• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Courses List

Technoviking said:
Disagree.

Edit to add: the Australians seem to agree:

But if the engineers and artillerymen wish to consider themselves as part of that élite club, that's fine by me.  (Though I think that the artillery are already pretty "cocky", but they have good reason to be: they provide pretty awesome combat support.  And so too the engineers.  Ubique! )  ;D

1. Who cares what the Australians think
2. Infantry and armoured,  "elite?" thats a good one
3. jumpers, divers, big truck drivers ( and bombs).. Yeah, engineers are definitely combat arms in my books.
4. I have always thought that engineers can and do every combat role possible, and do not need the others as much as they need them. The only thing we don't do is artillery,but we could learn...quick.  We do infantry and we do armoured.
5. we gave the air force their start as well..look into it
6. In other countries , engineers are responsible for field deployed tactical nukes, the ultimate combat weapon
7. On water too.. divers/ boats.
8. Hell they should change our motto to " By sea, air or land, and everything else in between"
9. I feel better now

sappermcfly said:
1. Who cares what the Australians think
2. Infantry and armoured,  "elite?" thats a good one
3. jumpers, divers, big truck drivers ( and bombs).. Yeah, engineers are definitely combat arms in my books.
4. I have always thought that engineers can and do every combat role possible, and do not need the others as much as they need them. The only thing we don't do is artillery,but we could learn...quick.  We do infantry and we do armoured.
5. we gave the air force their start as well..look into it
6. In other countries , engineers are responsible for field deployed tactical nukes, the ultimate combat weapon
7. On water too.. divers/ boats.
8. Hell they should change our motto to " By sea, air or land, and everything else in between"
9. I feel better now
1.  Who cares what youthink?  ;D
2.  Jealousy will get you nowhere.
3.  I don't see "close with" anywhere in your job description.  Verdict: support (unless you are performing your secondary role, which is our primary role, of course)
4.  You "do" armoured?  Nice.  As for need: we (the infantry and armoured) do nothing but kill the enemy.  You engineers breach the minefields so that we can go in there and finish the job (for which we are eternally grateful, by the way).  At least the artillery has "destroy" as a task, but we all know they only "close with" the mess. ;D
5.  You gave the air force their start.  Another reason to "hate" you ;D
6.  See your own question #1.  At least be consistent.
7.  Infantry and Armoured need you to cross that water, we get that, but see my point 4 (mobility support, again, thanks for that.)
8.  I thought "Ubique" as a motto would cover "everything in between"
9.  I too feel better

(Now, before I lose all my MilPoints, the above is definitely tongue-in-cheek)

So what you're saying is that you want to be an engineer right? And I am right? Thanks man, I appreciate it, that was very humble of you to admit that.

hahaha

We gunners find your petty squabbling soooo boring.

Just remember that there are two kinds of people, gunners and targets.

Old Sweat said:
We gunners find your petty squabbling soooo boring.

From the dictionary:

CEP:  abbreviation.  Artillery expression meaning "Close Enough Projectile"

sappermcfly said:
4. I have always thought that engineers can and do every combat role possible, and do not need the others as much as they need them.

You thought wrong.

we do armoured.

No, you do not. Driving around AEVs and AVLBs doesnt make you "do armoured" anymore than an ammo tech doing doing EOD makes him/her 'do combat engineer".

sappermcfly said:
So what you're saying is that you want to be an engineer right? And I am right? Thanks man, I appreciate it, that was very humble of you to admit that.

hahaha
;D

Don't out me, dude! 

Old Sweat said:
Now I know why I liked my time in mortars: I was closer to the gunners and therefore, further from the targets.

On that list it has "Ranger (U.S)" listed. Does that mean there's an opportunity to apply for advanced training with U.S Army Rangers?

Shamrock1 said:
On that list it has "Ranger (U.S)" listed. Does that mean there's an opportunity to apply for advanced training with U.S Army Rangers?

Infantry NCOs and Officers can attend the US Army Ranger Course, but limited spots are available each year, if any at all.  It's not really "advanced" or cool guy SOF training that you are thinking about. Ranger School more or less is a leadership course, and a tough one at that.

Wow, thats really cool I didnt know the CF offered that. Yeahh I've seen a few shows on t.v about ranger school and heard lots about it, it sounds extremely difficult but thanks for clearing that up for me!  :)

Shamrock1 said:
Wow, thats really cool I didnt know the CF offered that. Yeahh I've seen a few shows on t.v about ranger school and heard lots about it, it sounds extremely difficult but thanks for clearing that up for me!  :)

Technically, it's the US Army offering it, not the CF.  Also theres other US courses available for CF pers to take, as well as CF courses that Americans can attend, etc.  Plus some units have gone to the US for excercises, same with having Americans came here to train with us.

flyingfeakguy said:
Does anyone know if 33 Brigade runs a weekend SQ?

BMQ ... Yes

BMQ (L) ... Not to my knowledge.  You need to commit to full time for this course as there are long periods of Field trg that can not be done on weekends.

I have a Question i am hoping you may be able to help me with, I am suppose to take a B.M.Q. (reserve) course on June 4Th 2011. Since the course is from the 4Th of June to the 5Th of July does that mean that i will get weekends off ?.

Lonewolf121 said:
I have a Question i am hoping you may be able to help me with, I am suppose to take a B.M.Q. (reserve) course on June 4Th 2011. Since the course is from the 4Th of June to the 5Th of July does that mean that i will get weekends off ?.

Weekends off depends entirely on your performance during the week and your staff. Remember, weekends on BMQ can be taken away at any time for pretty much any reason. So we can't really speculate on if you'll get weekends off or not.

Does anyone have dates for the BMQ (C) in August and the BMQ (L), if any, in sept.

Back