• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ OCT3rd to DEC16th <-----Who's Attending?

theSage said:
I am headed out to Borden for the Oct 3- Dec 16 BMQ,   I am in training cousre 0253.    I can't wait to get there,   send me a PM and we can talk on MSN. I get sworn in next friday here in Ottawa,   hope to see some of you there!   Man these 21 days arent going fast enough.

I get sworn in the same day and location and I have the same course number (0253). As stated above, it would be interesting to see what it (the course number) means.

I found out, that the letter at the end of the course number E, means English, LOL!

As for the numbers, I think they're different platoons, but I'm not quite sure.

Yes..course number means platoon. For example Fry and I have 0252, others with the same number will be with us, in the same classes, doing drill together, housed together. The people with 0253 course serial number will do all the same things, they will just do it maybe at different times and with different people.

P....

There is 180 recruits coming on the same course.  There will be 60 recruits per platoon.  You might be in the same platoon.

If you happen to be in the same platoon, there is a chance that you will be in the same room. This is done randomly, not by last name.

The bunks are 4 to a room.  You will be with 3 other males in your room, with your own personnal locker, a small desk and a chair.

Or three other females, as the case may be.  ;)

Excellent,  yes everything is going according to plan...

And Rej I assume your in ottawa so we should get in touch I'll send you a PM.

theSage said:

Looks like you are looking for a date?  Perhaps you should do a bit of research into fraternization, to be on the safe side.

I find that remark immature and comments like that aren't appreciated,  but if you want to come the more the merry  :dontpanic:

theSage said:
I find that remark immature and comments like that aren't appreciated,   but if you want to come the more the merry   :dontpanic:

Obviously your short term memory is shot and you will have difficulty learning once you get to St Jean.  Here is your comment, and you tell me if it is mature or not and what people can interpret from it:

Re: BMQ OCT3rd to DEC16th <-----Who's Attending?
« Reply #86 on: Today at 12:00:43 » 
Posted by: theSage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excellent,  yes everything is going according to plan...

... yea ok,   now first thing you poked fun at me, then I said something to serious that was never meant to be taken serious and   I added a goofy emocon and that invitation so that you could also 'get in touch' to show that I really don't care.   So anyway you poked fun at my poor choice in words and I made a dumb joke,   so whats to get?   and lets now move on...

Holy Moly, its been a couple weeks since in been on here! Ummm.. I haven't retrieved my course number yet. But i get sworn in on the 20th which is in 4 days so i might as well  wait untill then since they are closed on the weekends. So as soon as i find out i'll post it hopefully i'll get to know some of ya's before we leave!! See you Tuesday Fry!  :salute:

For all you reg force types doing your BMQ at NRTD in Borden dont panic, it is now become known as CFLRS det Borden a detatchment of St-Jean. Its been known as NRTD for years and at present it is in a transition phase, and I can guarantee those of you that are worried that your instructors are all airforce, navy or reservists, have no fear there is a large cadre of army instructors from PPCLI, RCR, RCD, ARTY, etc . And there is still navy and airforce it is quite a good cross section of elements and trades. You will still get the full meal deal!!! TRUST ME.

SOLDIER ON!!!

Alrighty then, Got sworn in today. Looking forward to go to Borden (as i was all along) Just to let all you beautiful people know that my course # is 0252.. thats all.. SEE YOU THERE! :salute:

Watson said:
oh maybe so. But the closet signifigant body of water is lake ontario, like 200km away.

Check your Maps!   What do you think Wasaga Beach is attached too? Or Lake Simcoe to the East.

Just hope they don't take you through Beaver Creek in the Dunes >:D

My lovely wife is attending Base Bordem beginning on the 3rd Oct, and I just have to ask...how old are most of you attending?  She is in her mid-30's...still tough enough to kick some ass tho!

I'm 20 years old and I've talked to alot of people going to Borden who are around the same age. It's good she's coming because us young pups may need a mother figure around to keep us in line!!! Haha just kidding. I look forward to meeting her. Cheers.  :salute:

:cdn:

Mother figure for young pups? Hmmmm.... I think I'd rather have peers than "kids". I am 39 and I'm looking forward to BMQ! Not too long, now....

Back