• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? Edmonton Area

I wish I could come, but I'll be in ON. until the 19th.  Maybe next time.

EX Impotent...er..Eastern Grizzley is from the9th to the 19th... so those opf us in the MO on the board wont be here

but i would come otherwise, Im always in for pint or five

Dixon said:
EX Impotent...er..Eastern Grizzley is from the9th to the 19th... so those opf us in the MO on the board wont be here

but i would come otherwise, Im always in for pint or five

Well, you enjoy your ex, while I enjoy my army-paid hotel room and TD  ;)

Sig_Des said:
Well, you enjoy your ex, while I enjoy my army-paid hotel room and TD  ;)

Field Pay and my C6; Ezekial Thunderchicken Esq the IIIrd

your paid hovel and TD dont match up to the sheer joy of doing right proper armd recce stuff

;) :p

Alright folks, I'd like to hammer out some details for this meet. I know a bunch have mentioned to me privately that they are interested in showing, but could the others interested in coming please post and let us know, so we can make some decisions. Also, like I said, ANY suggestions for locations would be great too.

I should be able to make it for the 16th. As to where -- does it make sense to get some idea where Sig_Des is billeted, and use that as a starting point?

He's staying in Nisku (if he makes it back there before his flight!... ) so I think we are good to go with pretty much anywhere.

'k. How 'bout the Windsor, 87th Ave and 117th Street (just west of the Butterdome)?  20-25 minutes from the airport, excellent pizza, lots of different beers on tap, not too busy on Friday nights, and quiet enough that you can hear the person across the table from you without them screaming.

Unfortunately, although a bunch of PPCLI types will be in town that weekend for our Col-in-Chief succession events, the night of the 16th conflicts with our officer's mixed dining-in.  Enjoy your relaxing beers while the likes of PPCLIGuy and myself chafe in our mess dress....

Mark C said:
Unfortunately, although a bunch of PPCLI types will be in town that weekend for our Col-in-Chief succession events, the night of the 16th conflicts with our officer's mixed dining-in.  Enjoy your relaxing beers while the likes of PPCLIGuy and myself chafe in our mess dress....

Exactly,
but to stay here in Cowtown in comfortable clothes or put on the tux. Interestingly, 250 "hob nobers" had first crack at invites. The 17th is also B-Day and both the assoc. here in town and the CAV unit have decided to forgo a trip north and celebrate in comfort. Forrest Lawn Legion March 17, 16:00 til..................... :cheers:

I'm going to be in town next week.  Can I come and play too?

I don't know Edmonton all that well, so I will need some pretty good directions to whatever spot is picked.

Alright Folks, here's the plan:

16 March - approx 2000 hrs. Boston Pizza Lounge - Corner of 97 Street & 137th Ave (Brand new location)

So far, about 9 people have expressed interest to me in making an appearance. If you need directions or just want a contact number, feel free to send me a PM. I know a few of us plan to move on after BP to a bar for further entertainment, and anyone is welcome to join in on that fun as well. (that location to TBD that night by the crowd)

Hope to see a good turnout!

I can make it, no problem.  It's the carrying on that might be tough, my hotel is downtown, just off Jasper.  A taxi might be expensive.....

I live downtown and will be going that way to drop off my car (after the shindig at BP) before heading to the bar. So if you need a ride back after Boston Pizza I am sure I can help ya out.

Too bad I have to work that night, I'd like to meet you guys.Wish it was on St Patties day,I have to go to this col in chief shin dig on Saturday as many other troops are.Does anybody want to get together Saturday? ,for a Guinness ;D

Why couldn't you guys have a meet and greet when I was in Ed last December :(  The 16th is the date I'm flying to BC  waiting to be loaded onto my 3s. First opportunity I get though I'm flying to Ed for a quick visit.

so can anyone on this forum go? i still pretty new here. but i about 3 hours west of Edmonton. and im always looking for an excuse to head into the city!

Pea said:
The more the merrier!!  ;D

Absolutely!
formerarmybrat23 said:
so can anyone on this forum go? i still pretty new here. but i about 3 hours west of Edmonton. and im always looking for an excuse to head into the city!

Plus we can gossip about OHS'ers! I'll be driving about 2 and half hours that afternoon to get to Edmonton, anyway!

Back