• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bizarre Babbling About Firearms

the perfect rifle;ARMALITE AR-10A4.308/7.62 ,its a great rifle i have personaly fired about 50 rds from one,it is very accurate and it has very low recoil.. also the M40 is a very good rifle,as is the M87ELR.. :warstory:

Favorite rifle is the Finnish Sako TRG  22 (similar to the  TRG 42 ),its a rifle I had the chance to use in my country of origin,and it is used in many counter Terrorist forces

Difference between TRG 22 and TRG 42

TRG 22

-7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) caliber

-10 round box magazine

-4.7 kg

-660 mm barrell

TRG 42

-.300 Winchester magnum and 8.60x70mm (.338 Lapua)

-5 round box magazine

-5.1 kg

-690 mm barrell

Favorite handgun : Ruger SP101 in .357 , wich in MY OPINION** ,the best handgun for self-defence,its reliable,simple to use and packs a punch.

Leo, do you have actual experience with any of the firearms you mentioned or is it a wish list based on statistics?

Just curious.

Yes,its not bs ,and I envy others that have shot  firearms that I havent.

I wish to shoot the following if I get the chance:

Macmillan tac 50

mk19 fully automatic 40 mm grenade launcher

taurus raging bull

Accuracy international AS50

Accuracy International AW-50

Weatherby TRR ,actually thinking about aquiring a Threat Response Rifle

I own many Winchester rifles (m70 featherweight  Stainless steel ,m70 Classic Supergrade,model 94 timber)
browning rifles (BAR lightweight stalker with boss,White gold Medallion with boss,A-bolt Stainless Stalker )
Sako (75 Hunter,75 deluxe)
tikka (T3 Lighweight Stainless)
Remington (7600 synthetic,700 Varmint 700 Sendero,)

And many shotguns ..
So please..dont think im just an amateur..im new in the military,but not in firearms..

Adrian_888 said:
What's the gun with the grenade launcher on the bottom of it?  Looks kinda like an M16.

Find the search tab at the top of the page - search on "M203"
You'll get seven pages of threads to learn all about it.

you guys thought me and Infidel were kidding, all this time, didn't you?

**Side note**

How would one get the funding for such a collection?  That is a Very large group, and I don't see how a normal job could buy all that...Freaking awesome.

Koenigsegg said:
How would one get the funding for such a collection?  That is a Very large group, and I don't see how a normal job could buy all that
remember, Mark has been buying firearms for about 80 years now. Most of his guns only cost about $40 when he bought them.

Koenigsegg said:
**Side note**

How would one get the funding for such a collection?  That is a Very large group, and I don't see how a normal job could buy all that...Freaking awesome.

Mate, don't think its all BS, because they do exist, when I visited Mark in 1997, his collection was huge then!! Mine however only consists of one carbine here in Australia, and around 21 or 22 firearms back in dear ole Saskatchewan. Once upon a time, when I was a prairie lad, I had dozens of firearms in my collection, but sold all but a few favourites back in 1994 just prior to me leaving Canada for Australia.

Cheers,

Wes

Oh, I do believe he owns them all, I was just skeptical how a normal salary could fund the collection.  Including the registrations and licenses to go along with such firearms.
Amazing collection, and I understand that those are not all of them?  Holy crap.

Koenigsegg said:
Oh, I do believe he owns them all, I was just skeptical how a normal salary could fund the collection.  Including the registrations and licenses to go along with such firearms.
Amazing collection, and I understand that those are not all of them?  Holy crap.

You don't pay registration fees, and there is only one license (one  small fee) which is valid for 5 years, besides a collection is a lifetime hobby, so its not as if he bought all of them at one go. Can you afford a new car for example? One can buy lots of guns for the price of a new car. These firearms are not as expensive as you think, but still costly mind you.

Cheers,

Wes

I am only a Cadet but I personally belive that  the C1  FN FAL  is a great rifle, besides the fact that it  was too heavy. 

Homer Simpson said:
I am only a Cadet but I personally belive that   the C1  FN FAL  is a great rifle, besides the fact that it  was too heavy. 

Hey Homer, the Rifle (1005 21-150-1999), 7.62mm FN (C1) A1 at 11lbs fully loaded was not too heavy. I am sure even as a Cadet right now you could handle it.

Cheers,

Wes

I have just shot a better rifle then my first post (Mauser Kar98). An M14 military assault rifle. I have fired a fully automatic version. Only a five shot clip but its fun. First made in 1957 as an improved M1 Grand rifle. The M14 has seen action early in the American involvement of the Vietnam conflict, and its remake sniper rifle the M21. Although it was replaced for the AR-15 and the M16, it is being brought back for use in the Iraq conflict of today because of its stopping power and long range accuracy. That is not a stab at all the M16 and C7 lovers, I do believe though, the M14 is better then the M16 and C7, although I have only fired an M4 carbine.

C/Pte. M. Legare

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e304/soldierboi69/M14.jpg

I was looking over the entire topic today and my hat goes off to Mark C (wow I hope those are all legal), and MG34 for the exellent showing off. :salute:

C/Pte. M. Legare

Infidel-6 said:
The M14DMR's where introduced to fill a gap between the M24 Sniper Rifle and the Aimpoint equipt M4 carbines.  The KAC M110 SASS (Mk11 Mod 0 derivative) is replacing all the M14's in service since the system has serious flaws.
The M14 is either a inaccurate combat weapon (4-5MOA rack typical) or an accurate safe queen (needs lot of TLC in the accurized versions) .

Infidel, have you ever shot an M14?

Red 6 said:
Infidel, have you ever shot an M14?

I think that needs a smiley with it or it might be considered a slam.  I doubt that I-6 has shot an AM14, however I'm likewise fairly certain that he has fired at least a few (or variants thereof... ;)).

blake

You got me all wrong, mudgunner. I was just askin' a question. No need to folks to climb into their fightin' holes. As far as the shoot vs fire thing, you can fire your weapon, I'll shoot mine... :warstory:

Back