• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ OCT3rd to DEC16th <-----Who's Attending?

I'm 18, really age doesnt matter as long as you have confidence and you put alot of effort in to pass. I hope to see her there, maybe coursed and bunked together who knows. She probably wont be the only one in her age group! :salute:

S.A.Blundon said:
I'm 18, really age doesnt matter as long as you have confidence and you put alot of effort in to pass. I hope to see her there, maybe coursed and bunked together who knows. She probably wont be the only one in her age group! :salute:

Hey, hey now, don't jump ahead of yourself! You didn't earn that hook yet!

REJ said:
Mother figure for young pups? Hmmmm.... I think I'd rather have peers than "kids". I am 39 and I'm looking forward to BMQ! Not too long, now....

39...excellent! After my wife is done of BMQ/SQ I am going back in (did 8 years previously), so I am anxious to see what those in my age range do to adapt. Best of luck to all....

spud said:
39...excellent! After my wife is done of BMQ/SQ I am going back in (did 8 years previously), so I am anxious to see what those in my age range do to adapt. Best of luck to all....

Left out my age....I'll be 44 by the time I get in...yikes, do I really wanna do that??

I'll be going!  I'm still getting packed for St. Jean....  I got sworn in on sept 16!  :salute:

Hey what have you guys heard about Borden?  What are the differences between Borden and St. Jean?

NavyBoys said:
Hey what have you guys heard about Borden?  What are the differences between Borden and St. Jean?

Have a read below, directly from *this thread a page back...

grayman said:
For all you reg force types doing your BMQ at NRTD in Borden dont panic, it is now become known as CFLRS det Borden a detatchment of St-Jean. Its been known as NRTD for years and at present it is in a transition phase, and I can guarantee those of you that are worried that your instructors are all airforce, navy or reservists, have no fear there is a large cadre of army instructors from PPCLI, RCR, RCD, ARTY, etc . And there is still navy and airforce it is quite a good cross section of elements and trades. You will still get the full meal deal!!! TRUST ME.

SOLDIER ON!!!

NavyBoys, have a read through the recruiting threads as there is quite a bit of info on this already. As for differences you can expect the same type of course at Borden as you would at St. Jean.

Also, make sure you have a read through these threads...

Recruiting FAQ: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html

Army.ca Conduct Guidelines: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

Friendly Advice to New Members: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-259412.html#msg259412

...Welcome to the forums :)

WWWWAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO, 1 MORE WEEK GUYS AND GALS.... JUST ONE MORE WEEK!!!! SO whos ready to get down and dirty in the mud? I AM!! YIPPEEEE...(Doing my victory dance) MWAHAHAHHAHA it's gonna be great, like kellogs corn flakes!. Don't strain yourselves out with all the excitement.. ppssstt.. one more week ;D

Hahaha, i'm not drunk or high or anything like that. THIS IS CALLED MOTIVATION BABY :salute:
See ya'll there 8)

Ahahah hope yah have that much enthusiasm at Basic!!! This is gonna be one hell of a long week :boring:
Use it wisely people!!  :salute:

:cdn:

Congratulations and good luck to all of you attending BMQ in October.

Your Army.ca challenge is to keep track of the details of your experience and, when you have the opportunity, post detailed up-to-date descriptions of BMQ training and course structure. Let us know what links in the Recruiting FAQ are out of date, and provide us the new, currrent details for your successors. Let us know what information you took from here or received from the Recruiting system that helped, and let us know what didn't fit your experience. Your continued contribution will help to maintain Army.ca as a credible and current source of information for new recruits preparing for training.

Thank you.

:eek:  So....who loves kitty?? 

To those...who are going to St.Jean  for Oct3rd Basic.... SEE YA THERE!!!!

Got the call this morning!

CONGRATS! :salute:

I think Mike should implement a beer smiley into the forums.

SemperFidelis said:
:eek:   So....who loves kitty??  

To those...who are going to St.Jean   for Oct3rd Basic.... SEE YA THERE!!!!

Got the call this morning!
First off congratulations, and you will see me there. Do you know your course number yet? I'am 0221.

Im about to find out today...they didnt give me any info with regards to anything other than Im in and they took down some basic info.  Siad its too late to mail the package, so I could pick it up on friday when i get sworn in.  But, Im gonna see if I can go pick it up myself today.

I can't wait, and its only (checks watch) 135.5 hours away there abouts... 

SEMPER?!?!?!?!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I have ben telling my hubby that I hope you get in this month cause I think your such a sweetie and you have been soooo supportive through everything... I am SOOO happy for you!!

YAAAAA GIRL!! :)

Approximately 90 hours and 30 minutes untill I arrive in Borden on October 2nd. When our course is over is this topic going to be deleted?

Back