• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Courses List

George Wallace said:
Goto          Home (LFCMS) > LFDTS > CTC Gagetown > Army National Calendar

It is at the top of the left hand col.
Anyone know where I can find an equivalent RCAF national-level training calendar?

-Skeletor- said:
Infantry NCOs and Officers can attend the US Army Ranger Course, but limited spots are available each year, if any at all.  It's not really "advanced" or cool guy SOF training that you are thinking about. Ranger School more or less is a leadership course, and a tough one at that.

So it's actual Ranger school ( Benning phase,Mountain phase, Florida Phase etc.) or is it just a condensed version of the course offered to foreign-nationals ?
Also, is the UK's Commando course still offered to Canadian/other commonwealth soldiers or have they stopped doing that now ?
Thanks. :cdn:

TSpoon said:
So it's actual Ranger school ( Benning phase,Mountain phase, Florida Phase etc.) or is it just a condensed version of the course offered to foreign-nationals ?

It is the actual course.

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know anything about the Commando course ?

I was told that the army reserves no longer have BMQ's in the summer, anyone know if thats true, and if they do have BMQ's where and when for eastern canada this summer, thank you.

Lonewolf121 said:
I was told that the army reserves no longer have BMQ's in the summer, anyone know if thats true, and if they do have BMQ's where and when for eastern canada this summer, thank you.
Army reserves still have BMQ in the summer. They probably do not offer part time courses in the summer (at least In my area they don't). I live in Winnipeg and my BMQ is June 30 to July 30,  most likely taking place in Edmonton or Victoria. So you could end up anywhere. It's only 5 weeks unless you do BMQ Land right after, then I think it runs for 7.
Good luck!

Back