DEUs are not required for CAP unless your serial runs over Nov 11.

Back