• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ AUG 21 - St. Jean

enh, ill give everyone a head start.

I tend to come off as a know it all, cocky, but willing to help anyone who wants it, and even those that don't. I am quiet at first, but after i awhile, i open up

Respect me, and ill respect you.

Techie, I am going Infantry and if I am not mistaken Fondle was a Sig-Op.

Naval Steward here...

Aug 28th BMQ.

From a little Birdie , I was told there are TWO platoons my week. One Anglo , One Franco.

My platoon number : R0282E.

Also , the Birdie mentioned :

".. Her course starts on the 28th and ends on the 10th of November so 11 weeks . The 13 weeks course start on Sep 1st, she lucked out. The difference between the two courses.... two weeks of Farnham.....By the way the PT test is in week one now and a failure to the shuttle run means a return home and on that they are very searious. "

So  start running / sprinting , or else your butt is being sent home , no remedial PT anymore folks!

G'luck ,

JESSO

I'm going SonarOp and my course number is 0280...no idea on what my platoon number is yet.

A heads up on me...I come across differently on here than I do in person....what a surprise, eh?

In person I can be quite reserved. I tend to do alot of people watching at first until I know you. When I meet you, and we shake hands, I expect a decent hand shake...not a squeeze my hand and try to break it and definitely not a frilly one. You will see me nod my head alot during instruction(classroom only)...just my way of taking things in and not my way of saying "I knew that". I do try to help out everyone, and tend to sacrifice my own well being for the sake of others (must be the mommy in me). I am trying to break myself of that... ;D I hate gossip and do not tolerate any of it. I prefer to be the type that others can trust and depend on when they either need and ear or a hand with something. I do not tell anyone anything that is confided to me and expect the same in return.
TRUST is a big thing for me. You break it, and it's gone forever.

I think that sums me up for now...I am interested to hear about you others though.

George Wallace said:
That is your Platoon.

At the swearing in they said that was our course number.
Now I am totally confused  ???

I know, it doesn't take much some days....lol

osjesso said:
".. Her course starts on the 28th and ends on the 10th of November so 11 weeks . The 13 weeks course start on Sep 1st, she lucked out. The difference between the two courses.... two weeks of Farnham.....By the way the PT test is in week one now and a failure to the shuttle run means a return home and on that they are very searious. "
JESSO

Dear God, I read that one section and bolted for my runners and out the door for a run  :blotto:. Fear gives you that extra leg in a run!

OK I guess I might as well give the little excerpt from my personality. I am laid back in general except for the military, I am basically the kid who watched the movies and just got lost in thought of what its like being in the armed forces. It got worse when the bus load of troops would come into my Tim Hortons from Shilo when I was working at Timmies. I am a tad sarcastic at times etc but I am not doing it to be an arse. I probably will be trying to get to know the people around me immediately first rather then going 100 KM/H trying to meet everyone. If I can help someone I most likely will and I probably wont be too shy to ask for some advice after the fourth or fifth time I get it wrong.  ;D (Seriously its hard describing yourself on the spot!)

osjesso said:
b]By the way the PT test is in week one now and a failure to the shuttle run means a return home and on that they are very searious.[/b] "

Crap, that is the only thing i am worried about...... shuttle run....

I don't remember the course number, however I'll probably recognize it if I saw it.

I'm generally fairly shy and quiet, although that seems to be changing lately.  I laugh a lot which worries me and I'm expecting some extra pushups because of this.  I met Dugnut at the Toronto swearing in already, not sure about anyone else.  Just look for the 6'9" beacon and you've found ArmyDave. ;D

I should be fine on the shuttle run, I've been running 6km every second day now that I've finally fixed my shin splint problem.  Apparently the running room gave me the wrong shoes the first time.  My second pair has more support and is doing perfect, I'm just happy to have that problem solved before it was too late.

Here's a picture of me from my swearing in ceremony:  http://www.armydave.com/images/004.jpg

6'9!! You monster!! Ha ha , Thank god Im the week after , imagine keepin' up with you with these little wee legs.

Why does that man in the nursing home shoes have his hands in his pockets?!

Callsign Kenny said:
Why does that man in the nursing home shoes have his hands in his pockets?!

He was the one that conducted the oath/solemn affirmation.  Please don't make fun of him, he was an extremely nice guy and isn't here to defend himself, nor should he have to.

Great pic, armydave! Thanks for sharing.
The bakground in mine is a picture of the queen projected onto the screen... ::)

When does the goatee go bye-bye?

Springroll said:
When does the goatee go bye-bye?

Probably a day or two before I leave. ;)

There's some more pics of my swearing in ceremony at the following URL if anyone is interested:

www.armydave.com/images.php

crap... was everyone wearing a tie dave? ive forgot to get one, and i swear in myself in about 4 hours. :crybaby:

Out of roughly 20 of us, I'd say about 15 were wearing ties.  The others were dressed pretty decent except for one guy in jeans.  We all felt sorry for him, apparently he didn't get the memo. ;)

Back