• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

The first PO (Robinson?) was having too much fun messing with their heads.... Gotta love it. I know I will.

Does anyone know what the release schedule is?

Don't think there is an actual schedule.  The release of each episode has been very random...but always approximately a week apart, give or take a few days.

Captain Coffee said:
But since it was made with public funds (or DND funds) it seems to me that it's public domain.  Canadian Taxpayers paid for it they're allowed to see it. 

Since they're releasing it on the web it's already cleared for public consumption so it's not classified or anything.

You are entirely correct, in fact the CBC is going to start releasing HD programming through torrents. This is a first for North America. Their mandate is to provide tax payers with access to media through the most efficient means possible because of the use of public funds. So the same thing applies here.

bcrawford said:
Episode 3 has not been released yet as of 12:56PM today.  This is assuming it is to be posted at the same location, and using the same naming conventions.  If it is, its address will be: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/English/podcast/basicup_003.mp4.

Not working for me. Anyone?

Not working for me. Anyone?

If you look closely at what bcrawford actually said, it is noted that Ep.3 isn't out yet...

Episode 3 has not been released yet as of 12:56PM today

They don't show when the new episodes come on in the army podcast either, so it's just a waiting game...

deej96 said:
If you look closely at what bcrawford actually said, it is noted that Ep.3 isn't out yet...

They don't show when the new episodes come on in the army podcast either, so it's just a waiting game...

Whoops, duh. Thanks Deej. I should have also said that that link doesn't work even when I replace the 3 with a 2 or 1, so it may not be the right link at all.

anybody know why you can only find the complete episode #1 on the army news archives when we've already seen episode 2? is there a site where you can find the complete episodes easily?

SICK ;D still, is there a website where all complete episodes can be viewed as they come out, our are we dling the episodes by checking if the link works?

I've just been checking the links every week... If you search the VODcasts of the DND website you can find hyperlinks to them, but theres no "official" page that i can find with full episode listings

cheeky_monkey said:
The first PO (Robinson?) was having too much fun messing with their heads.... Gotta love it. I know I will.

I am going to re-frame from commenting on him, as he has been already braked over the coals on the site.

my file's been sent to the unit i wanna join, I called the recruiting officer asking bout my file and they said that the Next intake for BMQ is in june :(, is that true? cause I'm done school at the end of April and i wanna do BMQ asap, i always thought BMQ was continuous or is that only BMQ for reg force?.... now all i can do is wait for the call, can't stand waiting... this show doesn't help :p although it's awsome

Search BMQ on this forum. Short answer: depends on unit, and RegF, Res.

lone bugler said:
my file's been sent to the unit i wanna join, I called the recruiting officer asking bout my file and they said that the Next intake for BMQ is in june :(, is that true? cause I'm done school at the end of April and i wanna do BMQ asap, i always thought BMQ was continuous or is that only BMQ for reg force?.... now all i can do is wait for the call, can't stand waiting... this show doesn't help :p although it's awsome
I'd look at it this way, you have more time for PT to ready yourself once you get there. I would also search BMQ on here, since it depends on many things.

Patience, my friend, is a virtue. ;)

Now, let's get back on topic.

This is quite a large file (ep. 3). Must be a long show. Any one watch it yet an know how long it is?

the shows 20-25 minutes per episode, mind you im no couch potato, so i think on the PT front im not badly off

Mike Baker said:
I'd look at it this way, you have more time for PT to ready yourself once you get there. I would also search BMQ on here, since it depends on many things.

Patience, my friend, is a virtue. ;)

Now, let's get back on topic.

This is quite a large file (ep. 3). Must be a long show. Any one watch it yet an know how long it is?

still trying to download it  ::)

Back