• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bizarre Babbling About Firearms

loyaleddieswannabe said:
"My all time favorite is the Bren"-Colin P
Amen to that, Ive only fired 17 rounds from one but that is one of the neatest MG's I've ever played with but I've only played with a .50, a .30, a C9, and some Chinese gun.

You're 16. Pray tell, where, when and how, you fired all these weapons. Dates, Units and number of rounds fired please?

Well I have a buddy(one of my CI's in Cadets) that has both the .50 and the .30(they are deactivated though), the C9 I fired up in Waignwright on a range ex, and both the Bren and the Chinese machine gun I fired at a pay-range called Vintage Guns in north dakota last summer. I was suppost to go back there this summer but I spent all my money on the local fair and I can't afford a weekend in the states, well at least at that range.

:cdn: :salute: :cdn:

Oh you wanted the number of rounds too umm none from the .50 or .30, about four or five quick bursts from the C9, exactly 17 rounds from the Bren(I counted the shell casings out and kept them) and two quick bursts from the Chinese thing. And to really think of it the chinese thing was more of a rifle then a machine gun, even though it fires fully auto, and had a drum magazine.

Well there we have it, nothing to cut him up for, he was completely honest from the start. Good on you loyaleddy.

The closest I've ever come to firing a rifle is a pellet gun, However I have held a C7, Eryx, .30 mg, .50 mg and other large amounts of weaponry brought to the Abbotsford Airshow by the local engineer regement out of Chilliwhack(I think so anyway). I've also got a cousin in a comms unit at Shilo MB. Also, my favorite rifle is the .50 cal M-82 Long Range Anti-Matter Sniper Rifle. If you've got America's Army you know what I'm talking about.

Ya I own that game thats a pretty sweet rifle. But the game deploys it differently then it should(you should only fire the "light fifty" barret at vehicles and light armored tanks, in the game you shoot a person with it.

:cdn: :salute: :cdn:

How about speaking on real experience and not pretend experience here....

BattleHawk said:
The closest I've ever come to firing a rifle is a pellet gun, However I have held a C7, Eryx, .30 mg, .50 mg and other large amounts of weaponry

Holding a .50! Thats 37kg! (off the tripod) I thought the CF dumped the .30 back in the 1960's.

Wes

BattleHawk said:
my favorite rifle is the .50 cal M-82 Long Range Anti-Matter Sniper Rifle.

I prefer the laser cannon myself...

I think your talking about an anti-materiel weapon.

spoon man said:
I prefer the laser cannon myself...

I think your talking about an anti-materiel weapon.

:rofl:

I'm a fan of the neutron pulse rifles myself

It's still a rifle though. Also in the US you can buy a civilianized version. The .30 was on a tripod and the .50 was on an LAV III

BattleHawk said:
It's still a rifle though. Also in the US you can buy a civilianized version.
if you're referring to the Barret, you can buy it in Canada, too. But why would anyone want to?

BattleHawk said:
It's still a rifle though. Also in the US you can buy a civilianized version. The .30 was on a tripod and the .50 was on an LAV III
Surely you jest?, maybe you are thinking of another Veh type?

paracowboy said:
if you're referring to the Barret, you can buy it in Canada, too. But why would anyone want to?

Not unless you were grandfathered, the Barrett M82A1 (Light Fifty) and the Barrett Model 90 are on the prohibited list of firearms.  Same with the McMillan M87

true, but you can still buy it. While the gun laws in Canada are the most ridiculous things going, I bristle lately at the comparisons too prevalent between us and america. Certain states have gun laws as draconian as ours. Perhaps I'm too sensitive from dealing with some of my Yankee buddies on the subject.

Actually the Barret and McMillan series are Prohib NON Grandfathered - by name.

As far as .50BMG's you can own here.

M2 Converted auto 12(3)  or 12(2) for those really lucky guys
Steyr
AI
PGWDTI
EDM
etc.

The Maadi, Barett, McMillan and one or to others are Prohib by name

Back